The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 10:34:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Torchwood Gets New Title And Plot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Torchwood Gets New Title And Plot  (Read 492 times)
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: January 09, 2011, 02:03:06 pm »

Interesting you say that this is similar to a Xena story because this tale is famous in Greek Mythology. As some of you know I take quite an interest in this area and there are a few instances where this occured. Most famous is probably Sisyphus who was forced to push a boulder up a hill and then watch it roll back down for all eternity. Just for reference I am going to bore you with the tale incase it has any bearing on the TW plot.

Sisyphus was a bit of an arse and Zeus decided to have him banished to the underworld. When Thanatos (sort of a modern day grim reaper) came to claim Sisyphus for the underworld, he knew he would not be taken easily, so he took with him a pair of handcuffs in order to chain Sisyphus, however Sisyphus played the fool and pretended like the handcuffs were the most amazing and intriguing thing ever and asked Thanatos to show him how they worked. Thanatos was obviously not too bright because he tested them out on himself. Sisyphus then locked Thanatos in his house for days and in this time nobody could die. Soldiers in battle who were mortally wounded stayed wounded and dying but didnt pass over. The elderly and the sick the same. The general populace just thought that a miracle had happened and the gods were smiling down on them, but gradually it came to be not such a great thing and the storehouses and winery's all quickly ran out of resources and there wasnt enough room for all the people. In the end, Ares became frustrated that his wars were becoming boring and so freed Thanatos in order to take him to the underworld.

There is a whole lot more that happens after that but its not (as far as I know) relevent to this story. So yea, it could be to do with the Greek Gods. We have already dealt with the Devil and seen the Grim Reaper so it wouldnt be a massive stretch.

Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: