The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 06:23:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Forum Updates

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Updates  (Read 1721 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: January 17, 2011, 07:25:50 pm »

Now that Christmas is out of the way, the section that we built to accomodate for the special has been moved to 'Inside The TARDIS'. It is still contained within its own section so if you want to access it to post your thoughts then you can find it at the top of the 'Inside...' section.

That section is currently undergoing some reconstruction so some threads that you usually find in there may go missing for a while while we move things around, but we are building a new section to accomodate all of the threads. There should be minimum disruption though and everything should be easy to find once we are done but if you get stuck then give one of the moderators a shout and we will help you out Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 10:45:55 pm »

Did you change all the names as well? Everything looks different
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 01:57:19 pm »

Did you change all the names as well? Everything looks different

Sorry, miles behind. Yes, all the names have been changed. Which rather brilliantly takes me into the latest update....

In keeping with the rest of the forum, the Water Cooler has finally been given it's name change. Thanks to Mandy it is now been titled 'The Leisure Hive'. A new subsection has been added to take some of the pressure off in there. That section is increasingly busy and lots of threads were being lost under all the posts, so there is now a Film & Television subsection for all the threads relating to, you guessed it, Film & Television. Isn't it genius? Mandy is currently in her overalls redecorating in there so it should be finished in a little while.

Also, there is a brand new section of the forum currently under construction that should be opened in a month or so, so keep your eyes peeled for that too and we will keep you updated with any other changes as they happen Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 04:09:53 pm »

The Leisure Hive is a much better name. It fits in better with the other thread titles
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 03:23:56 pm »

Some more changes are taking place today, so sorry if you are struggling to find a particular thread or topic.

The Greatest Show In The Galaxy section is being merged with The Awakening and five subsections are being created to accomodate the 5 previous series. Lots of threads are being merged and moved around so if something goes missing put a note in here and I will dig it out for you.

Each previous series is being given its own section and some of them will seem quieter than others, so make sure you create lots of new conversation topics to keep things ticking over. It should now be easier to locate stuff relating to specific series.

Work should be finished some time this afternoon, so you won't be disturbed for long Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 07:10:17 pm »

I just saw. It looks much better now it's all divided and structured
Report Spam   Logged
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 07:36:35 pm »

I agree. Should be much easier to find stuff relating to older series now Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Dame Roger
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Second
Favourite Companion: Ace

View Profile
Search Windows User Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 08:40:53 pm »

Hmmm can't say I'm entirely happy with The Greatest Show In The Gallery merging with The Awakening. I really liked the idea of having an area that related to all eras of the show equally; there's often seems to be a feeling that Doctor Who is two separate shows, one that ran from 1963-1989 and another unrelated one that began in 2005, rather than it being (as I like to consider it) one show that was just off the air for quite a while, and I thought the old Greatest Show area helped to give it a sense of unity.
And there are quite a few threads (such as the The Companion +/- Game, The Quotable Doctor, Top 200 Stories etc) in there that contain a lot of stuff about both the classic and modern eras of the show, so putting them in a section that is described as being specifically for the 2005-present era of the show seems rather strange.

That aside, however, I do like the idea of giving each of the series an area of its own. The separate areas on the board for each decade of the classic series has worked well and I'm sure this new idea will do equally so.  Afro
Report Spam   Logged

"I'm reversing the jelly baby of the neutron flow."
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 08:52:27 pm »

The basic premise of it is still exactly the same, it was just a way of keeping it contained as most people didnt seem to know why there were two sections in the first place. Its still very much a place for all eras of the show, it just happens to house the sections from 2005 onwards. The way it was before, TGSITG was for all the general Who chit chat, and The Awakening was for stuff 2005-present. What we did was give the 2005-present stuff their own sub sections at the top and then brought all the rest of it together as a way of uniting it all under one roof.

EDIT: I can see what you mean about it all coming under 2005-present. Thats my fault for not changing the board description, which I will do now Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Dame Roger
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Second
Favourite Companion: Ace

View Profile
Search Windows User Poll Voter
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 09:05:02 pm »

Thanks, that makes much better sense now.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"I'm reversing the jelly baby of the neutron flow."
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 09:12:19 pm »

If the seperate 'series' sections take off like the 'era' areas then they will be moved to their own section anyway and it will be pretty much as it was before today, but before they were sectioned off the area was getting a bit stagnant and not seeing much posting. When I went through it this morning to tidy it up most of what was in there belonged in TGSITG anyway, so we were left with just a handful of topics that needed a place to go, which is why we decided to merge it together and then add the subsections. The type of thread the main body of that section houses though will remain the same with the same type of topics and games and whatnot Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 09:42:17 pm »

Couple of updates Smiley

We finally have a house for the series 1-5 stuff so they have been moved out of The Greatest Show In The Galaxy and into a section of their own called The Satan Pit, just above TGSITG.

The E-Space section at the bottom of the forum has been scrapped. Because the two sections in that area were mainly themed around specific times of the year, September for the awards and November for the anniversary, they were just gathering dust with very little in the way of posting so they have been moved as subsections to TGSITG, where they probably fit better anyway.

If you have trouble finding anything just let one of us know Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 10:11:00 am »

I prefer it this way. It makes more sense to shift them around Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 06:43:52 pm »

I broke something while I was doing some upgrades and the quick reply on posts has dissapeared. I'll get it sorted ASAP. If you see it back before I've posted to say its working, can you please post in here and let me know. Thanks Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 06:54:18 pm »

I can see it & if this post actually works then I'd say it's back  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 06:55:23 pm »

Awesome, thanks Smiley

Not sure what happened there
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 02:34:44 pm »

The RP section has moved. It can now be found as part of the Fanatical For Who section of the forum. All subsections are still there and can be found inside the main board.
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 01:15:44 pm »

The Galleries and Fan Art sections have been moved in with the Fan Fiction section. It's still in the same area of the forum, just under a new header Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 05:32:40 pm »

I've merged the two threads at the bottom of the forum for non DW chat and games. TV will be left as a stand alone section, but the other two didn't need to be seperated. All the threads are still there but they are all in one place now.
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 04:22:05 pm »

One of the updates on the forum today is the implementation by the hosts of 'badges', which are sort of achievements for hitting certain milestones on the forum.

During the update I hit a button that sent out notifications to everyone about this so you might find notifications in your emails or PMs on your account to say you have badges. Sorry. I didn't mean to. They can be ignored and you shouldn't get any more.

Also, the badges are now going to appear under your avi. They are sort of ugly. Apologies for this also. I will try and see if I can change them for nicer images.

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: