The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 12:26:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Series Judgements

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Series Judgements  (Read 114 times)
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« on: February 07, 2011, 01:17:55 pm »

Is there any series that on repeat viewings has gone up/down in your estimation? Smiley

I have to admit that I struggled with series 1 the first time round but it is now one of my all time favourites as a whole Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 02:08:03 pm »

Is there any series that on repeat viewings has gone up/down in your estimation? Smiley

I have to admit that I struggled with series 1 the first time round but it is now one of my all time favourites as a whole Cool

The more I watch Series One, the sadder I get that we only get 13 stories of Ecclestone. He was just immense. Perhaps the fact that he was going made it that little bit more special though..?

In answer to your question in the OP, I have to say Season 5 for me has benefited from numerous re-watchings. I think I never really warmed to Amy (and still haven't) but now i'm over that and can just appreciate the stories and the sheer, jaw dropping brilliance of Matt Smith (he is an exceptionally good fit to the role and just the contrast we needed post-Tennant). I'm not saying I was anti-season 5 in any way (The Lodger, TEH, TPO & TBB were all utterly marvelous at first instance) but with subsequent re-watchings it just gets better and better.
Report Spam   Logged

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 04:37:51 pm »

Series 2 seems to get worse everytime I watch it. Its like I have to get through mounds and mounds of crap to get to a couple of good episodes. When it first aired though I loved it. I think its because every series since has been so much better
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 2500 Posts Super Poster 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 09:35:29 pm »

Everytime I watch S4 I found even better things about it! I love it Cheesy

And I have to say... S5 is so much better than I remembered! I really didn't like most of it when I first watched it... most of the eps I'd only seen once (which says a lot!!). But I'm currently on my rewatch now (up to 508) and my god, it is so much better than I remember!! I'm very surprised. I wonder if my opinion of The Hungry Earth duo and The Big Bang will change on rewatch
Report Spam   Logged

TV Addict|Lost|Grey's Anatomy|Parks & Rec|Game of Thrones|Community|Cougar Town|Doctor Who|Member of the Month Nov 2011
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: