The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 08:10:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The First Doctor Story Tournament THE FINAL

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The First Doctor Story Tournament THE FINAL  (Read 7060 times)
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #280 on: March 20, 2011, 08:43:52 pm »

6-1 to the Daleks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 3
Battle 4

The Time Meddler Vs The War Machines

The Time Meddler

"That is the dematerialisation control, and that over yonder is the horizontal hold. Up there is the scanner, those are the doors, that is a chair with a panda on it... Sheer poetry, dear boy! Now please stop bothering me!"

First Transmitted:

The Watcher - 03/07/1965 18:55
The Meddling Monk - 10/07/1965 17:40
A Battle of Wits - 17/07/1965 17:40
Checkmate - 24/07/1965 17:40

Plot

The TARDIS arrives on an English coastline in the year 1066. Exploring, the Doctor discovers that one of his own people, the Monk, is conspiring to wipe out the Viking fleet and thus allow King Harold to face the forces of William of Normandy with a fresh army at the Battle of Hastings....

VS

The War Machines

"I can feel it... it's got something... sort of powerful... it's... Look at my skin! Look at that! I've got that prickling sensation. The... sensation again... the same... just as I had when I fought the Daleks... those Daleks were near!"

First Transmitted:

1 - 25/06/1966 17:35
2 - 02/07/1966 18:55
3 - 09/07/1966 17:35
4 - 16/07/1966 17:15

Plot

The TARDIS arrives in London in 1966 and the Doctor and Dodo visit the Post Office Tower. There they meet Professor Brett, whose revolutionary new computer WOTAN (Will Operating Thought ANalogue) can actually think for itself and is shortly to be linked up to other major computers around the world - a project overseen by civil servant Sir Charles Summer.

It transpires however that WOTAN considers that humans are inferior to machines and should therefore be ruled by them. Exerting a hypnotic influence, it arranges the construction of War Machines - heavily-armed, self-contained mobile computers - with which to take over the world.

You have approximately 24 hours to vote for either The Time Meddler or The War Machines
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: