The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 20, 2024, 01:08:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

DVDS - FUN EXTRAS/EASTER EGGS!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DVDS - FUN EXTRAS/EASTER EGGS!!!  (Read 452 times)
Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« on: January 29, 2011, 01:04:17 pm »

Inspired by Adric's post in the Scanner Screen, but with a broader spectrum, this is for all those extras/easter eggs that other people might like to check out.

Like the sister thread, without being too dictatorial, titles should be in bold so they can be seen at a glance.

I'll start things rolling. There is an easter egg in Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith which is a funny video short of Yoda 'hanging out' with some Stormtroppers.

1. From the main menu, go to Language Selection/options.
2. Scroll down to Audio Commentary, then right to highlight the THX logo.
3. Type in 11, 3 and 8.
4. Sit back and enjoy.
Report Spam   Logged

There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... me!
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 01:58:28 pm »

Can't say I'm surprised that's the key in sequence with THX 1138 being the first film Lucas directed - obviously has a place in his heart  Smiley

I'll add a little challenge to you all if I may. This isn't about Easter Eggs as separate from the movies but actually in them.

This relates to Pixar movies. Next time you watch them watch out for:

1) A113 - this appears in some form in all of their movies*

2) The Pizza Planet Truck from Toy Story appears in all but one of their films. I'll give you a pic just in case you don't know what you're looking for.

3) John Ratzenberger voices a character in all of their movies.

There are others but those are the main three. Happy hunting  Smiley

*A113 features in other films too. Reason - simply because it is (or was) the animation classroom at CalArts - obviously holds a place in the hearts of a lot of animators.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 02:53:59 pm »

Can't say I'm surprised that's the key in sequence with THX 1138 being the first film Lucas directed - obviously has a place in his heart  Smiley

I'll add a little challenge to you all if I may. This isn't about Easter Eggs as separate from the movies but actually in them.

This relates to Pixar movies. Next time you watch them watch out for:

1) A113 - this appears in some form in all of their movies*

2) The Pizza Planet Truck from Toy Story appears in all but one of their films. I'll give you a pic just in case you don't know what you're looking for.

3) John Ratzenberger voices a character in all of their movies.

There are others but those are the main three. Happy hunting  Smiley

*A113 features in other films too. Reason - simply because it is (or was) the animation classroom at CalArts - obviously holds a place in the hearts of a lot of animators.

Expanding on PRG's challenge, also look out for 'CRM-114' which appears in several movies and tv shows in some form.
Report Spam   Logged

There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... me!
Iceman
Global Moderator
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: The Doctor
Favourite Companion: Captain Jack Harkness

Hey, it's me!

View Profile WWW
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 03:39:47 pm »

Stan Lee cameos in almost every Marvel movie except for X-Men 2.
Report Spam   Logged

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Iceman525

What a bunch of a-holes.
Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 07:25:35 pm »

Nice little bit of information there, Iceman. But unless it's mentioned in a DVD extra or easter egg, not really in keeping with this thread. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Iceman
Global Moderator
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: The Doctor
Favourite Companion: Captain Jack Harkness

Hey, it's me!

View Profile WWW
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 07:58:37 pm »

Nice little bit of information there, Iceman. But unless it's mentioned in a DVD extra or easter egg, not really in keeping with this thread. Smiley

Just like the pizza planet truck in the pixar movies? .....  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Iceman525

What a bunch of a-holes.
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 08:02:35 pm »

Boys! It's fine - I count it as an Easter Egg because he is the creator of a lot of these characters & now people know to look out for him - can be a challenge just like mine. Spot Stan Lee  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 08:09:30 pm »

Boys! It's fine - I count it as an Easter Egg because he is the creator of a lot of these characters & now people know to look out for him - can be a challenge just like mine. Spot Stan Lee  Smiley
This thread appears to have gone in a different direction than originally intended lol. Still, in that case consider 'spot Stan Lee' another expansion on PRG's original challenge Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 08:17:56 pm »

Not really as there are 2 definitions for Easter Eggs when it comes to movies.

A virtual Easter egg is an intentional hidden message, in-joke or feature in an object such as a movie, book, CD, DVD, computer program, web page or video game.

This covers things in the movie which is why I started the Pixar one.

and 2.

Easter eggs are also found on movie DVDs. In some cases, an extra click to the right or left, or going up in the menu instead of going down to select a choice will bring up a hidden feature (usually a random object on screen will be highlighted for selection), including concept art, humorous outtakes, or deleted scenes.

These are like the one you mentioned from Star Wars.

Both are valid so the thread is on track.

Quotes from Wikipedia
Report Spam   Logged

Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 08:26:23 pm »

Not really as there are 2 definitions for Easter Eggs when it comes to movies.

A virtual Easter egg is an intentional hidden message, in-joke or feature in an object such as a movie, book, CD, DVD, computer program, web page or video game.

This covers things in the movie which is why I started the Pixar one.

and 2.

Easter eggs are also found on movie DVDs. In some cases, an extra click to the right or left, or going up in the menu instead of going down to select a choice will bring up a hidden feature (usually a random object on screen will be highlighted for selection), including concept art, humorous outtakes, or deleted scenes.

These are like the one you mentioned from Star Wars.

Both are valid so the thread is on track.

Quotes from Wikipedia

There are two types of easter egg?! Well, I can't argue with that. Go nuts, guys. Which reminds me, I wonder if the nut factories of Castel 5 are still in operation.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 08:41:15 pm »

Speaking of the kind that is 'hidden' on the menu. Anyone out there who has Series 2 of Being Human on DVD there is a hidden menu on Disc 1 & you don't even need to do anything to find it ... all you need is a bit of patience.

Step 1. Insert Disc 1 into your player & wait for it to load through to the main menu screen.
Step 2. Wait approximately 1 (maybe 2) mins & the screen changes.

You can now enter the world of CenSSA - the facility which was 'curing' supernaturals in that series. Once you've entered you get taken to the hidden menu where you can find out more about this somewhat sinister organisation.

Yes sometimes patience is it's own reward  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 01:04:34 pm »

This thread has been dead for a while, so I thought I'd revive it with an easter egg from Dan in Real Life:

In the Bonus Features Menu, at the bottom of the piece of cardboard that is the menu list, place your mouse just below Audio Commentary and a menu item entitled "One More?" will appear, if you click on it, it will show another outtakes reel.
Report Spam   Logged

Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 09:24:48 am »

Blimey, took me forever to re-find this thread! Haha. Anyway, does anyone wanna restart things with another Easter Egg?
Report Spam   Logged

Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 10:44:46 am »

This thread has beeb dead for a while, so I thought I'd try to revive it with an easter egg from a classic TV show, generously provided by moviemistakes.com.

From season 1 of Quantum Leap:

On disc one go to languages and press enter. Next go to francais and press left on the DVD remote. A man will appear on the right side of the screen. Press enter for an interview with Dean Stockwell.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: