The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 07:51:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

RTD hanging up his sci-fi coat

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RTD hanging up his sci-fi coat  (Read 117 times)
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« on: February 06, 2011, 11:29:37 am »

I know there's a big debate going on with this news and the knock on effect to Torchwood but surely it could/would affect SJA too. Does anyone think this could end the show prematurely? Would a new showrunner be brought in and if so who?
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 11:59:46 am »

I know that there is a lot of speculation about him leaving Torchwood behind, but if SJA continues I would imagine he would stick by it anyways. I just can't imagine him letting go of it. Though I probably would have said the same about Torchwood a little while back too
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 12:03:32 pm »

I'm not sure how much longer SJA can run, unless they have a change over with the kids.  If it does keep going my dream is that Gareth Roberts takes over, he's written most of the best stories for it as it is imo Grin
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 01:51:51 pm »

I know Rani and Clyde are very popular but we've had a change in line ups before without too much of blip. And as we've seen with Luke - there are ways round cast members not being available for a regular role.I did wonder if the same could be done with Sarah Jane if Lis Sladen wanted to reduce her work schedule.

Someone on twitter wondered if The Moff would swallow up the franchise but I can't see it myself even if he off loads Sherlock to Mark Gatiss as has been suggested.
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 05:39:12 pm »

I don't think Rani and Clyde getting older will make much difference to be honest. Its a kids show I know, but its an older kids show. When I was younger your had things like Grange Hill and Byker Grove which had an older teen cast. I don't think it matters much if they are a little older. Or, like Mandy said, they could be replaced. Nobody thought Rani would be better than Maria but she was, so if other kids came in as replacements they could work just as well.

As for RTD, I don't see him hanging up SJA anytime soon. I think he will hold onto this one
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 09:46:34 pm »

I'd hate to think that he will give up on SJA, but he hasn't exactly been overly hands on with it. I suppose the same could be said of Torchwood up to COE. They are both better for his input though
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: