The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 09:04:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

William Hartnell: The Lost Stories - THE DALEK MASTERPLAN

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William Hartnell: The Lost Stories - THE DALEK MASTERPLAN  (Read 646 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: February 06, 2011, 12:45:11 pm »

This is one of the few Dalek stories that I really LOVE! The Daleks are genuinly threatening throughout and story concept is brilliant. The fact that two significant characters are killed off is a brilliant thing that I think lacks from modern DW. These days it seems no matter how much peril people are in, you pretty much know the main guys will survive, and even if they don't, they eventually will (Jack & Rory for example). Katerina, after only being in one previous story gets bumped which I think at the time you just wouldn't have seen coming. And then they go for the double wammy and kill off Sara too. Brilliant!

It could have been shorter, but they don't waste loads of story time with filler bits like they do in a lot of the old stories. As Chris said, ten episodes would have been perfect. 3 months of watching one story must have been quite a risk back then but I think it paid off. Its just a shame so much of it is missing.
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: