The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 08:52:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Series 6 Story Arc

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Series 6 Story Arc  (Read 765 times)
The Pandorica Master
Easily Exterminated
Favourite Doctor: Tenth Doctor
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams

"You shall bring forth...Sssilence!"

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 03:40:05 pm »

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my comment. Smiley

By VOTD, I was meaning that Amelia [as an 8 y/o from the 90's] could NEVER have known what happened in 2008. Even if Amy seen it, Amelia couldn't as I'm trying to say that Amy is 'not real'.
Report Spam   Logged

Peri
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: David Tennant
Favourite Companion: Sarah Jane, Donna Noble and Rose Tyler

it's a ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff

View Profile
Multiple Badge Holder Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 05:07:04 am »

Not sure if this is the right place or not, if it isn't plz just delete the post and ignore it, but I thought it was the most appropiate place...
I've had this silly theory that this year’s arc was going to be about Rory, and how he might be a Time Lord of some kind. Then I pulled myself out of that string of thought because Rory simply cannot be a Time Lord, we’ve got enough evidence about that. But then I thought of the FOB WATCH! He could very well be a Time Lord with some kind of horcrux, lol. So then I started thinking and rethinking, and someone posted this video of the Tenth Doctor in that episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDrsHG0MmZg&feature=player_embedded

And I was like: Did he really mention Rory?

OMG! And then he says: “I don’t know if anyone remembers the Housemartins, but the best gig I ever went to was at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Center in about December, it must have been, 1990, and the Housemartins were playing, and it was quite simply the best gig I’d ever been to.”

Coincedence much? Rory is being mentioned, and then his badge says it was issued in Nov 30th, 1990. NOVEMBER! 30th! LAST DAY of November, what comes after NOVEMBER?

And I know Moffat said he didn’t really realise about that, but always remember: Plus, another point: Tenth mentions this Rory person in point six, I mean… POINT SIX! What season are we in right now? Errr… Yep, you guessed! Series SIX

I know it might be my stupid brain trying to make sense of everything, but still…

And now to the red balloons, they are everywhere! So, thanks to them, I'm absolutely sure now that this season's arc is related to "Human Nature"/"Family of Blood", "The Pandorica Opens"/"The Big Bang" and I'm pretty sure I've seen them somewhere else too, just can't remember where exactly, but I will find them, and update this post.

Earlier I mentioned a deleted scene from "Human Nature" where the Doctor mentions a person called Rory (I'm asuming it was just David Tennant improvising, and the Rory he is mentioning is, in fact, Rory Taylor, one of the two directors od photography during the Russel T. era. However, the Moff might have taken advantage of such scene)

We also know we need to look out for red balloons (I'm not sure where I read it) So, I went back to my amazing DVD box set and started watching the above said episodes. And guess what I found! Yep, red ballons! Plus one of the characters is called Jenny (just like our lil friend ganger!)

Then, I remembered seeing more red balloonies! Where? In "The Big Bang" (I've got screenies, but I don't know how to upload them here... SCREENIES ADDED

And then of course, they appear in "The Almost People"

So, that's that. I'm absolutely sure the balloons connects these stories.

Then I thought the girl from "Human Nature" was very much like the girl in "Day of the Moon" so I went and screenied again. They are definitely not the same actress, but they are quite alike, aren't they?

And then, another little detail that a friend pointed out. The Doctor!ganger calls himself John Smith... I know, it's the average Brit J. Doe, but still, what's the Doctor's name in "Human Nature" and "Family of Blood"? Isn't it John Smith? I know the Doctor always uses that alias, but still, could it be a clue to tell us where to look?

Plus, Moffat said no one had guessed already, and River being Amy's daughter, OR the regenarating girl, is like quite the obvious choice. And we've been twisting our brains to fill the holes in all of our theoires!!!

Where am I right now? I'm not quite sure, but, what I'm definitely postive about, is that these two-parters are linked somehow AND that Rory is more than just the nurse/the roman/the Whovian version of Kenny... I'm just glad Saturday is coming soon, my head will get to rest for a bit... I mean, at least as who's River, right? I also know, Moffat is very cruel, and is gonna give us a mofo cliffhanger for us to theorise about for what? 3 months? GAH!

Oh! And one more thing! In "Human Nature", Son of Mine, says: "I'm just waiting for Silence!" Of course, in that scene, he's asking the dancing mob to keep quiet, but... Just some food for thought! Hope you enjoy all my theorising, my brain aches... BAD.
Report Spam   Logged

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 10:17:14 am »

upload screenies to a site like photobucket and then use img html Smiley

I'm running late otherwise I'd comment properly Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 01:08:26 pm »

Ooh I'm liking that Peri!  Smiley Could definitely be something there!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 01:13:31 pm »

There are some cool links there for sure. I wouldn't pay no heed to the John Smith stuff though. That goes back years and years and its just a name the Doctor always uses
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Peri
Hatchling

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 03:59:56 pm »

upload screenies to a site like photobucket and then use img html Smiley

I'm running late otherwise I'd comment properly Smiley
Thanks! Uploaded them!
Report Spam   Logged

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 04:17:43 pm »

There's a red balloon in the series trailer too

[spoiler] held by a clown on a bed Smiley

[/spoiler]
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 11:41:01 pm »

I never would have noticed the balloon thing if not for this.  Very interesting!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2011, 01:11:51 am »

This is the benefit of putting the hive mind to work Smiley Some nice thinking there Peri Smiley

First things first, I agree with Doc, John Smith is an 'everyman' name that he first used in Spearhead from Space and keeps cropping up throughout Who history.

More significant is the Red Balloons - I never noticed the Red Balloons before. It might be nothing, it might be an old directors trick or something because red balloons look best on TV so they always used them... but you never know, it is certainly something I would never have thought of! It has a nice 'Bad Wolf' feel to it as well Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

2cajuman2
Faithful Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2011, 01:26:59 am »

I thought some fan site/spoiler free hints told us to look out for the balloons which is why they've been pushed in to the limelight?

*shrugs* I've stopped looking for the mo
Report Spam   Logged

??Cheeses + rising!
Peri
Hatchling

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 03:25:42 am »

This is the benefit of putting the hive mind to work Smiley Some nice thinking there Peri Smiley

First things first, I agree with Doc, John Smith is an 'everyman' name that he first used in Spearhead from Space and keeps cropping up throughout Who history.

More significant is the Red Balloons - I never noticed the Red Balloons before. It might be nothing, it might be an old directors trick or something because red balloons look best on TV so they always used them... but you never know, it is certainly something I would never have thought of! It has a nice 'Bad Wolf' feel to it as well Smiley
Yeah, the John Smith thingie is quite lame, but it can still be a hint... I'm not sure how much the Doctor has used his alias since the 2005 reboot, I should prolly check. I suppose "Smith and Jones" is a no brainer. And I think he uses it in "School Reunion" Time to look for red balloons there... "School Reunion" reminds me of Sarah Jane's Adventures... and I think there are red ballons in the Clown episode... should check.
And as for the balloons... At first I thought exactly that, they look cool on TV. But IDK, since the trailer, I've got this "Bad Wolf" feeling as you called it related to the balloons, and when I saw it in tAP, it got me thinking, did some digging, and read the thing that said "Watch out for the ballons" So, started putting all my theories together and the fact that I absolutely hope that Rory is the arc, that he is a Time Lord with a fob watch or something, definitely pointed me to Human Nature...
Report Spam   Logged

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2011, 04:01:14 pm »

The balloon thing is certainly intriguing - I'll have to look into the various links before I comment.

On "John Smith", it's actually first used in The Wheel in Space.  When the Doctor's unconscious in the sick-bay, they ask Jamie what his name is.  Jamie looks around, sees the manufacturer's name on a piece of medical equipment and says John Smith.  Presumably the Doctor remembers being called that when he needs a name in SFS.

Actually, the name (unconnected with the Doctor) appears in the very first episode.  On Susan's first appearance, she's listening to the radio and says the record that's playing is by "John Smith and the Common Men."
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: