The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 11:59:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Poll: Rate & Review The Almost People

Poll
Question: Rate...
5/5 - Absolutely amazing - 14 (63.6%)
4/5 - Near perfect - 5 (22.7%)
3/5 - Not bad, not great - 2 (9.1%)
2/5 - Not impressed - 1 (4.5%)
1/5 - Shockingly bad - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Rate & Review The Almost People  (Read 457 times)
DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2011, 03:12:01 am »

I only just remembered that the Americans don't get to watch this until next week. That sucks! Let's hope they don't all get spoiled 

Yeah well, some of us don't let that stop us...   Evil

I really wasn't looking forward to this episode, but I liked it a bit more than last week's so ... 3.  I found myself watching the clock (again) half way through, so turned it off and came back later to finish watching. 

I agree that this could easily have been a one parter.

Did anyone else notice the gaffe with the sonic?  The Doctor tossed it to his double, who then left to go look for Rory (I think), but was knocked out.  But back inside the first Doctor whipped out his sonic.  Continuity - what's that??  And just when did they have time to swap shoes?  I don't know if it was just me not paying close attention, but I had a hard time hearing a lot of the dialog.

Some other things that made me go  Roll Eyes :  It seemed like they all just waited around for the Jenny-thing to catch them.  They all had plenty of time to get into the TARDIS.  And how convenient - the door doesn't lock, and what, all of a sudden the sonic can't bolt the door?  The balloon and the blood clot cure in a vial were totally hokey.  "Oh look, I keep a red balloon handy, and oh, here's your miracle cure right here next to the red balloon".  Which makes the fact that he couldn't save a supposedly drowning Rory a couple of weeks ago stand out even more starkly.

Dissolving the Amy ganger seemed to me a dumb idea - that was his only link to where the real Amy might be.  With that gone, how would he even know where to start looking for her?

The best part was the surprise ending. I'm looking forward to next week's at any rate, at least it's Moffat-written so it has to be better.
Report Spam   Logged
Hyacathusarillistad
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Third or Eleventh
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant or Amy Pond

Extant Time Lord

View Profile
Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2011, 03:34:05 am »

Some other things that made me go  Roll Eyes :  It seemed like they all just waited around for the Jenny-thing to catch them.  They all had plenty of time to get into the TARDIS.
Except the TARDIS was half buried for most of the episode, remember? Hard to dig through six plus feet of acid-soaked dirt to open the TARDIS door, if you ask me. Tongue

And how convenient - the door doesn't lock, and what, all of a sudden the sonic can't bolt the door?
I personally assumed it was because the door physically didn't have a lock - bolt or otherwise - as opposed to the lock being jammed and just needing a sonic-ing.

The balloon and the blood clot cure in a vial were totally hokey.  "Oh look, I keep a red balloon handy, and oh, here's your miracle cure right here next to the red balloon".  Which makes the fact that he couldn't save a supposedly drowning Rory a couple of weeks ago stand out even more starkly.
The clot cure I'll concede, but the balloon isn't that much of a stretch for this Doctor, I don't think. I mean, the Doctor has carried some pretty random things in his pockets over the years. And balloons? Very Eleven.

Dissolving the Amy ganger seemed to me a dumb idea - that was his only link to where the real Amy might be.  With that gone, how would he even know where to start looking for her?
Maybe he wanted the real Amy to be properly conscious for childbirth?
Report Spam   Logged

Torchwood Five

Episode I - The Brainstem Murders
Episode II - Vanishing Act
Episode III - Side Effects
Episode IV - The Villieneuve Incident
Episode V - Ritardando
Episode VI - Body Count
DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2011, 07:03:10 pm »

Some other things that made me go  Roll Eyes :  It seemed like they all just waited around for the Jenny-thing to catch them.  They all had plenty of time to get into the TARDIS.
Except the TARDIS was half buried for most of the episode, remember? Hard to dig through six plus feet of acid-soaked dirt to open the TARDIS door, if you ask me. Tongue 

No, I meant once the TARDIS had fallen through and they were all just standing there trying to figure out how to keep the Jenny-thing out.  They all could have made it to the TARDIS easily.

And how convenient - the door doesn't lock, and what, all of a sudden the sonic can't bolt the door?
I personally assumed it was because the door physically didn't have a lock - bolt or otherwise - as opposed to the lock being jammed and just needing a sonic-ing. 

There was a touch-pad number lock on that door.  Should have been a no-brainer for the sonic!

The balloon and the blood clot cure in a vial were totally hokey.  "Oh look, I keep a red balloon handy, and oh, here's your miracle cure right here next to the red balloon".  Which makes the fact that he couldn't save a supposedly drowning Rory a couple of weeks ago stand out even more starkly.
The clot cure I'll concede, but the balloon isn't that much of a stretch for this Doctor, I don't think. I mean, the Doctor has carried some pretty random things in his pockets over the years. And balloons? Very Eleven. 

But the balloon wasn't in his pocket, it was on the console next to Amy. 

Maybe he wanted the real Amy to be properly conscious for childbirth?

Trust me, that's not very nice of him (been there, done that).  Tongue  As far as Amy's concerned she's been with Rory and the Doctor, and now she wakes up about to give birth, no clue where she is...  that's rather cruel actually.  That ganger was her only link to them as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Slfriend79
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: The 4th
Favourite Companion: Sarah Jane Smith

View Profile WWW
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2011, 03:16:33 am »

Finally got to see it Smiley...It was OK, I gave it a 3. Undecided

I'm staying away from the 'A Good Man Goes To War' thread until next week, the promo for it looked great. Afro
Report Spam   Logged

"It may be irrational of me, but human beings are quite my favorite species."- Tom Baker As 'Doctor Who'
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: