The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 08:42:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Adventure Games News & Updates

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Adventure Games News & Updates  (Read 1093 times)
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 08:11:28 am »

Ooh! That is a good point! Yeah I'm sure it came out in May! Haven't heard anything about a new one though Sad not sure if anyone else knows?
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 09:10:10 pm »

I think, thought I would have to do some digging to be sure, that the first one came out in June last year, but of course there is no guarantee that they will follow the same pattern anyway. We might get two during the split and then two after or something to that effect
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 11:47:03 pm »

There is nothing official yet, but I would assume that the first one will be released towards the end of May or early June. There are whispers of a teaser similar to last years, coming after episode 1 on Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 01:45:02 pm »

Ooh that would be cool. They have been pretty quiet about the whole thing since the announcement of a second series of games. Last year they didnt shut up about it, but this year you wouldnt even know there was any more being planned
Report Spam   Logged

awkward91
Tin Dog
Favourite Companion: Amy

View Profile
Poll Voter Level 3 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 04:30:38 pm »

Well, they didn't shut up about it once they announced it, and they didn't announce it until the series had started broadcasting. My guess would be two during the break (remember the first installment came out with episode 10 last year), one around/at the series finale and the last around christmas.
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes impossible things happen and we call them miracles...
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 07:53:29 pm »

I just had to redownload the games today because my system got wiped this week so I have to start all over again Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 09:06:48 pm »

I just had to redownload the games today because my system got wiped this week so I have to start all over again Sad

oh no!  Sad I had to do that once before... refused to complete the third one again (the TARDIS one) because it was soooo shocking!  Angry
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2011, 09:08:35 pm »

The third one is shockingly bad!
Report Spam   Logged

Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2011, 01:51:05 pm »

The third one really is awful!

I read today that the new games will be out 'towards the end of series 6'. Im gussing that will be around October time
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Tardis-Console
Timelord

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2011, 02:32:38 pm »

October? Seriously? Why such a long wait? It would make more sense to release at least one during the gap, surely?
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2011, 02:38:58 pm »

Would make sense to me - keep DW in everyone's minds while it's off air.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Tardis-Console
Timelord

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2011, 02:45:16 pm »

Exactly. I know we have TW coming up, but theres nothing DW to bridge the gap, and one of the games would have done nicely!
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2011, 12:13:18 am »

Might be another couple of months yet until the first new game is released as they have only been recording the script for it this week. No word on anyone other than Matt recording though
Report Spam   Logged

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2011, 09:46:04 pm »

From the BBC site:

"Matt arrives! Handshakes and hugs, then he sits down with Gary and they start quietly going through the script together. During a short break Matt checks out the artwork for the Adventure Game. The scale of this one is more impressive than the first four and even the artwork hints at this. 'It's beautiful,' Matt comments, looking at some gorgeous images of locations and characters that will feature in the Game. 'And those costumes... just beautiful.'

Matt and Gary have a quick read through of the script together with Gary playing every role other than the Doctor. Then it's straight into the recording. It's the first time one or two of us have attended a session like this and it's fascinating to watch Matt and Gary bounce ideas of each other, discussing options and notions for how a line could be delivered. Matt's able to take a piece of dialogue and literally give it half a dozen spins, pinging different words, experimenting and sometimes laughing out loud at the audacity of the plotline. But it's astonishing to see how he can take the most casual line and make it interesting and so much more than it appears on the page.

It's also amazing to see how the amiable Matt Smith can 'switch', and even sans bow tie and tweed jacket, become the Doctor. From the quiet nuances to the moments of rage, as the fifth Doctor Who Adventure Game is being brought to life, there's no actor in the recording booth. Only the last of the Time Lords. An ancient traveller who is battling against incredible monsters to save our planet. And then...

Then there's a break and Matt jabs a finger at the script and repeats a line with relish. 'Brilliant!' he announces with a grin. 'Only in Doctor Who could you get a line as brilliant as that! I love it!'

After several intensive but enjoyable hours, the first recording session is finished. After the final line of the day is delivered there's a spontaneous round of applause. Anwen is smiling. 'Perfect!' she says. Now, Anwen has been to a lot of these voice recordings and she only says 'perfect' if something is, well, perfect. It's a very good sign!"
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 04:22:32 pm »

The Beeb have posted some info about the next Adventure Game:

The new Adventure Game will be released October, 2011 and is called The Gunpowder Plot.

It's the most ambitious Adventure Game to date and stars Matt Smith as the Doctor, Karen Gillan as Amy and for the first time, Arthur Darvill as Rory Williams. This new, dazzlingly epic story gives you the chance to battle aliens in London, 1605. But as well as extra-terrestrial monsters, you'll meet Guy Fawkes and really get a feel for what was happening at this incendiary moment in Britain's history. It's your chance to virtually step back in time, chat to famous figures and participate in one of the most notorious plots the world has ever known.

We're delighted to say that The Gunpowder Plot also sees the return of two old enemies... more about them soon! Right now we can confirm that this, the fifth Adventure Game, was written by Phil Ford (Doctor Who: The Adventure Games, The Sarah Jane Adventures and co-writer of The Waters of Mars) and produced by Gary Russell. The executive producers are Steven Moffat, Piers Wenger, Beth Willis, Anwen Aspden and Charles Cecil.

The Gunpowder Plot will be the most advanced of the Adventure Games so far. Gamers will be able to play as the Doctor, Amy and Rory, exploring the immersive environments of this historic period. The adventure will feature multi-linear gameplay, even more sophisticated puzzles, and a complex lighting system specifically designed to recreate the atmosphere of 17th Century London. And for the very first time, the introduction of portal technology will enable gamers to experience for themselves that the TARDIS really is bigger on the inside...

Full story HERE

Sounds interesting to me. What do you think?
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2011, 11:14:43 am »

Ooooh I'm excited now! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2011, 11:13:11 am »

This is apparantly to be release on October 13th
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2011, 10:24:49 pm »

Nice that it's being released around the end of the series. Can't help feeling though that, with this particular theme, November 5th would be more appropriate  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2011, 11:21:57 am »

That's a good point actually. I forgot it was set then. I just want it to hurry up and come now. It feels like forever since the last one.
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2011, 11:56:49 am »

More info on the new game:

Doctor Who - The Gunpowder Plot is released in October and for the last couple of weeks, some of the UK's best known actors have been recording their lines for what will be the biggest Adventure Game to date.

Matt Smith and Arthur Darvill have already been in the booths and the incredible supporting cast have also completed the majority of their lines.

We're delighted to announce that one of those cast members is none other than the legend himself, Phil Daniels, star of the cult classic, Quadrophenia and more recently Eastenders, Misfits and Rock & Chips.

As he came out of the recording session, Phil told us, 'It was great to do! You get to go through the gunpowder plot in various ways...' He pauses, not wanting to reveal too much. 'It's really interesting... It'll be fantastic!'

Full story on the BBC Doctor Who site.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: