The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 19, 2024, 10:59:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Walking Dead

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 2601 times)
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2013, 07:42:10 pm »

I just saw the trailer today for the second half of the season. It looks really good.
Report Spam   Logged
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2013, 12:24:00 pm »

I just saw the trailer today for the second half of the season. It looks really good.

They've released a load lately. Another one came out about two days ago. They are promoting the hell out of it. I can't wait!!
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 2500 Posts Super Poster 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2013, 06:56:48 pm »

S3 returned this week with record breaking figures! That's crazy good.

However, I didn't think it was the strongest episode. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mindframe when I watched it. Ghost Lori was pretty freaky though Afro
Report Spam   Logged

TV Addict|Lost|Grey's Anatomy|Parks & Rec|Game of Thrones|Community|Cougar Town|Doctor Who|Member of the Month Nov 2011
Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2013, 09:04:04 pm »

I have to say, I haven't been so keen on the second half of this season. But this latest episode was awesome. It was great to have some more dialogue from Michonne, and she proved excellent comedy value. It also made me realise that I don't really like the Governor or Woodbury. Hopefully that storyline gets concluded in the finale and doesn't drag through to next season (although I'm sure it won't!). It was so nice to have an episode not there.

It was very minimalistic, and I thought it was great.
Report Spam   Logged

TV Addict|Lost|Grey's Anatomy|Parks & Rec|Game of Thrones|Community|Cougar Town|Doctor Who|Member of the Month Nov 2011
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2013, 12:05:47 pm »

The second half of the season was good, but I think some of the changes from the comics were a change too far. I like that they diverge because it keeps me on my toes and I'm not always certain what happens next, but they watered down the Governer to the point where he was like a Disney villain instead of the insane psychopath of the comics. Michonne was badass, but nowhere near as badass as the books. Tyrese came in and they treated him like an extra, but he is a very important main character in the comics so I hope that gets sorted for the next series. The stuff between Michonne and the Governer was heavily changed, which I do sort of understand, but it makes their intense hatred of each other make a lot less sense. And as for that death in the final episode! Not happy with that at all!
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2013, 09:22:15 pm »

I agree about the watering down, but I still think they were great characters. And with the Governer coming back they might still cover some of the comic stuff. The new showrunner says he wants to be more faithful to them so perhaps we will see more of the stuff they've missed out on too.
Report Spam   Logged

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2013, 03:04:31 pm »

I can't say I'm thrilled with the Governor returning for another season! I wasn't a fan of the character so I'm sad to see next season will be focussed on him again.

And I know a lot of people hated the-one-who-died-in-the-final, but I quite liked her and was sad to see her go.
Report Spam   Logged

Sparky
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: Nine
Favourite Companion: Rose

View Profile
100 Posts 50 Posts Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2013, 01:23:49 pm »

I can't say I'm thrilled with the Governor returning for another season! I wasn't a fan of the character so I'm sad to see next season will be focussed on him again.

And I know a lot of people hated the-one-who-died-in-the-final, but I quite liked her and was sad to see her go.

I've read that he will only be in the first half of the season up until the split. Don't know if it's true but if it is it might make it more bearable for you.
Report Spam   Logged
Mr Chinn
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: McCoy and Smith
Favourite Companion: Jo, Romana I, Ace & Donna

View Profile
500 Posts Signature Level 4
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2013, 10:13:27 am »

I couldn't believe she died. She did my head in a bit in S3 by being so blind and stupid but overall I really liked the character.
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2013, 08:37:55 am »

I couldn't believe she died. She did my head in a bit in S3 by being so blind and stupid but overall I really liked the character.

From what I have read in interviews, it was a last minute decision. It looks like they filmed the ending which was similar but with her surviving and then after they wrapped up they decided it wasn't working, so called them back for reshoots and killed her off instead. Way to lose your job!
Report Spam   Logged

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2013, 11:29:23 am »

From what I have read in interviews, it was a last minute decision. It looks like they filmed the ending which was similar but with her surviving and then after they wrapped up they decided it wasn't working, so called them back for reshoots and killed her off instead. Way to lose your job!

Ooh ouch, really? I hadn't heard that! That really sucks
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2013, 08:57:05 am »

I read that a while ago on Daily Dead. They had an interview with her and she didn't seemed too impressed about it all. I think they shouldn't have done it, personally.
Report Spam   Logged

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2013, 01:46:22 pm »

Me too.

She was annoying with the governor, but overall a strong female character which the show quite needed. Lori was an awful whiner, and although Carol has become stronger she isn't '****'. Michonne is good, but very different. Maybe now she'll have more time to shine.
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2013, 01:52:43 pm »

What got censored? Huh?

Carol might have a degree of safety with her character now that she is the only female left from the beginning. I like her a lot and I'm glad she is getting more prominance, especially given how awful she is in the comics. Honestly, if you don't read the comics, read her character bio on wiki for the comic. She really is terrible.
Report Spam   Logged

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2013, 01:58:02 pm »

Oh, hard*core haha. Good old censor Wink

I did get a little way into the comics, but then didn't go back to them for a while. No time I guess. I'd like to read them though and see the different stories. I hear Andrea was a lot better.
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2013, 02:04:50 pm »

If you don't mind comic spoilers (the show has diverged so much I don't think it will affect your viewing) then I can breifly fill you in on both.

Andrea is better in the comics in some regards, but in others I prefer her in the show. I'd find it hard to choose between the two, to be honest. The bare bones of the character is there but ultimately they are very different people, despite being the same
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2013, 08:55:06 am »

They announced a spinoff yesterday that will be set elsewhere with a different group of survivors and not follow the comics. I can't wait. There's been rumours that it will be set in the UK but I don't see it personally. Will probably end up in New York or somewhere random in the US.
Report Spam   Logged

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2013, 02:47:11 pm »

I'm looking forward to it! So excited to see what the writers will do with fresh characters. And I love that this is a world you can easily have a spin-off of.
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2016, 12:35:14 pm »

I didn't get past the first episode of the spinoff, and I wasn't really paying much mind to that. I need to sit and do it properly.

I still very much love the main show but it's lacking something at the moment. Even with more recent episodes seeming to up the violence and horror, it seems to have lost it's element of threat. They need to bring that back a bit I think.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: