Can only a British actor cut it?

(1/5) > >>

MandyDuchovney:
The debate on whether the doctor can/should be played by anyone other than a British actor begins here. Both Superman/Spiderman are about to be played by Brits. Batman- in the form of english actor Christian Bale - is already in situ.

How open/closed is everyone to the trend being reversed with our favourite doctor?

poprockgeek:
I always think it should be the best person for the job irrespective of where they come from. My only stipulation would be that they should probably should have a British accent down though, after all Brits may be playing those roles but they do it with an American accent & to me Doctor Who is a very British show.

Still who knows the time may come ...  :)

chrissymarieb:
I agree with poprockgeek.  If it's an American actor, they better nail the accent.  Otherwise, I have no problem with it.

2cajuman2:
Ye, as long as they sound British it would probably be fine.... Though, I think it would be nicer to have British actors, it is skill you look for so why not.....

Nyki:
I'm with the concensus - I wouldn't want the Doctor to become an American character, but I prefer to have the right actor, rather than an actor from the right country.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page