The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 04:17:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Gaming

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gaming  (Read 567 times)
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« on: February 19, 2011, 01:59:30 pm »

Any gamers hang around here?

I'm not normally a big fan of computer games on the whole. I enjoy them but don't go out of my way for them. That said though, once I start one I get hooked and cant stop until I have completed it. I have a load of consoles and really should play more.

Anyway, recently I decided to start playing the Kingdom Hearts games. I'm near the end of the first one at the moment and it's really cool. I also dabble in WOW every now and again though I am not as **** about it as some people. I also really love city building games and Tycoon games.

So, what do you play? What platforms do you use etc?
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 02:24:47 pm »

Kingdom Hearts is awesome. I have only played 1 and 2 for the PS2 but I have heard the ones on other platforms are even better.

Sims is ridiculously addictive so I try not to play that too often but I do love it. Mario games are always great too. I gave WOW a try but couldnt really get into it
Report Spam   Logged

Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 07:56:05 pm »

I'm not huge with computer games but I used to be addicted to online solitaire. I used to love Mario games and I quite liked the first few Tomb Raider games but don't really get much time for gaming these days
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 06:01:49 pm »

Does Angry Birds count? That games taken half my life away Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 06:12:04 pm »

Argh games....

Was totally obsessed with the Sims 3 on the PC... still would be if it didn't keep making the PC crash now! Also the Mazes of Time on my iPod which I only just found! Erm... Got a Nintendo Wii, which I use to play the singing games (mainly with friends) and Endless Ocean- sounds boring but is actually pretty fun if fish and ocean life interest you!

Think that's about it!
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 10:08:14 pm »

In all honesty, I was a tad surprised there wasn't a gaming sub section in The Leisure Hive (note to self, ask Doc for one!  Wink)

I'm an avid gamer on PC (when my pc isn't pish, so not much lately!), Xbox 360 & PS3.
Gamertag/PSN Name is, naturally, the same as my name here if anyone else plays.

I'm currently hooked on DC Universe Online, on the EU Justice For All server if anyone else plays (wishful thinking!).
Loving this game, especially the voice cast they have!

On Xbox it's a Kinect fest for now, until Crysis 2 hits next week. Also love NBA 2K11.

Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 11:18:26 pm »

I have a Wii & a DS and I tend to go through phases where I either play all the time or not at all.

Last game I devoted time to was Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Pt 1 on my DS - it's complete in terms of game play though I have collectibles to go back & collect. The miracle is that my DS is still intact because the sheer speed & length of time I had to spend tapping/hitting the touch screen to get past first Nagini then the Horcrux was ridiculous - & it made my arm sore. I beg of EA games to think about this strategy for Pt 2  Undecided

My fave games are the LEGO ones so I'm very pleased to see at least 2 more coming out this year  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Seren_y_Gogledd
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
Level 3 Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 12:39:09 am »

I've mostly been playing Final Fantasy XIII recently, occasionally taking a break to play Eternal Sonata, and I recently finished Portal.

I'm also a big fan of the Kingdom Hearts series, II is my favourite so far with Birth by Sleep a close second.
Report Spam   Logged

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron, Final Fantasy X
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 10:21:47 am »

I've only ever played the first Kingdom Hearts, but on the whole I really enjoyed it. Some bits were a bit tedious though. I'm not all that big on games, but I have recently become readdicted to Sims. I'm tempted to get Medieval, but I am not hearing great things from people who have it
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

missadric2
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Peter Davison
Favourite Companion: Adric/ Amy Pond

Imagination is the key to Everything

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 3
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 11:05:27 am »

I like playing old games like the classic spyro, crash bandicoot, etc on PS2 but I like playing on the wii and my DSlite on pokemon and I also like playing on the sims 3 oh and old games on the PC like the old lion king game and goosebumps haha
Report Spam   Logged

'An apple a day keeps the.....oh never mind!' - fifth Doctor

The 5th Doctor will always have a special place in my heart and will always be MY Doctor

thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 02:28:46 pm »

Hmmm....I've been addicted to Crysis 2 since Friday.
Tremendous game in every way.
Report Spam   Logged

Seren_y_Gogledd
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
Level 3 Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 08:22:38 pm »

PS2 games are being called old. I feel ancient for having owned an Atari 2600.

Also in my previous post I forgot to mention Dissidia, which I've played a lot of lately. My favourite character to play as is Firion (and not just because I love his voice!).
Report Spam   Logged

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron, Final Fantasy X
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 02:26:54 pm »

Have you all seen the new Lara Croft design? I'm not keen

Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 11:38:45 pm »

I don't like it. She looks nothing like the original. Even with updated graphics they could have been more truthful to the character.

Anyway, I came in here to say that I got Sims 3 last week and within 4 days I sold it. There were elements of it that were great but on the whole it was pretty awful. The graphics weren't as good as they could have been, the time (day to day) went really slowly and when the sims went to work or to the store, you had to wait outside for ages and ages. The time didnt go faster like in the previous games and you couldnt see inside those buildings, so you had to just sit around and wait with nothing to do. Also, lots of elements from the previous games that were there as standard have been removed so now you have to buy them at the sims online store or hope they are released on the expension packs, which you also have to pay for. Sims 2 is FAR superior and much more enjoyable.

I paid £17 for it and sold it for 9, which sucks considering I had it less than a week, but I got a new PS3 game which is awesome, so its not such a loss
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 05:38:31 pm »

Anyway, I came in here to say that I got Sims 3 last week and within 4 days I sold it. There were elements of it that were great but on the whole it was pretty awful. The graphics weren't as good as they could have been, the time (day to day) went really slowly and when the sims went to work or to the store, you had to wait outside for ages and ages. The time didnt go faster like in the previous games and you couldnt see inside those buildings, so you had to just sit around and wait with nothing to do. Also, lots of elements from the previous games that were there as standard have been removed so now you have to buy them at the sims online store or hope they are released on the expension packs, which you also have to pay for. Sims 2 is FAR superior and much more enjoyable.

Ok, you can't go inside some buildings but you definitely can speed time up! On Sims and Sims 2 you could only speed it up by 3x but on Sims 3 you can speed it up by 4x!!!!!  Shocked

Sims 3 was great, but it kept crashing my display driver and graphics card on the computer, so can hardly play it, if I do it'll only be for about 10-15 minutes before the whole computer shuts itself donw!  Angry
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 2500 Posts Super Poster 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 07:51:53 pm »

Anyone play a game called Minecraft? It's awesome, and is only limited by your imagination.
Report Spam   Logged

TV Addict|Lost|Grey's Anatomy|Parks & Rec|Game of Thrones|Community|Cougar Town|Doctor Who|Member of the Month Nov 2011
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 09:25:33 am »

Anyone play a game called Minecraft? It's awesome, and is only limited by your imagination.

Right, I need to google this. Seems everyone is starting to talk about it!

I actually have a guilty confession.
I re-subbed to Star Wars Galaxies.
Yep, after nearly 6 years, I went back..and I'm having a ball! Maybe it's just as I'm so jaded with the whole Warcraft/Rift malarky, but it's a great bit of fun.
Report Spam   Logged

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 2500 Posts Super Poster 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 12:08:30 am »

Right, I need to google this. Seems everyone is starting to talk about it!

It's wicked fun. And in beta so cheap.
Report Spam   Logged

TV Addict|Lost|Grey's Anatomy|Parks & Rec|Game of Thrones|Community|Cougar Town|Doctor Who|Member of the Month Nov 2011
Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 11:20:48 am »

Ok, you can't go inside some buildings but you definitely can speed time up! On Sims and Sims 2 you could only speed it up by 3x but on Sims 3 you can speed it up by 4x!!!!!  Shocked

Sims 3 was great, but it kept crashing my display driver and graphics card on the computer, so can hardly play it, if I do it'll only be for about 10-15 minutes before the whole computer shuts itself donw!  Angry

I found with Sims 3 that even on the fastest setting, it still ran really slow. My favourite is still Sims 2, but I rarely play these days. Sims Castaway on the Wii is pretty good as well
Report Spam   Logged

Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 01:09:30 pm »

I've decided the fastest way to pass the time until 6pm is to play the wii, so I am replaying Mario Galaxy 2
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: