The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 18, 2024, 03:12:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

General Spoilery Discussion (now S6 only) Part 2

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General Spoilery Discussion (now S6 only) Part 2  (Read 9803 times)
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 11:16:16 am »

They won't be Mondas Cybers I'm afraid. Not as we know them anyway. From what I can gather the only difference will be that they done have the 'C' on their chests. Otherwise they will look pretty much the same. They also won't speak and won't be saying 'Delete' any more.

Not Mondas?  Cry Won't speak?  Shocked How can they not speak?  Huh?

That implies they're merely drones and under the control of someone/thing else surely? Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 11:38:38 am »

I've just read some chatter on twitter that refers to Alex Kingston being seen in Cardiff - people seem to think this may mean River is in episodes 12/13. I can't find anything to support such conjecture but thought I'd post it anyway. Could be something or nothing Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 11:57:07 am »

She is due back for filming but they are double banking 10 and 12 at the moment, so assuming she is doing more than one I think its most likely 8 and 13. Didnt expect her to be filming for about 2 weeks yet though
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 03:27:09 pm »

As best I can tell she's only been SEEN in Cardiff. That doesn't necessarily mean she's involved in filming. Perhaps she has studio stuff to finish?
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 04:34:24 pm »

Apparently it has been reported by 'someone' on the set  that the Doctor is working in a store and that he has his own name badge. However they don't say if that badge says "Doctor" or "John Smith"

It has also been reported that the conclusion of episode 7 will see the Cybermen trapping the Doctor and then escaping with him. Apparently they put the Doctor on ice quite literally by freezing him in a block. Episode 8 then takes place sometime after events of episode 7 with River Amy and Rory trying to find and free the Doctor.

To date none of the above has been confirmed so just rumour at the mo.

Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 04:40:10 pm »

It's OFFICIAL! DOCTOR WHO is back with Series 6 on April 23rd in the UK! Cool BBC 1, BBC 1 HD, BBC iPlayer, BBC America ( abc1 in Australia and Space in Canada yet to confirm )

(Please note this is via DWM - not the BBC )
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 05:23:15 pm »

I was sure I mentioned that earlier. Sorry if I didnt, didnt mean to keep people hanging on.

The shop that Eleven and Craig are visiting in episode 12 is called Sanderson & Grainger, which is interesting because there was a rumour that one of the characters would have a flashback/memory of their childhood in this episode and one of the spoilers in the 'big book...' is '12 years on and Rory is still scared of Granny Grainger' or something to that effect, so perhaps we are going to have an episode that delves more into Rory's backstory?
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 05:28:29 pm »

Apparently it has been reported by 'someone' on the set  that the Doctor is working in a store and that he has his own name badge. However they don't say if that badge says "Doctor" or "John Smith"

It has also been reported that the conclusion of episode 7 will see the Cybermen trapping the Doctor and then escaping with him. Apparently they put the Doctor on ice quite literally by freezing him in a block. Episode 8 then takes place sometime after events of episode 7 with River Amy and Rory trying to find and free the Doctor.

To date none of the above has been confirmed so just rumour at the mo.

I heard that the Doctor would go missing but I didnt know it had anything to do with Cybers. I also heard that we would find out in flashbacks that he actually went missing ages ago and they had been with an imposter for a couple stories. Don't know if thats right though
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 05:30:05 pm »

Also, the Doc posted on his site earlier but I cant see it on here, that episode 7 will either be called 'His Darkest Hour' or 'A Good Man Goes To War' according to DWM. I prefer the latter though as DW titles I don't particularly like either.
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 05:39:40 pm »

Jeez, my mind must be lost today. I'm sure I posted that too. Sorry Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 05:40:12 pm »

No problem Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2011, 06:30:44 pm »

Wow there's been some great updates in here. I cant wait for it to start.

So saying the weekend of 23rd-24th kinda indicates it will be on for a two night launch. Not sure how I feel about it though
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 07:27:02 pm »

Some great news coming through, but I thought that there would have been more from this months DWM. Im expecting next months to be jam packed
Report Spam   Logged
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 09:26:16 pm »

Well that was the date we all expected anyways but its nice to finally have it confirmed
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 10:05:20 pm »

BBC America's promotional poster for the new series - I love this  Smiley

This comes from BBCA's Anglophenia blog which you can see HERE
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 10:09:38 pm »

Awesome find PRG. Im gunna put it on the site Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2011, 10:48:40 am »

I've just put this on the news site, so just copying it straight over...

This months DWM features a whole interview with Toby Whitehouse, writer of episode 11 of series six, 'The God Complex', and as a little teaser to all the fans, their facebook page has been updated to include a brief snippet from the interview which gives a little teaser to the plot....

"Steven Moffat said 'The Doctor and Amy are trapped in a hotel and the geography keeps shifting.' I said, 'Oh yeah?' He said, 'No, that’s literally as far as we've got.'" Toby explains. "So that was the starting point. That one line. A lot of the ideas just fell into place..."

Not a lot to give away, but just enough to get minds racing and the speculators speculating.

As far as themes go, Series 6 seems to have a lot of characters getting lost, trapped or seperated in several episodes, with rumours of Amy and Rory being lost in the halls of the TARDIS, Amy being lost at an orphanage, the whole team being trapped in a giant dollhouse and River and Rory having to find their
Report Spam   Logged

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2011, 02:34:40 pm »

BBC America's promotional poster for the new series - I love this  Smiley

This comes from BBCA's Anglophenia blog which you can see HERE

OH MY GOD!!!!! This just replaced Lily Cole as the sexiest thing about the new series of Doctor Who!!! I'm going to break my 'No big Sig' rule immediately. I was ....there is no other word for it... squeeing immensely on Twitter about this last night. It looks like a film poster. It is just awesome.

*whispers* I would actually prefer this style on the new opening credits...Eeeep!
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 02:59:23 pm »

Chris, I am going to have to go in and centre it for you or it will drive me insane Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 03:06:31 pm »

Chris, I am going to have to go in and centre it for you or it will drive me insane Smiley

Hehehehehehe Smiley Thanks Doc!

Incidentally did I see Lynda 'Nurse Gladys Emmanuel' Baron has been signed up? Wonder if she is going to reprise Captain Wrack from Enlightenment or if she's playing a new character?That would be the most interesting and left-field resurrection of any character in the history of the Whoniverse!

Interesting fact: I had a weird and as yet still unexplained crush on her as Wrack in Enlightenment
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: