The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 18, 2024, 07:05:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

General Spoilery Discussion (now S6 only) Part 2

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General Spoilery Discussion (now S6 only) Part 2  (Read 9804 times)
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2011, 03:08:57 pm »

Oh good. I was hoping she would
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2011, 04:05:44 pm »

I have just seen this so thought I would share it on here. The Silurian that the Doc mentioned last week will be played again by Neve Macintosh.

Her CV: http://www.spotlight.com/interactive/cv/1/f20896
Report Spam   Logged

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2011, 05:55:34 pm »

Good to see Daisy back. Love the titles too!
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2011, 07:52:09 pm »

You go away for a couple of days and then loads of information comes out. Love the titles. And glad that Craigs girlfriend will be back too
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2011, 12:20:07 am »

I'm pasting this over from the site because I can't be arsed writing it all out again Tongue

Various sources around the web are reporting that Episode 7 of series 6 will see the return of Jenny, the Doctor's daughter. If the rumours are correct though, we will be seeing her in her second incarnation.

As far as I am aware the main source for the rumour stems from IMDB, which is probably one of the most unreliable on the web, but the actress in question, Catrin Stewart, is listed there as a character called 'Jenny' and now rumours are rife that it will be the same character originated by Georgia Moffat.

The other explanation of course is that she will be starring and will be playing a character called Jenny, but one that is totally different.

Huge handfuls of salt are needed with this one, but just in case....
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Tardis40
Easily Exterminated
Favourite Doctor: Tom Baker

View Profile
Level 4 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2011, 12:28:13 am »

Probably the wrong board (please relocate) but BBC America sent out emails today saying Series 6 starts 23 April, with the tag line "TRUST YOUR DOCTOR".

T
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: 4th Doctor
It stands to reason. I've never understood that. It sits to reason sounds much more comfortable
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2011, 01:03:54 am »

Saying a character named Jenny is going to be in the show is just asking for  a 1+1 =3 zillion calculation from fandom isn't it? Tongue

How can they possibly resist? Wink

( It appears Catrin Stewart becoming one of Steven Moffet's twitter pals is 'fueling' the rumour that she is indeed The Doctor's Daughter Jenny Huh? )
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2011, 10:43:59 am »

I have been told that there is also a spotlight CV confirming her involvement, but as yet I have been unable to find it
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2011, 10:45:09 am »

Probably the wrong board (please relocate) but BBC America sent out emails today saying Series 6 starts 23 April, with the tag line "TRUST YOUR DOCTOR".

T

They made an anouncement last week. There is some posters on the forum that they released too. You should check them out, they are really cool Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2011, 12:22:07 pm »

Steven Moffat has said in SFX magazine (its in print so I can't link), to describe series 6:

"If last year was a funfair, then this year is the ghost train"

Not a spoiler as such, but a very interesting description of what's to come I thought
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2011, 01:32:20 pm »

Steven Moffat has said in SFX magazine (its in print so I can't link), to describe series 6:

"If last year was a funfair, then this year is the ghost train"

Not a spoiler as such, but a very interesting description of what's to come I thought

From everything we know/have heard about the series that would certainly seem to sum the feel of it
up. Cool Scary WHO is always my favourite Cheesy Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2011, 12:29:33 pm »

Steven Moffat has hinted that there will be two River Songs in the future. When asked on Twitter by a fan after last nights episode if we could now have two River Songs, he replied:

You'll have to wait a bit, but .....

Could be nothing at all knowing Moff, but worth mentioning I thought Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2011, 09:32:44 pm »

Matt Smith has apparantly confirmed himself for series 7.

Don't get me wrong I don't doubt for a second that he will return, but the quote that everyone seems to be referencing, from The Guardian, seems a little ambiguous at best.

“I’m going back this year. I guess I'll get another one out the way, see what everyone thinks of that. I love doing it, I don’t want to give it up anytime soon, put it that way.”

Personally, to me it sounds like he means series 6, but I guess it could be taken either way

Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2011, 09:52:56 pm »

"I guess I'll get another one out the way" Huh? Shocked That doesn't sound good Huh?

Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2011, 01:06:22 pm »

Michael Sheen is doing voiceover work on episode 4 (Gaimans episode) according to THIS SITE

Also, Richard Senior will be directing episodes 8 and 13 in the final block, not Adam Smith as previously thought
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2011, 05:32:50 pm »

I was just going to say that ^^ Neil Gaiman has confirmed it. Narrating the episode maybe? Or voice work for a CGI character?
Report Spam   Logged

thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2011, 11:45:43 am »

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/820800/michael_sheen_joins_doctor_who_series_6.html

Twilight and Tron: Legacy actor Michael Sheen is the latest name to be confirmed for Doctor Who series 6, as he’s set to star in the Neil Gaiman-penned episode of the show…
Published on Mar 22, 2011

There's not much production time left on the sixth series of Doctor Who, as the shoot for the new run comes to an end. But there's still room to sneak in a new guest star announcement.

This time, Michael Sheen is joining the show, and he's set to appear in the episode that's been penned by Neil Gaiman. That's the episode that's currently scheduled for fourth in the series run, and his involvement had been kept under wraps. However, Sheen himself let slip the news during a chat to students at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, and Neil Gaiman has since confirmed it, too.

Gaiman's episode also guest stars Suranne Jones.

It's unclear as of yet exactly where Sheen will fit into the episode, but he joins a guest star roster for the new series that also includes David Walliams, Alex Kingston, Lily Cole and James Corden. And those are just the ones we know about...

no mention there of it being CGI or voiceover, but any Michael Sheen is a great thing. I LOVE his work!
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2011, 02:32:18 pm »

Hmmm...strange that they're being vague about his involvement - storyteller seems favourite but I suppose he could be the voice of an... as yet.. unknown participant Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2011, 03:13:31 pm »

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/820800/michael_sheen_joins_doctor_who_series_6.html

Twilight and Tron: Legacy actor Michael Sheen is the latest name to be confirmed for Doctor Who series 6, as he’s set to star in the Neil Gaiman-penned episode of the show…

Interesting what films he's been in they've decided to single out there - not sure I would've gone with those!  Undecided

That aside, Sheen has been pretty great in everything I've seen him in so I'm very happy with this news no matter what form his role takes.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2011, 04:58:37 pm »

Yeah, you'd think they'd be more interested in playing up his "serious" roles as Blair or whatever - maybe even Underworld (he's awesome in the 3rd one, BTW).

I love the guy's work, so I'm chuffed to bits!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: