The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 06:54:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Sixth Doctor DVD - Vengeance On Varos

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sixth Doctor DVD - Vengeance On Varos  (Read 220 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: March 10, 2011, 01:22:53 pm »

2|Entertain have revealed that due to fan demand, a new special edition rerelease of Vengeance On Varos will be released next year. Dan Hall, who is the commissioning editor said:

"We have been surprised and delighted by the fan campaigns that have championed for a Special Edition release of Vengeance on Varos, and due to the good old fashioned display of fan power that Doctor Who is famous for, 2|Entertain have listened and can confirm a fast commission for the release in 2012."

VOV was originally going to be a part of Revisitations II, but was swapped with The Seeds Of Death for unknown reasons.
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 02:58:48 pm »

Right, I am going to say it right now, WHHHHHYYYYYY - we already have VOV on DVD! Are the team at 2Entertain that desperate for my money? Haven't they had enough of it already? I can just about swallow a special edition box set with 3 special editions that I am paying £25 for. But a single, special edition of VOV. I ask again - why?Huh?

It is a very good story for all that. It has Stephen 'The Handsome Ken Masters' Yardley in it.

But I might not buy it.

Am I alone in being just a little indignant that we have a special edition VOV and still no Terror of the Autons or Mind of Evil?
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 03:01:24 pm »

I thought much the same thing when I found it out, but as much as we whinge, Chris, I know that like me, the potential for new and brilliant bonus materials will make you buy it anyway Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 03:14:40 pm »

I thought much the same thing when I found it out, but as much as we whinge, Chris, I know that like me, the potential for new and brilliant bonus materials will make you buy it anyway Tongue

I think thats why I am so angry. I am sitting here chunttering away like some old fella who has just looked at the price of petrol and yet I know that there will be a bonus commentary by Ken Masters and Phillip Martin and they might do some CGI stuff and throw in an extra documentary...then in a couple of months it will be on Amazon for £7.99 and i'll think "What the hell"

That's how they suck you in! That's why I am so annoyed. Because I know I will buy it. And they know I will buy it.
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 03:20:44 pm »

The way to look at it is to think that every DVD we buy takes us one step closer to them agreeing to do Master Plan as an animated recon Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 05:51:41 pm »

The way to look at it is to think that every DVD we buy takes us one step closer to them agreeing to do Master Plan as an animated recon Smiley

Or even a re-animated one.

That's certainly a noble goal.
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 07:10:34 pm »

Do they rerelease DVDs very often? Seems a bit unfair to people who have already bought it.
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 09:25:26 pm »

Do they rerelease DVDs very often? Seems a bit unfair to people who have already bought it.

It is a trend they started with the 'Revisitations' Box set (middle of last year). Those stories I could (sort of) understand why they might want to re-release and tart up the extras but this re-release takes it to a whole new level of cheek.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: