The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 20, 2024, 10:25:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

POLL: Favourite Series 5 Story

Poll
Question: Which was the best story?
The Eleventh Hour - 4 (20%)
The Beast Below - 1 (5%)
Victory of the Daleks - 0 (0%)
The Time of Angels/Flesh & Stone - 2 (10%)
Vampires of Venice - 0 (0%)
Amy's Choice - 1 (5%)
The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood - 1 (5%)
Vincesnt and the Doctor - 3 (15%)
The Lodger - 2 (10%)
The Pandorica Opens - 5 (25%)
The Big Bang - 1 (5%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: Favourite Series 5 Story  (Read 385 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: September 03, 2010, 03:11:51 pm »

So, what was your favourite episode of the previous series and why? vote above and scribble below Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 03:27:35 pm »

Ok so I voted for The Eleventh Hour now I have to say why (this is not my strong point - probably ironic when I spend ages at work saying 'you can't just say that you have to say why!' Ho hum!). Um ... ok - I loved the scenes between little Amelia & The Doctor. It had great humour. I loved the idea of The Doctor 'still cooking' as he puts it. I loved the scene as he walks through the hospital grabbing all the things that will go towards his look as The Doctor. The brief montage of all the previous Docs. When he steps forward and says 'I'm The Doctor.' I thought it was a great introduction. I think that'll do for now - if I think of anything else I'll come back and add it.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
BlueRose

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 07:22:51 pm »

Ok so I voted for The Eleventh Hour now I have to say why (this is not my strong point - probably ironic when I spend ages at work saying 'you can't just say that you have to say why!' Ho hum!). Um ... ok - I loved the scenes between little Amelia & The Doctor. It had great humour. I loved the idea of The Doctor 'still cooking' as he puts it. I loved the scene as he walks through the hospital grabbing all the things that will go towards his look as The Doctor. The brief montage of all the previous Docs. When he steps forward and says 'I'm The Doctor.' I thought it was a great introduction. I think that'll do for now - if I think of anything else I'll come back and add it.

May I say I not only liked Amelia but wish SHE had been the companion? I honestly found her more interesting.
Report Spam   Logged
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 07:36:31 pm »

Amelia was brilliant. totally loved her.

Anyways, my favourite story choice went to the finale, but mostly for TPO
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 07:44:50 pm »

Have to admit I really REALLY do NOT like what's your favourite themes  Sad Everything adds up to a whole imo so to have to choose one episode of a series I thoroughly enjoyed is difficult.

I went for TEH for very obvious reasons - it was our intro to Eleven and his first outing out  Cool Loved every minute of it - even Amy Shocked Matt Smith was brillant and waylaid any fears I had as to the future of the show without DT.

Can't wait for more.... Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
awkward91
Tin Dog
Favourite Companion: Amy

View Profile
Poll Voter Level 3 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 07:48:45 pm »

The Beast Below for me. Absolutely genius story, it cemented 11/amy as my favourite doc/companion partnership EVER, and the end was near tear-jerking. And then there was the lead-in with Churchill, and the spine-chilling and at this stage highly unexpected image of the crack in time at the conclusion! Superp. Vampires of Venice is a close second, brilliant story and setting and the funniest DW script ever in my book. Plus it brought Rory back.
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes impossible things happen and we call them miracles...
BlueRose

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 08:05:55 pm »

Have to admit I really REALLY do NOT like what's your favourite themes  Sad Everything adds up to a whole imo so to have to choose one episode of a series I thoroughly enjoyed is difficult.

I went for TEH for very obvious reasons - it was our intro to Eleven and his first outing out  Cool Loved every minute of it - even Amy Shocked Matt Smith was brillant and waylaid any fears I had as to the future of the show without DT.

Can't wait for more.... Cheesy

I HATE picking fav stories and seasons because there are so many eps I love and some I like more than others. Some I utterly hate and will never watch even if paid. Maybe.
Report Spam   Logged
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 10:09:04 pm »

Loved them all, but have to go with Eleventh Hour since that is the first episode I ever saw thereby starting my Doctor Who insanity.  Have to say though, really enjoyed The Big Bang too.
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
drow
Hatchling

View Profile
Level 3 Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 10:19:11 pm »

vincent and the doctor.
because vincent van gogh was awesome and brilliant.
Report Spam   Logged

>>< drow ><<
sleekituk
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
Windows User Poll Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 11:27:48 pm »

Liked the Pandorica Opens, didn't like The Big Bang,

any chance of splitting the options??

Please!
Report Spam   Logged

The Doctor: Do you know like we were saying, about the earth revolving? It's like when you're a kid, the first time they tell you that the world is turning and you just can't quite believe it 'cause everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it.
gabbie
Hatchling

Tardis cat - Jack

View Profile
Poll Voter Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 11:32:41 pm »

I voted for the Lodger but I actually liked all of Series 5. As mentioned in above posts, I also thought young Amelia was great with Matt. 
Report Spam   Logged

beans are evil. bad bad beans.
sleekituk
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 11:36:34 pm »

Split the two part finale as I think they are two very different episodes, hope that's okay boss!
Report Spam   Logged

The Doctor: Do you know like we were saying, about the earth revolving? It's like when you're a kid, the first time they tell you that the world is turning and you just can't quite believe it 'cause everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it.
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 11:38:04 pm »

I voted The Lodger. I love TPO & TBB but as seasons finales (and this is just a personal opinion) I like having my loose ends tied up. After the two of them I had so many questions. I was going to go for the 11thHour but I just thought the Lodger was a lovely little tale which I enjoyed, simple as that  
Report Spam   Logged

sleekituk
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 11:39:22 pm »

My favourite finale of the new series is Utopia/SOD/LOTTL so I agree Chris Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 11:42:01 pm »

Split the two part finale as I think they are two very different episodes, hope that's okay boss!

Yea of course, no problem Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 11:46:57 pm »

Sleekit as you know I adored Utopia/SOD/LOTL, it was amazing. No story questions at the end (I had plenty about the way that the resolution was reached but hey - we all knew Rusty loved his Deus ex Machina) and the Doc was free to move on to a brilliant xmas romp. With TPO/TBB I'm wondering, are there going to be issues arising in my Xmas special now that I have to take account of? I suspect I'm drifting off topic a bit but TPO had me filled with such hope and excitement and I really really loved TBB as a spectacle, but as a story arc it just needed finishing off.
Report Spam   Logged

sleekituk
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 11:56:23 pm »

I think this is a 2 (1 1/2) series arc, but I did find myself watching TBB wondering when anything was actually going to happen, I guess it's just a hangover from the bam bam boom finales I had become accustomed to, but I did love all the aliens in TPO if not completely convinced an allaince was actually possible, especially from a Dalek perspective, and, yes, I am one  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 12:57:16 am »

Tough choice, since I love so many of them, but I went with The Big Bang.  All that timey-wimey time jumping and the way it tied the whole season together was brilliant. 
Report Spam   Logged
Dame Roger
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Second
Favourite Companion: Ace

View Profile
Search Windows User Poll Voter
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 01:09:08 am »

The Time Of Angels / Flesh And Stone for me. I just think the Weeping Angels are by far the most memorable new baddies / villains / monsters / whatever you want to call them since the show came back, and the idea of Amy having to negotiate her way past them with her eyes closed when the only way to stop them is to look at them was brilliant.

Plus it marked the return to the show of one of the most controversial characters in the show's history, one that had been in the show in a previous series but whose presence was never entirely explained, one who I firmly believe will eventually turn out against all the odds to be the ultimate Doctor Who villain in a series-ender spectacular to end all series-ender spectaculars. I'm talking, of course, about Graham Norton.
Report Spam   Logged

"I'm reversing the jelly baby of the neutron flow."
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 09:05:44 am »

Wow, lot of differing opinions there!
And some mention of TheFinaleWhichMustNotBeNamed also.
I utterly despise the "Doctor Dobby" finale, wish I could erase it from my memory.
To each their own though!

Anyhoo, I voted for the Pandorica Opens.
It was a corker & it was just the pick me up I needed after so many episodes this year let me down. It was, to coin a phrase, "vintage" Moffatt.

The Eleventh Hour comes a close second.
Little Amelia was brilliant, I totally agree on that & I initially loved the montage of The Doctors, but I watched it again & couldn't help but feel MS walking through the image of DT was a bit cheeky - maybe all in my head though.
Also, the way he cobbled together his outfit was very Pertwee!
On the whole though, too many eps this year left me feeling let down. Especially when James Corden arrives. I can't go that guy.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: