The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 09:35:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Fourth Doctor - Pyramids of Mars

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fourth Doctor - Pyramids of Mars  (Read 208 times)
Thascales
Easily Exterminated
Favourite Doctor: Tom Baker
Favourite Companion: Leela and Harry Sullivan

Master-Stroker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« on: March 12, 2011, 12:58:38 pm »

PYRAMIDS OF MARS
by Robert Holmes and Lewis Griefer

Starring Tom Baker and Elisabeth Sladen.

Production Code: 4G

First Transmitted:
1 - 25/10/1975 17:45
2 - 01/11/1975 17:45
3 - 08/11/1975 17:45
4 - 15/11/1975 17:45

Quote from: The Discontinuity Guide
'You pit your puny will against mine? In my presence, you are an ant, a termite. Abase yourself you grovelling insect!' Pyramids of Mars features one of the series' most chilling enemies. There is a fascinating discussion between the Doctor and Laurence about being able to 'choose the future', and a seeming explanation of the Doctor's motivation: that he is a prisoner of moral obligation, unable to leave anywhere without attempting to 'do his duty'.

The scene in which Sarah criticises the Doctor for his lack of feeling after the death of Laurence, and he describes the horror of what will happen if Sutekh isn't stopped, is another classic Doctor Who moment.
[/size]
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 02:14:43 pm »

This is one of my favourite classic stories and is crying out for some sort of sequel/retread if you ask me. When the rumours surfaced of an Egyptian set cyber story a know quite a few people were hoping that it would mark a reappearance of some sorts of Sutekh. Sadly, it doesnt look like the Egyptian episode is going ahead. Not this year anyway
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 12:33:49 am »

I was at uni studying classics when this was transmitted.  For reasons too tedious to go into, one lecturer was explaining the Egyptian myth of Osiris, and how he was killed by his brother Set, or Sutekh - "currently appearing on Doctor Who."  That's a memory that's stuck with me.
Report Spam   Logged

Davros
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Sylvester McCoy (7th)

Tar Lubeck ka'leed Uth Ricta Dal'ek.

View Profile WWW
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 06:16:08 am »

I was honestly disappointed with this story considering all the hype I've heard about it. It was good, but things didn't really pick up for me until Sutekh got around- and I love his costume design. I think that he could be done really well with a return to the new series. You can tell, he's one of those potentially awesome villains, like Omega, who should also make a return.
Report Spam   Logged

Today, the Kaled race is ended, consumed in a fire of war. But, from its ashes will rise a new race. The supreme creature. The ultimate conqueror of the universe. The Dalek!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: