The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 12:48:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Podcast Updates & Ideas

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Podcast Updates & Ideas  (Read 1222 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: March 13, 2011, 04:13:16 pm »

The latest addition to the The Doctor In The TARDIS is currently being worked on, and we are looking for your input to help make it work.

The Doctor In The TARDIS Podcast is something that is currently under development to be pushed out via the forum, newspage and Facebook as a way of bringing forum updates as well as news from the Whoniverse in bitesize audio chunks that we hope will be fun and help promote what we have going on here.

It is currently in the testing stages but we hope to have everything sorted and episode 1 playing through your speakers very soon. What we would like though is contributions for future podcasts. We want to know the type of things that you want to hear about and the areas of fandom and the Whoniverse that you want to discuss or debate. More than that though, if you would like to join in and contribute to a podcast to talk about something of interest, be it an episode or series, character, RPing, writing fanfic or anything else that is of interest within the forum, then let us know either by posting here or by sending a PM. It would be great to include guest speakers. Don't be afraid to let us know your opinions and tell us if you want to join in. Every little bit will help to get this off the ground and make it a success.

I know that most of this is pretty vague at the moment but we don't want to give too much away just yet. We will be bringing you more news and updates shortly though. In the meantime, get in touch and let us know your thoughts Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 01:00:43 pm »

Wow, that's quite a step forward. I'm not brave enough to go on and speak, but I'm happy to give ideas and will definately listen Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 05:03:33 pm »

Brilliant, well any ideas are welcome.

We are doing it for all the members/readers so you need to tell us what you want to hear and what ideas you have. Don't be shy or afraid to speak up. All ideas are welcome, so get posting and tell us what you want us to discuss
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 01:44:37 am »

One idea that has come to the fore is a chance for everyone to get involved with the podcast by posing a question to the panel in audio format.

Essentially you think of something you'd like to ask about the forum/show whatever pop over to audioboo or the like and record your question. You then send the link to The Doc and he'll choose a selection of questions to be edited in/answered at the next podcast.

Simples  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 01:35:18 pm »

If you want to a record us a question for inclusion on the Podcast, as Mandy has said, then you can do that HERE and then forward it to us either through PM on here, or via Twitter Smiley

Please get those questions coming in Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 09:19:12 pm »

Podcast #1 is in the can guys Cheesy

It's currently being edited and will (hopefully) be available for you all tomorrow!

Remember that we still really want everybody to get involved so if you have any ideas or suggestions or there are specific topics that you want is to cover in upcoming podcasts, then drop me a PM and let me know! Also, use the link in the post above to record yourselves asking the panel a question and we will include them in upcoming casts too. Please, please get involved. We really want to hear from you all Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 10:28:08 pm »

Ooh, this all sounds rather exciting  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 10:29:18 pm »

It will be Smiley

Make sure you record a question for us Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 10:21:19 am »

I will, gotta try and think of something!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 04:45:03 am »

The next one is in a fortnight so you've got a bit of time to get your idea in Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 08:06:14 pm »

The next one is in a fortnight so you've got a bit of time to get your idea in Smiley

Hehe, thanks, will listen to the first one to get some ideas.
Report Spam   Logged

missadric2
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Peter Davison
Favourite Companion: Adric/ Amy Pond

Imagination is the key to Everything

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 3
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 08:37:16 pm »

ok erm i dont know if this is a good idea but heres my question/rubbish idea....
Since the Time lords are said to only have 12/13 lives are you guys worried that the Doctor will actually Die after his last incarnation or do you think that the writers and creators at that point will find a way of keeping the Doctor alive or maybe use Jenny as the 'new' Doctor as it were?Huh? I personally dont want Doctor Who to end but the Doctor is like the central character and has constantly been telling everyone he can regenerate so many times before he actually dies so what do you think?Huh?

I know its not exactly original but its an idea haha
Report Spam   Logged

'An apple a day keeps the.....oh never mind!' - fifth Doctor

The 5th Doctor will always have a special place in my heart and will always be MY Doctor

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 10:50:05 am »

ok erm i dont know if this is a good idea but heres my question/rubbish idea....
Since the Time lords are said to only have 12/13 lives are you guys worried that the Doctor will actually Die after his last incarnation or do you think that the writers and creators at that point will find a way of keeping the Doctor alive or maybe use Jenny as the 'new' Doctor as it were?Huh? I personally dont want Doctor Who to end but the Doctor is like the central character and has constantly been telling everyone he can regenerate so many times before he actually dies so what do you think?Huh?

I know its not exactly original but its an idea haha

Sounds good to me Afro

Are you going to go for a recorded or written? Either way pop it into a pm to The Doc Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 09:42:55 am »

The next podcast is this Saturday so if you haven't submitted your question yet - get to it Cheesy Whether written or recorded just pop it into a pm to The Doc and the panel will do their very best to answer Wink

Go on - you know you want to Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 03:39:55 pm »

I had an idea! I'm going to have to look something up first though and then record it Wink (this eve/night)
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 07:18:14 pm »

I had an idea! I'm going to have to look something up first though and then record it Wink (this eve/night)

Brillant Cool
Report Spam   Logged

hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 10:52:31 pm »

Are there any chances of another podcast at any point? I miss having it to listen to on my walks home from college  Sad Sad
Report Spam   Logged

2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 02:27:18 am »

That's what I was thinking, I miss the podcast! Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: