The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 01:23:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Welcome Aboard Ivy Godber

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome Aboard Ivy Godber  (Read 146 times)
missadric2
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Peter Davison
Favourite Companion: Adric/ Amy Pond

Imagination is the key to Everything

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 3
« on: March 13, 2011, 05:10:19 pm »

OK this was my first ever fanfic story rated PG or K i hope you enjoy it Smiley

Chapter 1

“OK mum I’m going to college now” Ivy said while backing out of the front door.
There was no answer. Ivy sighed, why did she even bother? Ivy was 19 years old with short dark blonde hair and her parents never really took notice of her anymore no matter how much she wanted it.
“Mum I’m going to college” Jake said coming down the stairs. Jake was Ivy’s twin brother who had choppy blonde hair and he was their parents favourite and it always showed.
“OK darling be careful” Kelly Shouted. Jake Smiled at Ivy and gestured with his head for them to go out the door.
“Why do I even bother saying bye if she doesn’t even answer?” Ivy said.
“You know she loves you” Jake answered.
“No she doesn’t ever since I was 6 she’s just ignored me, all because of my stupid dreams.  She’s just scared that I might put a curse on her or something”
“Now you know that’s not true! She doesn’t think you are a witch” Ivy just looked at Jake and started to walk quicker. She put her hand in her right hand coat pocket and felt the small piece of paper she’s had since year 11. Ever since a strange man in a bow tie, braces and a tweed jacket gave it to her and told her to never let it out her sight, she had always felt as if that man was going to be important to her, so she did as she was told by this stranger. Jake saw her bring out the piece of paper and he sighed.
“You really don’t think that’s real do you? You know, like that date and those instructions actually mean something?” Jake asked.
“Why else would he have given it to me?” She wondered out loud.
“Someone playing a joke on you yet again” Jake answered “You’ve been hurt way too many times for me to just sit back and let this” He grabbed the paper “rule you life!”
“Give it back” Ivy said in a monotone. Jake opened it and read it out loud.
“16th of February 2011, 11:56, be outside the hairdressers’ at exactly this time. Hang on isn’t today the 16th?” He looked at his phone and confirmed it. Ivy stopped and looked at him. Sometimes she really hated her Twin brother, especially when he pulled really nasty jokes on her but she usually just played along but this was important and she wasn’t in the mood for joking around.
“Jake I’m not in the mood for kidding” She said seriously.
“I’m not joking Ivy look today is the 16th of February 2011” He showed her his phone. She stared at his phone for what felt like 5 whole minutes to Jake before she grabbed the piece of paper from his hand and walked on purposefully.
“Ivy! Wait! What does that mean?” Jake shouted.
“It means I have to go to town be outside the hairdressers’ for 11:56 exactly something is going to happen at that time and I need to be there” Ivy answered turning round for a few seconds.
“But I thought only your dreams told you what to do and when and they are reliable this man isn’t you don’t even know him how do you know you can trust him?” Jake asked.
“I don’t know it just feels right” She stormed on ahead planning everything. She would be in one of her repeated English language lessons, since she didn’t pass her A-level she had to take the course again in that lesson. Jake just returned to college to do different A-levels he didn’t like the course he didn’t like his first year lessons so he started again, that time with different choices. As she started to see her college it suddenly hit her that today was the day. Today was the day she finally got to meet the Doctor again.

Chapter 2

As Ivy entered the college she felt out of place yet again. The feeling she always felt when she was in college. She looked around and went straight to the cafe. Jake was just behind her out of breath. He soon broke off to go hang out with his mates, she didn’t care she had always been on her own unless her annoying ‘Friend’, Rachel, started following her around. She sat down at an empty table and started to think of excuses to get out of her lesson. She would have to leave to leave the college at about 11:40 so she could get there in time. She had just thought of a fifth excuse when Rachel came in.
“Hey Ivy there you are! You ready for English?” Before Ivy could answer she started to speak again “I bet your not you’re always in your own world. What’s wrong? You don’t look so good”
That was it! Ivy never had a day off in college that year so if she said she was ill the teacher would take her seriously and let her go.
“No I don’t feel too well today I’ll see how I go in English” Ivy answered.
“OK well we better get going it starts in five minutes” Ivy looked at the clock. It was five to ten, just an hour and a half to go.
   Ivy was about ready to fall asleep before the clock turned 11:40. English was so dry why did she take it in the first place? When she saw the clock change she put her hand up ready to start her plan.
“Yes Ivy?” Nick asked.
“Nick I really don’t feel too well can I go to the office to get some paracetemol?” She asked trying to sound sick.
“Of course don’t be too long, the next topic is very interesting” Nick said.
“Don’t think so” Ivy mumbled on her way out. As soon as she was out the classroom she ran down the stairs where she bumped straight into Jake.
  “So you’re actually going to do this?” Jake asked.
“Er yeah I think I just might” Ivy answered sarcastically.
“Ivy I don’t want you to get hurt!”
“Jake I’ll take that risk, if it means I finally find someone who understands what I'm going through then fine I don’t care if I do get hurt, sometimes that's the cost” She answered seriously “Now if you’ll excuse me I need to get to town”
“Fine but don’t come crying to me if this is all a big set up” Jake said walking away back to his mates. Ivy sighed and turned to go out the doors when she heard Rachel calling.
“Ivy! Wait! Where are you going?” She asked.
“Erm nowhere” Ivy answered trying to make another excuse.
“You’ve passed the office you know that don’t you?” she asked suspiciously.
“Oh yeah I just wanted some fresh air that's all”
“Oh OK well do you want me to come out with you?” Ivy was very apprehensive at that question. She knew Rachel could be clingy but she had never asked to go outside the college with her. Ivy could have sworn that she saw Rachel’s eyes glow for a split second.
“No it’s ok, I’ll be fine, just go back to the lesson, I won’t be long” Ivy waited until she saw her go back up the stairs before she ran outside. She looked at her watch. FLIP she thought, I’m going to have to run over otherwise I'm not going to make it.
What Ivy didn’t see was Rachel didn’t go back upstairs she had slipped outside and watched her go, she smiled wickedly and turned round and headed back inside. She knew what to do, what she had been taught to do all her life. Her destiny was finally falling into place.

Chapter 3

As Ivy ran she could hear people complain about being shoved aside so violently, all she could do was shout apologies everywhere she went. She looked at her watch and panicked, just five minutes until she had to be at the hairdressers’. She began to run faster resisting against the painful stitch which had developed in her side a while back. Hang on she thought what on earth do I do when I get there? He didn’t say anything about what to do just to be there and that was it, it was if she would know what to do.
Three minutes, she wasn’t that far now but her stitch complained more than ever now but she had to keep going otherwise she had broken her promise.
 Two Minutes she wasn’t going to make it, she knew she wasn’t, stupid Jake and stupid Rachel this could all be their fault if she didn’t make it.
One minute, she saw it, the sign for the hairdressers’ but that wasn’t all she saw, she saw Him, the man that had occupied her thoughts every day. She saw The Doctor, in his ridicules bow tie, braces and his geeky tweed jacket. He was playing with something, a small electronic device that she couldn’t make out. That's when she realised what she needed to do. On the roof of the hairdressers’ she saw a small figure with a weapon of some sort. A Gun, she realised, seeing that she ran to her absolute limit. That figure was going to shoot him and kill him if she didn’t get to him in time. She was, literally, a few second away when she saw the figure start to pull the trigger. She shouted at the top her voice “DOCTOR!!!!” and all she heard was a gun shot.

Chapter 4

The Doctor turned to see who was shouting of him. Who on Gallifry would want him at this time? He was on the track of a rogue Sontaran and he needed to find it before it caused a riot in this town of Durham he has landed in. He couldn’t see who was shouting his name but he did hear a crack on the roof of a small hairdressers’ he was standing in front of. There it was, the Sontaran he had been looking for and it had a gun in his hand. Man, he hated guns! As it shot a blast of thick energy at him he felt a hard shove on his right hand side and he fell to the floor while the energy blast went straight past him.
He lifted his head from the hard ground and looked straight to the roof. Damn, it got away, all that effort for nothing. He then turned his head to see who had knocked him out of the way of the gun shot. He saw a young human....yes definitely human.... girl with short blonde hair, with a few curls and deep green eyes getting up and holding her side as if she was in pain.
“OMJ I actually did it! Ha! I knew it was true and not a prank! OMJ I saved your life! That's what you wanted me to do; you wanted me to save your life so you could continue your wild adventures in time and space! Ha!” She rushed. The Doctor pushed himself up onto his feet and looked intensely at her. She leaned away from him. Obviously not used to people being close to her he observed in his clever mind.
“What do you mean? Do you know me? However a lot of people know me, people being aliens that is not human but you know my name, not my real name but my name none the less so how do you know me?” he asked.
The girl looked shocked by his question and hurt. He didn’t know what to say, all he wanted to know is how she knew him. He saw her take a deep breath and begin her answer.
“Sorry, I'm Ivy Godber and I know you ‘cause I met you when I was in year 11. You came to see me in the park not far from here and you gave me this” She handed him a small piece of paper that looked very crumpled. He took it from her hand and examined it carefully. All it said was ‘16th of February 2011, 11:56, be outside the hairdressers’ at exactly this time’, it was in his hand writing and in a blue ink pen. He looked at Ivy.
“You came up to me and asked me if I was OK. I said yeah I was but you looked very upset as if someone had died so I asked if you were ok. You looked shocked but you said you were OK too. You asked if I had a blue inked pen on me and I gave you one from my bag. You sat down and wrote that out” She pointed to the piece of paper The Doctor still had in his hand. “You gave it to me and told me to never let it out of my sight, never. You then said that I would see you again on that date, you explained what would happen although you didn’t tell me that I had to push you out of the way of a crazed shooter. You just told me that you wouldn’t know me when I met you again since you a time traveller and things don’t happen in the right order, oh what was it you told me to say to you? Oh yeah our relationship is a bit like yours and someone called River Song.” As soon as he heard that name he knew she was telling the truth. He looked at the piece of paper again. She was obviously there for a reason. Time travel was so confusing at times. He must sometime in the future go back in time to meet her and give her the message otherwise time could rewrite even though that can happen sometimes. Maybe he would just say thank you and leave her, he didn’t want any more responsibility for someone’s life if she was expecting to travel with him. Yes, that's what he would do just say thank you and walk away, find that Sontaran and sort that problem out and leave. Simple. That's what he hoped.
The Doctor took a deep breath.
“Thank you Ivy, I kind of have to go now, you understand aliens to stop, planets to save” He began to walk away.
“Hang on where do you think you’re going?” Ivy asked too scared to grab him.
“I don’t know I have to find that Sontaran otherwise who knows what's going to happen” He explained. He turned and began to run with the small tracker he was following in his hand. Ivy just looked after him, not knowing what to do. She was completely confused; her dreams had told her she would see the stars with a young but old man. She would see aliens, spaceships, planets, everything in space but here she was standing on her own looking like an idiot while the only hope of those dreams coming true was running away from her.
She felt so stupid; she knew that it was too good to be true. She turned reluctantly away and headed back to college. Mean while, The Doctor was going in the same direction tracking a strange electronic waves coming from a building not far from where he was. The readings told him that it was definitely Sontaran technology and not from Earth. This time he would stop it and send it home.

Chapter 5

Ivy entered the college yet again and was bombarded by her brother asking her questions that she wasn’t listening to.
“Well was he real? Was it a joke? Why are you back here? Did something bad happen? I told you you would get hurt, but did you listen? NO!” Jake rambled on. Ivy just ignored him and kept walking back to her class. “Fine just ignore me I’ll talk to you later”
Ivy pushed the door open and went straight to her seat and sat down. The teacher didn’t even notice that's she had been gone for a long time, he just continued his lesson. What Ivy didn’t notice was that Rachel was gone too. She wasn’t in her usual seat next to her, it was empty. She didn’t spend long thinking about that; she was too hurt that The Doctor didn’t even want her let alone anyone else.
As the lesson dragged on she just stared out of the door waiting for the lesson to finish when she suddenly saw The Doctor pass by the window. She suddenly stood up and went out the door ignoring the teacher’s question. She was oblivious to anyone at that point. All she wanted is to know why The Doctor was in her college. She decided to follow him this time, she wasn’t going to let go this time. She followed him quietly until he stopped, turned round and saw her. She froze. Flip she thought caught.
“What are you doing here?” He asked.
“Well Doctor this is what you call a college, it’s a place where young people learn specific subjects and hopefully go to uni afterwards if they get the grades.” She explained.
“I know what it is I mean what are you doing here?”
Ivy sighed he still wasn’t getting the message. “I’m a student here” She said simply.
“Why are you following me then?”
“Well an alien in a human college is pretty strange so I was following you to find out where you were going and what you were up to”
“How do you know there was an alien in the college?”
 “I was talking about you, what do you mean there’s an alien in the college?”
  “Ah problem here then, I was just going to do this on my own but seen as though you seem to know all about aliens, which I have no idea why, I’ll ask you about that later, then you can help me out. Follow me” He said completely confusing Ivy. Again. She could hardly keep up with him, he talked so fast. She followed without hesitation.
He made his way to the janitor’s office and stopped. He knocked twice.
“Got to be polite” he said quickly. There was no answer so he brought a strange looking pen device which had a green coloured nib and gave off a weird high pitched screech. The Doctor opened the door and stepped quietly inside. He went straight to the desk and started rummaging around. Ivy shut the door and went to The Doctor’s side.
“What are you looking for?” Ivy asked.
“I don’t know yet. What am I looking for? Some kind of alien technology but I can’t find anything, this is all human information. Look, blueprints to the building, files on job rotors, a to do list, all boring human things, but there is an alien signal coming from this building and its strongest in this room but its empty!”  The Doctor exclaimed. “How is that possible?”
Ivy took the blueprints and looked closely at them. She smiled.
“It doesn’t make sense” The Doctor said.
“Doctor” Ivy asked.
“There has to be something here something that I'm missing again, something obvious!”
“Doctor”
“What?” Ivy handed him the blueprints. “Why are you giving me this?” Ivy pointed at the anomaly on the document. “AH!” The Doctor nearly shouted. “Ivy you’re brilliant. OK this says that there is a door around here” He said facing the far left wall with the prints in his hands. He gave Ivy the blueprints, brought out the weird pen thing again and made it screech.
“What is that thing?” Ivy asked.
“Sonic Screwdriver don’t leave anywhere without it, got it!” He explained. The wall he was facing opened to reveal a staircase descending underground. “Come on” The Doctor smiled to Ivy that was infectious and Ivy couldn’t help but smile as well. She put the prints in her pocket and followed The Doctor down the stairs.
The Stairs were steep so Ivy took her time even though The Doctor was well ahead of her.
“Oh there's a small drop at the end so be....” Ivy shrieked as she fell down the drop. She felt warm, friendly hands grab her waist. “....Careful” The Doctor finished. Ivy felt really embarrassed by the way The Doctor was holding her. She backed out of his hands and apologised.
“No need to apologise it is dark in here, wherever here is” The Doctor couldn’t understand why Ivy didn’t like to be touched, if The Doctor didn’t catch her she would have hurt herself he couldn’t just let her fall. He brought out his torch and shone it into the darkness. All they could see was a long tunnel that was full of wiring.
“My guess is the person who is behind all of this will be on the other end of this wiring so my plan is to track these wires and there we will hopefully find the culprit. As they walked Ivy didn’t feel scared or excited she felt like this was what she was supposed to do, like it was her destiny as it were. This was the first time she had felt like that since she was six, when she had her first dream about the next day. It had told her that if she got in the car the next day to go for lunch somewhere there would be a fatal car crash and she wouldn’t survive it. Her mum and dad the next day suggested that they should go out for lunch that day rather than stay in. At that point Ivy started to refuse to go in the car, she kicked, screamed, she did everything she could to stop them going. Her parents asked her why she wouldn’t get in the car. When she explained they just laughed. They said that there wouldn’t be a car accident on the motorway and that it was just a dream, but Ivy still refused. They gave up in the end; they went back inside, switched the TV on and were shocked about what was being broadcast. There had been a car crash on the motorway with a three car pileup. From that moment on her parents had treated her differently, as if they were scared of her.
Night after night she had dreams about the future but she didn’t tell anyone. Most of them scared her so much that she didn’t sleep much. She couldn’t go into her parents’ room and get a cuddle of reassurance they would just send her back to bed. She grew up lost, scared and afraid. And she got tougher every year. She learned that she couldn’t trust anyone except her brother. She didn’t have any friends, her dreams were her friends.
“Did you hear me?” The Doctors voice broke her flashback.
“Hmmmm?” She asked.
“I said there's a low light up ahead we better keep low and quiet” He repeated. Why was she so quiet? She must have been distracted by something. The light got brighter and brighter as they got closer and closer. When The Doctor reached the corner he could hear voices. He knelt down and Ivy copied. He faced her and put his finger against his lips. Ivy nodded understanding his motion.
“This is going perfectly. All these blasted humans will have disappeared by the time I'm done here. Well done you have done your job well.” One rough voice said.
“Thank you sir I tried my best. I knew the human girl wouldn’t let me go with her, she hates me, I annoy her” A recognisable voice replied. Ivy knew that voice, she heard it every day. It made her skin crawl every time she heard it. It was Rachel. Ivy tapped The Doctors tweed jacket, he turned round.
“I know that girl” She whispered.
“You do?” The Doctor asked.
“Yeah, she’s a student here; she’s in some of my lessons. Her names Rachel Macintosh”
“How long have you known her?”
“A while I don’t know exactly”
“You’ve known me for five year Ivy Godber” Rachel said. She was standing over The Doctor and Ivy. Flip they had been caught.
“Hi, I'm The Doctor and you know Ivy I see may I ask who you are and what you are doing here?” The Doctor said standing up straight and towering over Rachel by several inches.
“What you haven’t guessed already Doctor? Aw you’re not as clever as they say you are” Rachel said.
“I'm not going to ask again, who are you and what are you doing here?” The Doctor asked again clearly getting impatient.
“Work it out”
“Oh I will come on Ivy let’s go and have a look at that technology she has round that corner”
“Oh no you don’t!” The rough voice said. “Activate holding prison” Ivy felt a whoosh of air fall around her. She tried to run but she ran straight into what felt like a brick wall. “You’re not going to stop me again Doctor, not this time!” A small potato looking man came into view.
“There you are! I knew you were behind this!” The Doctor said.
“Doctor what's happening?” Ivy asked.
“He’s trapped us in a holding cell, an invisible wall made out of pure Sontaran energy, we can’t get out” He explained.

Chapter 6

“No you won’t escape this time Doctor! This time The Sontaran’s will take over planet Earth and there is nothing you can do to stop us!” The Sontaran almost shouted.
“Hang on I know you!” The Doctor suddenly “You’re....”
“Commander Spars or as I'm known as Spars the Daring” The Sontaran finished for him.
“How do you know him Doctor?” Ivy asked very confused now.
“The last time I met the Sontaran race one of them was going to kill my friends Mickey and Martha after I stopped him I went to see if there were any others. There was a ship full of them but they escaped before I could stop them. And Commander Spars there was in charge” He explained quickly.
“We were too fast for you Doctor, and now for you slow reactions again my race will finally take over this useless planet and if they don’t give it to use willingly then we shall take it by force, I do hope it will come to that!” Commander Spars walked purposefully away laughing.
“Ugh Sontaran’s do love a good war” The Doctor sighed. At the controls Ivy watched Rachel carefully as she flicked switches and pressed buttons. She had seen that control panel before but she couldn’t remember where. Rachel pressed a final button, turned to look at Ivy and said
“My life is over now I have done my bit, see ya Ivy!” She suddenly started twitching and sparking, then just collapsed.
“Android” The Doctor said simply.
“I guessed. How on Earth are we going to get out here?” She asked calmly. She knew The Doctor would get them out. She trusted him. Wow she had never trusted anyone in her life other than Jake. She surprised herself there.
“Well the sonic screwdriver won’t work, it’ll just conk out, oh there's a new word, conk, conk, hmm seems to fit, I might use that again sometime, anyway back to this problem. OK what's the problem, let’s get the facts, Sontaran Energy cells are very strong and can withhold anything, well mostly anything.” The Doctor started to ramble again.
“What can’t it hold?” Ivy asked.
“Simple electronic waves that's why the sonic screwdriver won’t work, it’s too high tech” The Doctor answered. He looked at her. He’d done it again; he had yet again risked someone’s life to help himself. Why did he keep doing this? After he had sorted all this out he had to just leave, Ivy couldn’t come with him, and he just couldn’t do it again. But he couldn’t help but be intrigued by her. There was something about her that he couldn’t put his finger on.
Ivy looked The Doctor straight in the eyes, those deep set eyes that looked young but somehow looked older than anything she had ever seen. She sensed something in him, something doubtful almost sorry. But it suddenly clicked.
“Hang something that is electronic and simple?” Ivy asked.
“Yes....”The Doctor agreed.
“Something that can send electronic waves?”
“Yes? Ivy what are you thinking?” The Doctor asked. Ivy brought out her phone. The Doctor looked at it. He shook his head. “That's good thinking Ivy but phones on this planet are too high tech now it’ll be blocked out”
Ivy disagreed by shaking her head also. “But Doctor this phone is ancient, it doesn’t have the internet or any of that new app stuff it just texts and calls people” The Doctors face lit up.
“Why do you have such an old phone?” He asked confused. He thought Ivy looked like a girl who kept up with these trends and didn’t just keep the necessities.
“I’ve always wanted a new phone but my parents want me to buy my own and since I don’t have a job or any pocket money I’ve had to make do with this old thing” She laughed “Will it work?”
“Yes of course it will, but who do we call?”
“I know” Ivy began to dial the one number she knew would help her and believe her. Jake. “Jake? Hey, look I know this sounds stranger but now really is the time to believe me. Go to the janitors’ office and go to the left wall”
“Tell him to just press it’ll open the sonic made sure it would open easily without it” He told her.
“Press the wall and follow the corridor, go right to the end and you’ll find me and....” She hesitated. Would he get angry if she said his name? Oh well she had to say it now. “The Doctor trapped, he’ll tell you what to do from then on”
The Doctor waited impatiently for Ivy to get a confirmation from this Jake person. Was he her boyfriend? A friend? Whoever he was The Doctor would be very grateful if he got him out of this darn cage. 
“OK thank you Jake I owe you one! And hurry!” Ivy ended the call. There was silence.
“So who’s Jake?” The Doctor finally asked hating the silence.
“By twin brother, he’s always looked after me.”
“Don’t your parents look after you?”
“Do they flip!” The Doctor raised an eyebrow “Ever since I was six they have ignored me. They don’t love me and they haven’t since....” Ivy stopped. Was she ready to tell him about her dreams? No she decided “I was six” She finished.
“What happened when you were six?” The Doctor asked.
Thankfully Ivy heard Jakes voice calling her.
“Over here Jake!” She called back.
“Oh. My. God!” Jake said. “It’s true! Are you?”
“Yes I'm The Doctor nice to meet you Jake now can you help me by going over to the control panel and pressing the green button followed by the blue switch?” The Doctor asked anxious to get out of the cell.
“Oh yeah course hang on” he Pressed the button and switched the switch and the holding prisons vanished. The Doctor ran to the control panel and immediately started scanning it. Ivy ran to Jake and gave him a hug. She also punched him in the arm.
“Ow! What was that for?” He asked.
“For not believing me!” She answered.
“Sorry I know I should have, after all you are the one who has the dreams, not me!” He said. The Doctor looked at Ivy.
“What dreams?” He asked clearly intrigued.
“Oh nothing Doctor. So what are the Sontaran’s doing?” She asked avoiding the subject. The Doctor hesitated. Ivy was hiding something, something big.
“The Sontaran’s are getting ready to.... oh no no no no!” he shouted.
“What?” Ivy asked while looking over his shoulder.
“They are going to send a Code Red signal to Earth saying that everyone is attacking each other” He explained.
“But they’re not”
“We know that but Earth doesn’t. For all they know it’s true. Ugh typical Sontaran’s, all war and death, that’s all they care about.”
“What does that mean Doctor?” Jake asked.
“It means that the Sontaran’s are making the humans attack each other and kill everyone. I suppose it’s so they don’t have to deal with The Judoon for starting a war, technically they didn’t start it, the humans did” The Doctor said.
“But The Judoon can just track the signal. It will show that the Sontaran’s sent the signal”
“No, they’re clever; the signal will just send the Judoon on a wild goose chase to find the source”
“Can’t you cancel the signal? Surely with the Sontaran’s in Space it will take a while until the signal reaches Earth?” The Doctor turned to Ivy. Oh she was clever, he knew it. He tapped her on the nose.
“Well done Ivy, why didn’t I think of that? I must be getting slow with age” He said.
“Old? You look 20!” Jake said.
“Oh Jake, you know so little” The Doctor said while starting to make the signal. But something was itching Ivy’s brain. Something she was missing. She couldn’t think what it was. Then all of a sudden all she could see was The Doctor making the wrong decision and pressing the wrong buttons and instead of stopping the signal he sent it himself. And as fast as it came to Ivy the memory faded just as fast. She had seen this before, in one of her dreams a few nights ago. Rachel had fixed the signal so that when The Doctor tried to block it, it would do the opposite and send it.
“STOP!” Ivy shouted.
“What? What is it?” The Doctor asked.
“You’re doing it wrong. If you do that you’ll send the signal, not block it!” Ivy explained. She pressed the buttons she had been shown in her dreams.
“Ivy what are you doing?” The Doctor asked frantic.
 “The right thing. Stopping the signal” Ivy said. She turned to The Doctor and Jake. Two very different faces. One was disbelieving (The Doctor) and the other totally trusting (Jake). Just as she expected. She took a deep breath, hoping her dream was right, and pressed the final button. All Ivy could hear was The Doctor shouting “NO!”

Chapter 7

When Ivy opened her eyes she could see The Doctor looking very surprised at her and Jake holding his eyes tightly shut.
“How on Gallifry did you do that?” The Doctor asked. He looked at the control panel and then faced the screen. “Oh Commander Spars is sending us a message”
“Doctor! I don’t know how you have defeated us again but we will succeed next time” Commander Spars said as a matter of fact.
“There won’t be a next time Spars, I won’t let it happen” The Doctor answered.
“Too late again Doctor, you seem to be slowing, we are already leaving. Next time Doctor, next time” The imaged cut off and The Doctor just stood staring at the now empty screen.
“I’m not slow, I’m....”
“Just not as fast as you used to be?” Ivy answered. “Doctor you are getting old, you can’t run from that”
“No, I can’t you also can’t run from your dreams.” Ivy looked shocked at The Doctor. She had hoped that he would have forgotten about that. “What are they Ivy?”
“She’s had them since she was six year old. She had a dream about a car accident that we were supposed to be in but she stopped us going out that day, she saved our lives. Ever since then she’s had dreams about the future, along with the past. She had a dream a few nights ago about a control panel with a sequence of buttons to press, she told me about it and she said she felt as if she had to learn it, so she did. We have no idea why or how she gets them, but she does” Jake explained.
“Thanks Jake” Ivy said annoyed.
“That’s why your parents are scared of you. Because you can see the future” The Doctor said.
“Yeah” Ivy mumbled.
“Well that explains everything then, but why are you so ashamed of them?” The Doctor asked.
“Everyone who I have told has made fun of me, bullied me, abandoned me, betrayed me, everything bad you can think of really, so I keep myself to myself” Ivy explained.
“Ah but why did you trust me when I gave you that piece of paper?”
“Don’t know, just felt right”
“Hmmmm anyway we had better get out of here I want to lock this place up so no-one else gets in and has any wacky ideas, oh there's another new word, wacky” The Doctor said. Ivy smiled.
“What are we going to do with Rachel over there?” She asked.
“She shut herself down after she had done what she had been programmed to do, nothing to do other than leave her” He said solemnly.
They made their way out of the tunnel and towards the doors of the college. All the way The Doctor was fighting with himself deciding if Ivy should come with him. She had proved to be brave and willing to learn new things. She was lonely and had dreams that told the future, he was fascinated by her. He couldn’t not invite her along. They soon reached where The TARDIS was stopped.
“Funny that. I was just metres away from the control centre and yet I was taken away from here when I first arrived” The Doctor mused. He turned to face Ivy. She looked sad, as she thought he was going to leave her again. He opened The TARDIS door and smiled.
“You coming?” He asked.
“What?” Ivy asked.
“You want to come with me? You did well back there, you didn’t freak out like some people do in those situations” He looked at Jake “You can come to. Twins in the TARDIS never had that before”
“It’s not for me. Today was enough for a life time especially when you have Ivy as your sister” Jake said. “See ya Doctor, it was great meeting you”
“You too” Jake ran back to college and went back inside.
“Well?” The Doctor asked.
“Heck yeah I’m coming!” Ivy almost ran inside the TARDIS. She was amazed at what she saw. She saw a massive room that was easily 10 times the size of the outside. She saw a huge podium in the middle with lots of buttons, switches and wires. The whole thing felt alive and it also sounded it as well. It sounded as if it was breathing slowly in and out. The Doctor just smiled at her gaping at The TARDIS. He loved it when people did that.
“This is The TARDIS. It stands to Time and Relative Dimension in Space. It’s dimensionally transindentel which means....”
“It’s bigger on the inside” The Doctor looked at her “I guessed that much” The Doctor ran to the central column and started jumping to each station pressing different buttons and levers. The whole thing started to move.
“What’s happening?” Ivy asked “Are we moving?”
“Yeah”     
 “Where are we going?”
The Doctor smiled his infectious smile “I have no idea” Ivy laughed “Welcome aboard Ivy Godber!”
Report Spam   Logged

'An apple a day keeps the.....oh never mind!' - fifth Doctor

The 5th Doctor will always have a special place in my heart and will always be MY Doctor

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 11:15:12 pm »

Well I have read chapter 1 & 2 and it's great so far. Going to have to do the rest tomorrow though because my eyes are getting blurry. Nearly sleep time Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

missadric2
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 09:49:08 am »

Thank you Smiley I know its long but all my fanfics are I prefer to really get my teeth into every character and story
Report Spam   Logged

The 5th Doctor will always have a special place in my heart and will always be MY Doctor

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 11:28:29 am »

I've read most of it and it is pretty good. Maybe next time you could add it in a chapter at a time like some of the others have done. Its easier to digest that way
Report Spam   Logged
missadric2
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 12:13:18 pm »

Yeah I think ill do that next time haha well u learn from ur mistakes Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 12:28:37 am »

I've got through it all now and I think it's a really decent story. I do agree though that perhaps you should post it in chunks and then release maybe a part each day or week or something. I find big posts a bit daunting and tend to skip over them at times
Report Spam   Logged

missadric2
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 11:22:15 am »

Yeah I'm going to do that next time I'm going to post a new chapter every other day or something like that
Thanks for the feedback Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: