The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 12:49:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

An Episode All Your Own

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Episode All Your Own  (Read 421 times)
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« on: March 16, 2011, 07:37:13 pm »

Pretend Mr Moffat has contacted and asked you to write an episode for the show using any combination of doctor/companion/monster of your choosing.

Who/what would you go with and give a brief synopsis   Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 07:49:26 pm »

I'm going to give this some thought - I may or may not be back ...  Huh?  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
missadric2
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Peter Davison
Favourite Companion: Adric/ Amy Pond

Imagination is the key to Everything

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 3
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 07:54:46 pm »

Heck I wouldn't be able to write one I would be as high as kite cause I spoke to the moff man himself haha!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

'An apple a day keeps the.....oh never mind!' - fifth Doctor

The 5th Doctor will always have a special place in my heart and will always be MY Doctor

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 09:28:50 pm »

Heck I wouldn't be able to write one I would be as high as kite cause I spoke to the moff man himself haha!!!!

Imagine it's the next day and you've had time to calm down Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
missadric2
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 09:54:32 pm »

Haha I'd still be as high as a kite but I will have a think about it Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

The 5th Doctor will always have a special place in my heart and will always be MY Doctor

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 12:34:48 am »

Oh, I've thought about this, believe me, but I've still got several conflicting ideas.  I don't think I'd go for a contemporary earth-based one, but I'm torn between a history (perhaps classical Greece, which they've never really done) or another planet.  Or I'd love to do a time-based story.  I think I'd prefer not to use an established monster, though I certainly wouldn't turn down the chance to write about Daleks.

I haven't really thought about which Doctor or companion - when I've daydreamed about it, I've always assumed it would be the ones in place at the time.
Report Spam   Logged

2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 02:45:32 am »

I thought about it for about 10 seconds... Tongue

I would bring back the Zygons!!

PLOT:One zygon is transporting a Scarasen seperately to the main ship because they fear about carrying two in one ship, any way, something goes wrong and they end up crashing on Earth... (I know, an Earth story *rolls eyes*) Both Zygon and scarasen are injured and they crawl to safety. There is just enough working technology in the crashed ship for the Zygon to replicate one local. He convinces a local scientific centre to take in the Scarasen but it's condition doesn't change quickly and the Zygon becomes ill.

Enter the Doctor! Wink The ill Zygon in human form is wierding out the locals, he has very strange symptoms that seem to be spreading. This seems to be a simple case of returning the zygon to its ship  and fixing it and helping the scarasen and zygon to heal.

Enter other Zygons!  Shocked Oh no! The Doctor seems to be the enemy instead of the helping force he is!

*evil chuckle*

Traditional -> companion gets made in to a Zygon etc Doc gets angry... blah blah blah Tongue

Humans get angry and start to attack the zygon scarasen because they think it is spreading disease which causes the Zygons to get angry and take more humans till the Doc is with only a small band and trying to keep peace.

He contacts the Zygon, quotes some shadow proclamation blurb, tells them he can help fix the ships, if they give back the humans etc etc and it results in humans going behind the Docs back, pulling out the humans inside and the zygons shooting at the humans and

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Wink

Simple, traditional and if I knew which companions, easily adapted to the modern day, with no military and humans not working with the Doc and leaving him isolated because his companion(s) have just been put to sleep as they have no use now the Doc knows they are Zygons.

SIMPLE, you did ask and it is late Wink Ill think you up a better one 2moz Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 02:48:06 am »

Oh, I would only write for the current companions, so right now, Amy and Rory, which would be fun, because I imagine Rory would lead the band of disruptive humans to save Amy... *shrugs* Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
missadric2
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 09:44:36 am »

Argh still thinking.... But I would defo use the 11th doctor or actually the 5th oh hang on ill use both!!!! Nah, just the 11th oh but I love the 5th doctor....ah see this is what is going on in my head right now!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

2cajuman2
Faithful Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 02:10:21 pm »

I'd love to write a Multi Doctor one *dreams*

Something is going wrong in the TARDIS, things are going missing and moving, it is almost like someone else is living in the TARDIS. The Doctor and companions try and investigate, deep in the library they find a battered old TARDIS, deep into disrepair. They all stare at it. Inside, a shot of the door, a very classic TARDIS. "Oh dear, no, that is no good at all."
Outside, the current Doc walks up and knocks on it.

short complicated conversation through door...

The Doc turns and heads back to the console room the companions following. The Doc is playing with the controls in a stressed manner

Hate me if I stopped there? Wink I'm quite tempted to try fanfic this one tbh
Report Spam   Logged

??Cheeses + rising!
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 02:34:22 pm »

I'd love to do a multi doctor - possibly with 9/10/11 or 3 and 10. Sarah Jane/Donna as the companions with possibly Turlough just to add to the mix. If the Moff allowed maybe I'd borrow Clyde too. It would definitely have to have the Daleks but also something new. And most definitely not on Earth. Although having said that....if it had a timey wimey theme I maybe could work with it.

As for the plot...........haven't got that far. Tongue

Report Spam   Logged

missadric2
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 10:40:32 pm »

Ok iv finally worked it out haha after many an argument in my mind!!!!
11th Doctor with Amy and Rory
Synopsis;
Land on a spaceship and rory and the doctor get taken away for 'experiments' and it ends up going wrong they their subconscious minds are swapped so rory is in the doctors body and vice versa. More of a comedy episode amy takes the mick constantly while the doctor and rory are trying to get back into their own bodies Smiley
I'm actually doing this with my own characters in my fanfic Smiley but I would so give it up for the moff man Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 12:30:26 am »

Why is everyone leaning towards the current doctor/companions?  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

2cajuman2
Faithful Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 12:34:08 am »

Because I am a writer and therefore want to write current Tongue

But I haven't with MultiDoc... I mean, I have, but it features classics Docs too Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

??Cheeses + rising!
missadric2
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 09:32:36 am »

Oh don't get me wrong I would love to do a classic doctor but 11th I know the most about at the moment Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 10:56:00 am »

Fair enough Smiley

I have to admit I'm really keen for another multi doc story in the show. I guess I'm hoping The Moff will see this thread on one of his visits to the forum and think "Blimey - what a good idea" Cheesy Wink
Report Spam   Logged

missadric2
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 11:14:02 am »

Now that would be cool!!!! And I'm certain he would write it so well!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

2cajuman2
Faithful Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 03:58:39 pm »

I want as a min an 8/9/10/11 story Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

??Cheeses + rising!
SupremeDalek
Easily Exterminated
Favourite Doctor: David Tennant
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 05:17:45 pm »

Hm... I've written one where the Doctor accidentally returns to the Time War. The companion is Donna and he ends up fighting the Master more than the Daleks. It turned out pretty bad because I'm not a great writer, but I might send it to him and ask him to fix it up.

I won't say too much because, again, it's not that great, but basically the Master got sent back in the End of Time at the end (which the Doctor Doesn't know yet because the episode is right before Turn Left) and the T.A.R.D.I.S., already in the Time War, managed to fall in. He turns out to be the one to use the Genesis Ark (mentioned in Doomsday) and saves the universe, stops the Master from some stuff, that kind of thing. Like I said, not very good, but I'm sure there's a way to fix it...
Report Spam   Logged

"If you look at time from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: