The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 12:21:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Poll: Tooth And Claw

Poll
Question: Rate the story
5/5 - Absolutely amazing - 2 (11.1%)
4/5 - Really Good - 9 (50%)
3/5 - Not bad, not great - 5 (27.8%)
2/5 - Not impressed - 1 (5.6%)
1/5 - Shockingly bad - 1 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Tooth And Claw  (Read 467 times)
Dame Roger
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Second
Favourite Companion: Ace

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Poll Voter
« on: April 09, 2011, 12:58:08 am »

Happened to catch this on some Sky channel or other the other night. I have it on dvd, but it's just not really one I'd ever think to watch, mostly because I'd practically forgotten it existed. And, on rewatching it's not difficult to see why. It's by no means terrible, nowhere near the worst in that series (although since the same series produced Fear Her and Love And Monsters that's no huge achievement) and isn't without merit: Pauline Collins is superb as Queen Victoria, the story rattles along cheerfully enough, and I really liked the nice little touch of the Doctor choosing the name of a former companion when asked who he was - the perfect example of how to please the fans of the classic series without confusing those who aren't as familiar with it.
But somehow it's just unmemorable. There's nothing really special about it. It fills what would otherwise have been a rather confusing and annoying gap inbetween episodes one and three, and does so perfectly unobjectionably, but I doubt I'll be getting the dvd off the shelf any time soon for another watch.
Report Spam   Logged

"I'm reversing the jelly baby of the neutron flow."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: