The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 06:59:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Telegraph want Adventure Games axed

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Telegraph want Adventure Games axed  (Read 82 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: September 04, 2010, 12:46:15 pm »

Apparantly, the BBC is 'abusing' the license fee by creating the games and having a BBC news website, as they are not in the public interest. About the games, this was said..

“These are available as free downloads, so presumably the licence fee has  been plundered to fund this aspect of ‘UK creative economy’.

“We may applaud the resurrection of Doctor Who on television, but why does the BBC think that its charter covers the provision of electronic games?”

“The BBC must stop diverting licence-fee money to projects that have nothing to do with public service.”

Interestingly, despite the massive rant, the writer felt the need to keep their name off the article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/7968709/The-BBC-still-hasnt-got-the-message.html
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Whistler
Easily Exterminated

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 3 Webmaster
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 01:20:45 pm »

lol.  Good to see the Tories out in force in the comments section.  It's almost if Rupert Murdock got his Sky and Fox employees to flood it.
Report Spam   Logged

"Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but, vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." - The Doctor
Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 02:09:14 pm »

This whole situation with the Government and the BBC makes my blood boil, so it's probably best if I don't rant comment too much on it Sad
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Seren_y_Gogledd
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
Level 3 Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 12:17:43 pm »

I suppose none of it came from the money they make off merchandise etc? Actually, without the bit about the news website it sounds like yet another anti-videogame rant disguised as concern over public spending. (Though as a gamer I'm sensitive to rants of that sort, so might be imagining some of it)
Report Spam   Logged

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron, Final Fantasy X
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 05:19:04 pm »

I didn't think much of the games, but as freebies you can't complain.

I think whoever wrote that article should just (politely put) go away.

They clearly don't like Who or video games, so their comments are redundant.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: