The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 06:49:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

What Should Happen With SJA Now?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Should Happen With SJA Now?  (Read 588 times)
RiverandTheDoctor
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Tenth Doctor
Favourite Companion: River Song

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Topic Starter Level 1 10 Posts
« on: April 29, 2011, 04:13:31 am »

I don't think the show should be carried on without Sarah-Jane. That would be very disrespectful, IMO. I can understand why some people wouldn't want to have SJ's death handled on screen, but in the same token, it's The Doctor that lives on, while the companions do pass away, and I can also see how that would be a good - though sad - lesson for the young fans of the show.

Also, I'm sure the CBBC will want to keep the child audience they've developed with the SJA, but I can't see how they'd do a realistic spinoff with the remaining characters of Rani and Clyde unless they do recognize SJ's death. So if they don't do a spinoff of the SJA, then I could possibly see them doing a Jenny spinoff to fill the void (not the void of Lis Sladen's death or her show, as that can never be filled), but the void of the timeslot to keep the audience. They may or may not be able to work in Rani and Clyde. I've seen some people suggest Jenny crashing to Earth, although she was left in (I think) the 61st Century without time travel technology, so they'd have to work a way around that. (But it's sci-fi, so I don't think it'd be too hard.) They'd still have to address Sarah-Jane's absence though, so IDK.  Undecided

As Roranicus has said, the good thing (series wise) is that a finale was made, so the series can be actually rounded out as apposed to just stopping it short.

I had heard that the finale was shot, but I hope it doesn't end on a cliffhanger (especially a bad cliffhanger), because that would be a really unsettling series finale. If the finale ends on a happy note for SJ, then I'd be completely fine with that being the series finale and not needing to address her death in the show.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: