The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 16, 2024, 03:59:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Why was he running?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why was he running?  (Read 245 times)
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« on: April 23, 2011, 07:30:07 pm »

At the beginning of the episode the Doctor was on the run through history and as Amy said 'trying to get their attention', but why? It couldnt have been because of the death thing, because he sent that to them in a letter to summon them, so what was he up to?
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 07:48:55 pm »

Wasn't it just from the Silents?
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 08:36:55 pm »

That's a good point actually. I don't think it was from the silence as I have a feeling the Doctor who dies has already dealt with them. Though that doesnt really explain why the astronaut was in the water, etc.

He was trying to get Amy and Rory's attention for something though. Lets just hope it gets explained
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 10:31:39 pm »

That's a good point actually. I don't think it was from the silence as I have a feeling the Doctor who dies has already dealt with them. Though that doesnt really explain why the astronaut was in the water, etc.

He was trying to get Amy and Rory's attention for something though. Lets just hope it gets explained

I really hope it doesnt end up being one of those things that just is. He was spreading humself through history and they made a big deal of it, so I want to know why
Report Spam   Logged

hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 10:48:54 pm »

I thought it was just to get Amy and Rory's attention at first too, but then my thought was the Astronaut was who he was running from.... Which is probably true and I've just stated the obvious once again...  Embarrassed

The Doc is definitely running from something though, maybe it's just those people who chase him into the room at the start when he ends up hiding up the skirt of the woman...

Maybe he's running from himself, or Amy trying to protect her, or River because he doesn't want to find out the truth...

I don't know none of that probably makes sense... but hey...  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Hartnell chronowire
Easily Exterminated
Favourite Doctor: Matt smith/Tom Baker
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile
Poll Voter Level 3 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 10:00:22 pm »

I think he is running from the timelords, i think the end of the universe in the pandorica opens was a fixed point and he changed it and that brought the timelords back and now he is in big trouble

'he isn't the other he's a very naughty timelord!'
Report Spam   Logged

have you ever wondered what its like to wander in the fourth dimension
Paratus
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Tom Baker
Favourite Companion: Martha Jones

View Profile
Level 1 First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 11:46:07 pm »

Did anyone notice his eyes?? With the Future Doctor, his eyes were bright blue/green, and then his younger self has dark eyes.
Report Spam   Logged
DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 02:11:54 am »

Matt Smith has lovely green eyes.  Maybe it was just the lighting on the beach making them look brighter?

Who was that woman doing the painting of him?  Some historical figure I'm just not recognizing, or just some generic woman?
Report Spam   Logged
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 09:25:13 am »

I was just watching the Vampires of Venice this morning and the Sister of the Water said "We were running from the silence." So if that's anything to link the Doctor to, I think he's running from the silence too.... stated the obvious again haven't I?!  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 03:43:56 pm »

Thats a good point actually. I always just thought of that as part of the cracks, but perhaps its two different things. I know the Silents are different, but I just assumed in that respect that the silence was caused by the cracks rather than an ugly alien.

That said though, I don't think thats what he was running from. Perhaps he was running from death, simple as that. He knew when and where it was coming so he decided to spend two years being crazy first.
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
sailorjerry
Hatchling

Favourite Companion: Rose

View Profile
Level 1 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 09:09:11 pm »

That said though, I don't think thats what he was running from. Perhaps he was running from death, simple as that. He knew when and where it was coming so he decided to spend two years being crazy first.

I dunno, if I were about to die, I wouldn't send a note to my past self to go chase whatever it is that kills me. I agree with Amy, I think he trusts his friends (and himself) enough to re-write time and prevent his death. I may be wrong, but I think everyone kind of hopes that his demise isn't set in stone.
Report Spam   Logged
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 09:13:22 pm »

I dunno, if I were about to die, I wouldn't send a note to my past self to go chase whatever it is that kills me. I agree with Amy, I think he trusts his friends (and himself) enough to re-write time and prevent his death. I may be wrong, but I think everyone kind of hopes that his demise isn't set in stone.

That's what I kinda think too... He's always been on about how 'Time can be rewritten' so maybe now he's trying to prove it by getting his closest friends to re-write time and save him...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: