The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 10:48:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Joy of Jenny

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Joy of Jenny  (Read 545 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: September 05, 2010, 01:21:20 pm »

I read so much negativity concerning Jenny, but I always thought she was great, and I loved the episode too. I know loads of people have issues with the character for various reasons, but I liked her loads and would love to see her appear again. possible companion maybe? Any other fans here?
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Dame Roger
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Second
Favourite Companion: Ace

View Profile
Search Windows User Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 06:25:16 pm »

Not sure about making her a companion, but it'd be good to see her cross paths with her Dad again at some point. Show up unexpectedly mid-story, rescue the Doctor / get rescued by the Doctor, get confused about why he has a difference face, wave a cheery (possibly slightly annoyingly over-cheery) goodbye and be on her away, possibly to show up again some other series.
Report Spam   Logged

"I'm reversing the jelly baby of the neutron flow."
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 10:55:25 pm »

For reasons of taste and in keeping with the family audience I have desisted from posting a reply here. Suffice to say I would more than welcome an appearance from Gorgeo.. Sorry Georgia Moffat. In fact I think she would be a rather good companion for MS's iteration of the Doctor and would add a unique dynamic.
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 11:18:08 am »

Cheesy I would say feel free to put what you really feel, but I think even I might blush Tongue

There is no way that Jenny wont be touched upon(!) in some form again sometime soon. Whether it is in a comic or in the show itself or some other form. Now we know she exists, there is just too much potential story there that will go to waste otherwise
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 01:05:24 pm »

I dont know how I didnt see this thread before!! I adore Jenny and I cant wait for her to return (Its going to happen!!) I loved the way she was a bit cheeky with the Doctor in a way that a daughter is with her dad, though that kind of makes their real life relationship feel a little weird now. Or their relationship makes the on screen thing weird? Meh, I dunno. I do know though that I love the character and when that bit of regeneration energy escaped her lips at the end of the episode I was landed!
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten/Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile WWW
Windows User Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 09:17:50 pm »

I loved Jenny. From those first words "Hello dad" I was hooked on her. I love the confidence she has. I totaly think she should come back. But not in DW. Maybe she should meet the Doctor once. I'd love to see how that plays out. But after that, she should work for Torchwood. Who agrees? Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

#Doctor: Amy was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it... And so she kissed me. #Rory: And you kissed her back. #Doctor: No, I kissed her mouth. #Rory: Funny.

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

#Doctor: RUN!!!

#Doctor: Bowties are cool.

#Doctor: Fezzes are cool
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 09:23:15 pm »

Im sure, as I said above, that she will come back in some form. I dont think Torchwood, but I have a feeling she will end up with, at the very least, a comic series. Though another appearance in DW would be awesome
Report Spam   Logged

chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 12:36:19 pm »

I think it would be GREAT to have Jenny come back and do some episodes with 11.  We know she ran off to save worlds etc. so there's no reason why they shouldn't cross paths at some point.  That would be so much fun to watch!
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 11:33:18 am »

I have to say I'm surprised  she hasn't materialised again in one form or another. I had her down for at least one other appearance in DW...if not a spin off of her own. Undecided

Perhaps SJA for an ep....but not Torchwood. Definitely NOT Torchwood. Her and Jack in the same show??? Shocked Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
the Doctor companion
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: I love them all but 10th was funny 11th to and the 4th seems good to
Favourite Companion: love them all Rose was you know Rose Martha was epic to.

hurt Doctor companion and you will be extermanated

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 05:50:41 am »

people hate her? only saw one hater yeah I want her to guest star she needs her own t.v show.
Report Spam   Logged
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 03:30:52 pm »

people hate her? only saw one hater yeah I want her to guest star she needs her own t.v show.

Hate may be taking it a tad too far but the idea behind her was certainly not well accepted. As with most things people tend to have their own ideas of what can/can't happen. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
RiverandTheDoctor
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Tenth Doctor
Favourite Companion: River Song

View Profile
Topic Starter Level 1 10 Posts
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 08:49:41 pm »

I read so much negativity concerning Jenny, but I always thought she was great, and I loved the episode too. I know loads of people have issues with the character for various reasons, but I liked her loads and would love to see her appear again. possible companion maybe? Any other fans here?

Ditto, I could never understand the negativity over Jenny. On my list of favorite characters, she's second, listed right after River Song. As I'm typing this, though, I'm thinking of all the things I've read people say negatively about her (like being able to jump between the lasers) and I'm realizing there's a definite parallel here between her and River Song: both characters constantly get bashed because they parallel The Doctor's greatness. People will call them Mary-Sues, yet nobody ever calls The Doctor (or any of his parallels like Captain Jack or The Master) Gary-Stus. In fact, they're popular and praised constantly for all their quirks and "specialness." The only difference is that when women get to have and display abilities that are special and mind defying, suddenly they're dubed Mary-Sues. Nobody questioned when The Doctor threw a rock or something in "Human Nature" and created an impossibly complicated string of events to occur to keep...what was it, the piano from falling on the baby carriage? (I haven't seen the episode in a while.) But he stopped it from happening by throwing one thing at the exact right spot, at the exact right time. But does that make him a Gary-Stu? No. But Jenny, The Doctor's daughter who has been bred with the skills of a trained warrior, is a Mary-Sue because she can backflip through criss crossing lasers.  Huh? It's definitely not fair.

And anyway, I loved her to bits. I know Georgia Moffett just had a baby and all, but I still hold out hope that maybe in the future (before Matt leaves!) that we'll get to see Jenny (as played by Georgia) at least one more time. In fact, one of my dreams is for her to be a full time companion of The Doctor for a season or two. How brilliant would that be? And it would be refreshing to have familial dynamics in the TARDIS (again - even though I never watched the One and Susan years), which would also negate the sexual attraction in the TARDIS. (I also dream of Jenny meeting River one day, because I do believe River and The Doctor are married, and I think step-daughter and step-mom would get along brilliantly...much to The Doctor's dismay.  Grin)
Report Spam   Logged
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 10:50:24 am »

It was a cricket ball, for obvious reasons  Wink

I thought her episode stank worse than the fish people starring in it, but I really liked the character, mostly because Georgia rocks.
(and I think I share Chris' reasons also!)
DT is one lucky fella.
Report Spam   Logged

RiverandTheDoctor
Hatchling

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 11:55:55 am »

Huh? What's the significance of a cricket ball? Sorry, I'm not involved with sports/physical activity/anything of the like, so it's not obvious to me at all.

Georgia rocks.

Couldn't agree more!  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 11:58:23 am »

Huh? What's the significance of a cricket ball? Sorry, I'm not involved with sports/physical activity/anything of the like, so it's not obvious to me at all.

It's a reference back to the cricket loving fifth incarnation of the Doctor  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
RiverandTheDoctor
Hatchling

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 01:58:17 pm »

Oh, alrighty. Thanks!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print