The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 18, 2024, 03:50:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Baby Talk

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baby Talk  (Read 212 times)
Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« on: April 30, 2011, 11:42:09 pm »

When the Doctor and Amy were having that conversation towards the end of the episode, the one about the baby, was it just me or did it seem like we had missed a large portion of dialogue? Like there was something going on between the pair. When Rory came along, Amy did a bit to reassure him and then her and the Doctor shared a knowing look like they were in on something that none of us were. It seemed to me like we had missed a section of their conversation.

Also, why would Amy tell the Doctor she was pregnant if she wasn't completely sure? As someone who is pregnant, I know that even though I had my suspicions, I didnt tell a soul until I knew for sure. She seemed very definate when she told the Doctor and I just don't think you would do that only to be faced with a very embarrassing 'I was mistaken' conversation.

On top of that it made no difference to the plot at all! Nothing. It didnt take her character out of action, it was never really even mentioned again, so if she isnt pregnant then why would you even bother having it as part of the script? (though I think this last point is being discussed elsewhere)

So, do you think there was more to that conversation than we saw?
Report Spam   Logged

Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 11:57:15 pm »

I thought the same thing. At first I thought it was because the Doc was planning the secret scan, but I think its more than that. It certainly seemed like they were sharing a secret
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 12:47:28 am »

I agree with the last part. If she wasnt pregnant, or if at least her not being pregnant, wasnt relevent to the stories that are coming, then there would be no point in it being mentioned in the episode at all
Report Spam   Logged

chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 03:10:56 am »

But when he scanned her, the result fluctuated between a positive and negative result.  So does that mean that she both is and isn't pregnant somehow?  That the baby is in temporal flux or something?  I am sure it's not the last we have heard of it...
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 11:00:26 am »

But when he scanned her, the result fluctuated between a positive and negative result.  So does that mean that she both is and isn't pregnant somehow?  That the baby is in temporal flux or something?  I am sure it's not the last we have heard of it...

Temporal flux! - thank you. I've been trying to remember how that result could be described since the episode finished  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 01:03:30 pm »

I agree with the last part. If she wasnt pregnant, or if at least her not being pregnant, wasnt relevent to the stories that are coming, then there would be no point in it being mentioned in the episode at all

Exactly. No point putting it in there just for the sake of mentioning it if it isnt going to come to anything. She must be/have been pregnant at some point during this series, I am sure of it
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 11:13:55 pm »

I think it is something that the Silents made her believe. Why else would she say it without finding out first. She didnt say 'I think I am pregnant' she said 'I am pregnant', like a fact. You wouldnt do that unless you knew for sure or unless an alien race mind zapped you and convinced you that you were.
Report Spam   Logged
Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 12:09:54 pm »

I think it is something that the Silents made her believe. Why else would she say it without finding out first. She didnt say 'I think I am pregnant' she said 'I am pregnant', like a fact. You wouldnt do that unless you knew for sure or unless an alien race mind zapped you and convinced you that you were.

Exactly. That's my point. Amy doesnt strike me as an attention seeker, but if she knowingly said that without actually being pregnant...? There has to be something more to it. I like the idea that she has been brainwashed
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: