The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 09:34:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Thor

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thor  (Read 73 times)
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« on: May 05, 2011, 11:15:39 am »

Im off to watch it this weekend. Anyone seen it? Is it any good?
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 11:32:12 am »

I've seen it - that's what I was doing last week instead of attending the re-watch!

I'm a total sucker for superhero things so I was never going to give this a miss, although I have to admit there were many things that could potentially have gone wrong with it. I mean all superhero things are extraordinary but this one is so far removed from reality that it could have been quite ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

I thought it was fantastic. It looks absolutely amazing, especially the stuff set in Asgard & it moves quite effortlessly between that realm & our more mundane real world. It's funny, epic & believable. The cast are pretty spot on too.

Oh & not that you probably care but Chris Hemsworth without a shirt - yum!  Tongue

Those are my thoughts. I hope you enjoy it too. And make sure you stay til the very end of the titles!!!
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 12:26:29 pm »

I really want to see this. Ive heard brilliant things about it despite most people thinking it was going to be a disaster, so I think it is worth a look.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 06:32:56 pm »

I've heard mixed things about this but I think it is one of those things tou have to see for yourself. I mainly want to see it for the tie in to The Avengers and it surely has to be better than Hulk
Report Spam   Logged
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 08:13:48 pm »

I'm watching the late showing of this tonight. All the ealier showings were booked out so we are seeing it at 9.30. Hopefully popcorn and lots of still Fanta will keep me awake
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 09:08:27 pm »

I've seen it - that's what I was doing last week instead of attending the re-watch!

I'm a total sucker for superhero things so I was never going to give this a miss, although I have to admit there were many things that could potentially have gone wrong with it. I mean all superhero things are extraordinary but this one is so far removed from reality that it could have been quite ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

I thought it was fantastic. It looks absolutely amazing, especially the stuff set in Asgard & it moves quite effortlessly between that realm & our more mundane real world. It's funny, epic & believable. The cast are pretty spot on too.

Oh & not that you probably care but Chris Hemsworth without a shirt - yum!  Tongue

Those are my thoughts. I hope you enjoy it too. And make sure you stay til the very end of the titles!!!

Are you kidding? That's the only reason I'm allowing myself to be dragged there Tongue

I'm sure it will be good though. I like superhero stuff normally so I am hoping this will be just as good
Report Spam   Logged

Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 04:15:07 pm »

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Are you kidding? That's the only reason I'm allowing myself to be dragged there Tongue

I'm sure it will be good though. I like superhero stuff normally so I am hoping this will be just as good

Haha Exterminate you sly dog!! Tongue Azn

You and PRG have impeccable tastes. I remember when he was in H&A years ago always with his top off Roll Eyes Evil

And I'm sure the rest of the film is watchable too Tongue I was supposed to be seeing it on Saturday but that would mean missing DW and I just wasnt willing Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 04:26:45 pm »

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Haha Exterminate you sly dog!! Tongue Azn

You and PRG have impeccable tastes. I remember when he was in H&A years ago always with his top off Roll Eyes Evil

He looks even better now - he's really bulked up for this movie. I went to see it my mates (all male) & got teased because I let an audible phwoar escape me! I never say anything about them doing to women!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 04:38:18 pm »

Haha they want to count themselves lucky you stopped at 'phwoar'. Men never do.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 04:49:52 pm »

Haha they want to count themselves lucky you stopped at 'phwoar'. Men never do.

True  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 11:28:13 pm »

I watched this last night. I was suprisingly impressed. I'm familiar with the story and I thought it was going to end up seeming really stupid on the screen, and it was in parts, but on the whole it was pretty good.

I didnt let out any 'phwoars' though! Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 12:44:50 pm »

If I may be so bold...

Best. Superhero. Movie. Ever.

I thought Iron Man was good, but Thor exceeded all my expectations by a country mile, and I was dying to see it!

Captain america has a lot to live up to.
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 12:55:45 pm »

I watched them filming some of Captain America. They did up the backstreet behind my office to look like 1940's/50's New York a few months ago and were there for a couple of days. They dressed the set amazingly and the stunts and stuff looked really cool. They do a lot of filming around here. We got to watch them filming some of Sherlock (the movie, not the show) a while back too.
Report Spam   Logged

thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 09:36:27 am »

Very jealous, Doc! Closest I've ever been to watching filming (outside of my college course) is having the cast/crew of Taggart use the car park of our old office as a filming base for a week.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: