The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 08:41:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Three More Books Announced

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Three More Books Announced  (Read 77 times)
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« on: May 05, 2011, 04:02:45 pm »

3 more hardback books have been announced for release. Borrowed Time, Touched by an Angel and Paradox Lost.

Doctor Who: Borrowed Time (Hardback)
by Naomi Alderman

‘You want more time Mr Brown, of course you do. We all want more time. Let me make you an offer…’

Andrew Brown never has enough time. No time to call his sister, or to prepare for that important presentation at the bank where he works.

The train’s late, the lift jams. If only he’d had just a little more time. And time is the business of Mr Symington and Mr Blenkinsop.

They’ll lend him some – at a very reasonable rate of interest.

Detecting a problem, the Doctor, Amy and Rory go undercover at the bank. But they have to move fast to stop Symington and Blenkinsop before they cash in their investments.

A thrilling all-new adventure featuring the Doctor, Amy and Rory, as played by Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill in the spectacular hit series from BBC Television.

256 pages due for release on 23/06/2011

Doctor Who: Touched by an Angel (Hardback)
by Jonathan Morris

‘The past is like a foreign country. Nice to visit, but you really wouldn’t want to live there.’

In 2003, Rebecca Whitaker died in a road accident. Her husband Mark is still grieving. He receives a battered envelope, posted eight years ago, containing a set of instructions with a simple message: “You can save her.”

As Mark is given the chance to save Rebecca, it’s up to the Doctor, Amy and Rory to save the whole world. Because this time the Weeping Angels are using history itself as a weapon.

A thrilling all-new adventure featuring the Doctor, Amy and Rory, as played by Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill in the spectacular hit series from BBC Television.

Doctor Who: Paradox Lost (Hardback)
by George Mann

‘The Squall feed on psychic energy. They spread like a plague and if they are not stopped they will strip the Earth clean…’

London 1910: an unsuspecting thief finds himself confronted by grey-skinned creatures that are waiting to devour his mind.

London 3189: the remains of an ancient android are dredged from the Thames.

When reactivated it has a warning that can only be delivered to a man named ‘the Doctor’.

The Doctor and his friends must solve a mystery that has spanned over a thousand years. If they fail, the deadly alien Squall will devour the world.

Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 04:16:43 pm »

Ooh I'm well excited for that Touched By An Angel one....  Cheesy Might have to get my pre-order in... only thing about this time of year is that I end up spending all my money on Doctor Who stuff  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 04:20:30 pm »

Yea the Angel one sounds the best of the lot.
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 05:30:02 pm »

Arthur Davill really doesn't photograph well does he

Anyway, Borrowed Time sounds the best of the three
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 09:59:45 pm »

Pre-ordered these this morning on Amazon for £13.20 or something (good thing about preorder there is that if the price goes down you pay the lowest price, and if it goes up you pay the lowest too). Can't wait for them to come  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 10:19:16 pm »

I've heard of Jonathan Morris but the other two seem like new names on the block? I go with the consensus - I think the Angels one sounds like a cracking read!
Report Spam   Logged

hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 10:21:16 pm »

I've hear of Jonathan Morris but the other two seem like new names on the block? I go with the consensus - I think the Angels one sounds like a cracking read!

Ooh hadn't noticed that! We;ve had a Mark Morris for the novels but not a Jonathan Morris.... a quick scan of my Who books (practically all since 2005  Embarrassed ) and yeah agree with you there, all new ones  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: