The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 04:57:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Through the looking glass...to another time and place?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Through the looking glass...to another time and place?  (Read 101 times)
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« on: May 08, 2011, 02:17:30 pm »

So, after having watched Curse of the Black Spot one thing that I can't get out of my head is how the mirrors/windows were basically gateways to another dimension/time stream.  When they are on the space ship, they are able to see through the window into the pirate ship very much like was done in The Girl in the Fireplace.  But what struck me as more interesting is that the doctor commented on feeling like he was being watched, which they kind of were, and I flashed to the moment in DOTM where Amy was in the room with the Silents and she looks out the window and sees River instead of her own reflection.  Could it be that Amy was looking into another dimension/time stream and River was looking back from the other side, wherever that may be?

Any one else catch that or am I over thinking it?
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 02:28:31 pm »

I didnt realise in DOTM that it was River staring back. I thought it was a Silent.

I think that other dimensions/realities/time streams etc will play a heavy part in thei series and I think when we get to the end it is all going to be about the choices that were made to get there which in turn shapes the place where they end up if that makes sense. It has been said in the past that travel between realities and dimensions is practically impossible (unless you really want Rose in an episode, in which case you write around it), but in this episode it was like they just strolled between the two. I think it will definately play a bigger part later in the series and may also explain [spoiler]why we see Tens TARDIS[/spoiler]
Report Spam   Logged

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 06:17:17 pm »

I see where you both are coming from but this makes it sound like another 'realities are bleeding together' and we have already done that. Thats not to say we won't see it again and its a good theory, I just hope it isnt right
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 06:38:30 pm »

I didnt notice River in the reflection either. I thought it was just Amy
Report Spam   Logged
missadric2
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Peter Davison
Favourite Companion: Adric/ Amy Pond

Imagination is the key to Everything

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 3
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 09:28:19 am »

Maybe you're right about seeing the [spoiler]TARDIS[/spoiler]  they could be looking through a mirror or something else and that's how it could show it
Report Spam   Logged

'An apple a day keeps the.....oh never mind!' - fifth Doctor

The 5th Doctor will always have a special place in my heart and will always be MY Doctor

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 09:52:36 am »

MissAdric2 I've spoiler tagged your post as you have mentioned something from within a previous tag  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 04:08:58 pm »

The rules of going between dimensions and realities are bending a bit much for my liking. I don't want to make this a canon argument, but all that business with Rose for TWO YEARS! would now be totally pointless. It also might mean she could come back and I just aint ready for that.
Report Spam   Logged

missadric2
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Peter Davison
Favourite Companion: Adric/ Amy Pond

Imagination is the key to Everything

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 3
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 11:32:24 am »

Oops sorry haha completely forgot to tag it thanks Poprock Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

'An apple a day keeps the.....oh never mind!' - fifth Doctor

The 5th Doctor will always have a special place in my heart and will always be MY Doctor

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 06:33:10 pm »

The rules of going between dimensions and realities are bending a bit much for my liking. I don't want to make this a canon argument, but all that business with Rose for TWO YEARS! would now be totally pointless. It also might mean she could come back and I just aint ready for that.

I am with you on this one fella. I am not a big canon lover but some things should just be left, especially when they are so heavily ingrained. Also as you say, it could lead to Rose returning and nobody wants that Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: