The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 20, 2024, 04:36:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

My Theory bassed on the first three episodes i've seen in series 6.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Theory bassed on the first three episodes i've seen in series 6.  (Read 109 times)
Nanodragon8
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: David Tennant
Favourite Companion: Rose Tyler/Captain Jack

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Topic Starter Level 1 10 Posts
« on: May 10, 2011, 10:18:37 pm »

This is my theory. In the first episode of series six Amy is desperately trying to tell the Doctor something because the silence planted it in her mind. “Tell the Doctor what he must know and what he must never know” now a lot of people assumed this was the fact that in the future he is killed by the mysterious stranger in the Apollo 11 suit. But I don’t think so that’s just too easy. I think the thing that the Silence is referring to is something else entirely. The Silence show them self too you and then they disappear from your memory leaving ideas in your head. In theory the Silence could make the Doctor and Amy conceive a child. I think this happened between the future Doctor who died on the beach and Amy. I think Amy knows what happened. She can’t tell the doctor because that could create a paradox. At the end of episode two the following dialog can be observed.

Doctor: Are you Ok?
Amy: Im fine, heads a bit sore
Doctor: That’s not what I was asking, you told me you were pregnant
Amy: Yes
Doctor: How?
Amy: I was, well I thought I was turns out I wasn’t
Doctor: No, why did you tell me?
Amy: Cause you’re my friend…my best friend
Doctor: Did you tell Rory?
Amy: No
Doctor: Amy why tell me and not tell Rory
Amy: Why do you think? I travelled with you in this TARDIS for so long, all that time, even if I was pregnant wouldn’t it have had an effect? I don’t wanna tell Rory that this baby might have three heads or like a time head or something.

I think Amy looks way too uncomfortable during this scene and it would explain the real reason she would tell the Doctor and not Rory. We also see a scene with the doctor observing a pregnancy test on the monitor which is blinking between Positive and Negative. I think this could be Timelord DNA perhaps the baby phasing in and out of time zones and I think that having this Timelord baby inside her is having side effects on Amy. In the Second and Third episode Amy see’s a woman appear through a panel in the door/wall. In the first the woman says “No, I think she’s just dreaming” and in the second “It’s Fine, You’re doing fine just stay calm” This has to be a nurse delivering a baby.

“I can see everything, all that is, all that was, all that ever could be” I think Amy is getting a glimpse of the future through the Timelord living in her womb. The child in episodes one and two is Amy’s child as the photo in the room suggests. At some point that child is going to end up in the early 1960s and will grow up there under carful watch from the Silence. As stated the Silence are parasites and you might ask why would they need a Timelord child. The last time the Doctor saw the attempt at a Tardis shown at the end of episode two was in the episode “The Lodger” the episode didn’t explain who built the Tardis or why and in that episode the Tardis was looking for a Timelord to pilot it. What ever happened at the end of that episode must have made the Doctor ineligible to Pilot it. This is why the Silence need another Timelord.

Tell me what you guys think.
Report Spam   Logged
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 10:37:46 pm »

I've moved this into our Series 6 section & as it covers the first three eps I've dropped it into the Curse of the Black Spot board.

EDIT I've also removed the identical thread you placed in Mission to the Unknown - we don't allow multiple copies of the same thread.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 01:43:03 am »

Personally, I dismiss, refute and reject the idea, the concept and the plausibility of it being Amy + The Doctor.

It would only be that, in my opinion of course, if the Silence had taken the TimeLord DNA, restructured it into an Embryo and placed it inside Amy.

Neither of them would go further than Best Friends, it just isn't that kind of relationship.... And until it is on screen and undeniable, I will not accept it Smiley Just because they don't remember when they look away doesn't mean that they would do stuff they wouldn't normally do...

Wouldn't you be uncomfortable talking about an apparent pregnancy you blurted out about seconds before shooting a kid in a spacesuit? Especially when you haven't told your other half...

I agree, that potentially the Lodger abandoned console could have been for the child, but it was abandoned.... We don't know how long for... It might have been there for a year, 5 years, 6 months... etc etc
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 01:43:54 am »

I would write more but every other word has a typo and I'm about to fall asleep on the keyboard Smiley (I correct the typos before posting)
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
Nanodragon8
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: David Tennant
Favourite Companion: Rose Tyler/Captain Jack

View Profile
Topic Starter Level 1 10 Posts
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 07:42:58 am »

Hmm this is true they wouldn’t knowingly do anything like this but if the silence planted the idea in their heads. It’s probable that if my theory is close enough to the truth it would be like you said. The silence planted the child there. But I still think there is something else than Amy knows. It could just be her acting but I think she’s a lot more awkward in some of the scenes than she ever was in series five.
Report Spam   Logged
Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 12:25:23 pm »

I agree with the idea that maybe the Silence planted the idea in Amy's head, or even went some way to actually making her pregnant (though I have discussed this elsewhere on the forum and think it would e quite innapropriate), I don't think that the baby will end up being the Doctor's. It would turn the show into too much of a soap opera and spin stories in too personal a direction and that isnt what the show should be about. It could happen, but I don't think it will
Report Spam   Logged

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 01:52:19 pm »

Despite our showrunner currently being in my bad books, I still have faith that he won't turn the show into TardisEnders. I think there will be a wibley wobley timey wimey explanation of all of this. I think the baby will be her and Rory's - but I do think the alternate time line theory will definitely play a part. We've got a dead Doctor from TIA and a regenerating child in DOTM - I can't help but think these all tie up in a way.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 04:25:09 pm »

I honestly don't think I would be able to cope if there was a babydaddy drama in the series and if it went one step further and turned out that Doctor was actually the father I think I would have to tune out until Moff got his act together or moved on. I have said it before and I will say it again... This show is about the Doctor and his companions going on adventures to other worlds and points in time and fighting the occasional bad guy. The TARDIS is not the place for Jeremy Kyle style paternity stories. I would hope that Moffat has more sense than to even hint at at
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: