The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 06:48:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Crazy week of cancellations in US TV

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy week of cancellations in US TV  (Read 73 times)
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« on: May 14, 2011, 09:17:03 am »

Thought I'd cobble together a thread on this, as a heck of a lot of shows (some deserving, others not) were axed in America this week.
We also got the news of Ashton Kutcher replacing Charlie Sheen on 2 & a Half Men - surprising as the only good thing he's done is Demi Moore (I had to!! Evil).

Cancelled this week:

Lie to Me
Human Target
Traffic Light
Breaking In
The Chicago Code
The Event
Law & Order: LA
Outsourced
V
No Ordinary Family
Detroit 1-8-7
Brothers & Sisters
Off the Map
Mr. Sunshine
Better With You

I think I got everything there.

For me, there are 3 shows there which didn't deserve it at all (you may have seen my angry twitter posts)

Breaking In is an extremely funny sitcom about a security firm headed by Christian Slater. It's pretty much geek heaven & showed a lot of signs of being a Scrubs replacement (but without the unlikeable lead).
The Chicago Code IMO very good Cop drama from Shawn Ryan, starring Jennifer Beals as the Chicago Police Comissioner taking on corruption at all levels.
Human Target I don't think I know anyone who didn't love this show. The action packed adventures of Christopher Chance & his team was a lot of fun, the cast had great chemistry & the only reason I can think of is that someone butchered the theme tune for series 2.

Anyone else lose a fave show this week?

(shameless plug - there's lots more details over at Sandi's Spoiler TV site http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/spoilertv-cancellation-predicator-table.html
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 10:19:41 am »

No faves in there although I have been watching No Ordinary Family & I'm led to believe that the last ep (which AFAIK is on here in the UK this week) ends on a cliffhanger so that's a bit of a bummer.

Can't say I'm surprised to see The Event go. I gave up on it at the hiatus as I couldn't remember where it left off & had no inclination to remind myself!
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 10:58:05 am »

I read this morning that Brothers and Sisters might be getting a shortened 13 ep final season but the network are yet to make a decision. I don't watch it but I thought it worth mentioning since I saw it earlier and this thread is relevent. The only one of those I watch is No Ordinary Family, and I am dissapointed by that, but totally expected it. It dropped like 10 million viewers in one series
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 01:17:31 pm »

I was really enjoying Breaking In - it had so much potential!  And it was hilarious!  Sad to see it go Sad
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 01:40:45 pm »

Rumours abound that Fox is having a rethink on Breaking In due to massive twitter fan support.
They are making a final decision on Monday. (crosses fingers)
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 10:30:21 pm »

I don't watch it but I heard United States of Tara went today if anyone watches it.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: