The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 08:46:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Changing Gender

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing Gender  (Read 438 times)
Dame Roger
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Second
Favourite Companion: Ace

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Poll Voter
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 09:50:19 pm »

(although I can't believe in the try-out system Romana uses)

Ah well she got much higher marks at the Academy the the Doctor, so she's probably much better at these kind of things. Kinda like the Doctor still needs stabilisers on his bike while she's doing wheelies!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

"I'm reversing the jelly baby of the neutron flow."
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 03:00:50 am »

lol DR

I am very against the Doc becoming a woman, but I am also the type of person who doesn't like to discard something before watching it or analysing all the facts Smiley I would watch at the very least the first episode....

I think it is all about the words, the theory and the delivery, if they are stella then I would give them a chance, personally, I wouldn't risk it on the mainstream... I'm all for writing a spinoff play and playing the Doc though Wink (And it is fun!)
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
Peri
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: David Tennant
Favourite Companion: Sarah Jane, Donna Noble and Rose Tyler

it's a ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff

View Profile
Multiple Badge Holder Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 05:21:24 am »

OK, this might be the most stupid theory ever, but with the Moff one can never know... What if for some reason the Doctor CHOOSES to regenerate into the girl we saw in the first episode? And then, the regeneration we see at the end of the TDOTM is actually the Doctor turning into Matt again? They did say they were going to address the issue of the 12th regeneration at some point... What if him turning into a female (for whatever reason) is the key and he finds out now?
Meh... I'm totally against the Doctor being a girl... I wouldn't mind Omega or even the Master ffs! But not HIM!!!
Report Spam   Logged

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 11:28:59 pm »

OK, this might be the most stupid theory ever, but with the Moff one can never know... What if for some reason the Doctor CHOOSES to regenerate into the girl we saw in the first episode? And then, the regeneration we see at the end of the TDOTM is actually the Doctor turning into Matt again? They did say they were going to address the issue of the 12th regeneration at some point... What if him turning into a female (for whatever reason) is the key and he finds out now?
Meh... I'm totally against the Doctor being a girl... I wouldn't mind Omega or even the Master ffs! But not HIM!!!

Actually, that's not remotely a stupid theory, and it's quite plausible.  If that's the case, maybe it wouldn't be a matter of having to get used to a female Doctor, just the idea that he's female for a while.
Report Spam   Logged

Peri
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: David Tennant
Favourite Companion: Sarah Jane, Donna Noble and Rose Tyler

it's a ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff

View Profile
Multiple Badge Holder Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 12:08:25 am »

Actually, that's not remotely a stupid theory, and it's quite plausible.  If that's the case, maybe it wouldn't be a matter of having to get used to a female Doctor, just the idea that he's female for a while.
Yeah... Moff's got my head spinning... Like of all the theories I've got in my mind right now, it's the one that would bother me the less... I thought the girl might be River (after lots of thought twisting and twirling, and going round Idris comment on how the only water in the River is the forest) Like maybe the doctor finds a way of getting River out of the library she got stuck in FotD by turning her into a Time Lord, err Lady... But then, what would be the point of even mentioning Time Lords could change gender? Right? I'm liking my theory more and more (the one about the lil girl being the doc, cuz she's already regenerating, lol) And also, the little issue of the doctor being dead dead in a couple centuries!
Report Spam   Logged

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: