The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 06:41:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Who would you cast as the 12th Doctor?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would you cast as the 12th Doctor?  (Read 1515 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 10:30:30 pm »

Oh, he would make a brilliant Master. This should be done
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2010, 11:06:30 pm »

Oh, he would make a brilliant Master. This should be done

I wanted Sean for the doctor and Timothy Dalton as the master Roll Eyes  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 11:08:31 pm »

I don't think I know who he is. Well I mean I know who he is obviously, but
don't think I've seen him in anything
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 11:42:35 am »

That would've been a good shout there Mandy, but I was happy with Timothy Dalton & his spittle of doom playing Rasillon (sp).

No love for Richard Coyle here then? Anyone? Nope?
Very underated in my humble opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 01:08:33 pm »

That would've been a good shout there Mandy, but I was happy with Timothy Dalton & his spittle of doom playing Rasillon (sp).

No love for Richard Coyle here then? Anyone? Nope?
Very underated in my humble opinion.

I was VERY happy with Timothy Dalton....full stop Cheesy  Wink

Richard Coyle? Hmmm....liked most things I've seen him in. Really enjoyed 'STRANGE'. Yes..could see it working Cool

Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 08:36:12 pm »

I was really, really surprised to see Coyle play the older brother of Jake Gyllenhal in Prince of Persia!
He was great in it too!

Really talented bloke - most folk love him from Coupling I'd imagine, but he's got a lot of talent for sure.

Timothy Dalton is class, wonder if they can find a way to bring him back?
After all, if the Omega rumours are true at all, Rasillon was involved wasn't he?
(wracks brain for old school Who facts...... Undecided )
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 09:15:58 pm »

Now I've put my brain in gear and actually remembered who Richard Coyle is (it's slow sometimes!) I fully support this motion. Loved him in Going Postal  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2010, 10:10:55 pm »

I've never even heard of him
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2010, 10:27:34 pm »

I've never even heard of him

Here ya go!
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0185404/

Really, really talented!
I'd even settle for a guest star spot to be honest, I just enjoy his work.
Report Spam   Logged

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 08:35:56 am »

This is one of my very favourite things to think about - new Doctors (although I am loving the way Matt Smith is growing into the role and hope to see him develop for many years to come). Heartily agree with OP about Bill Nighy, although wonder when MS is done if he might not be a bit too old (for that reason I'm discounting my all time favourite for the role, Roy Marsden - anyone who has seen him in Sandbaggers will know what an amazing presence he has but, alas, years have caught him up). Would also like to throw another Sherlock alumni into the mix; Martin Freeman. I know he is typecast as the "laid-back every man" but I rather think he would confound us and pleasantly. Can't argue with Richard Coyle to be honest Smiley but my real suggestion is this; how about David Morrissey? I know we'd have 'The Next Doctor' issues to contend with (but I am sure we could get around that with a bit of creative thinking).

(If its a blank cheque, wish-list (and I do know this is impossible) but if Liam Neeson became available, I would be delighted to see him) 
Report Spam   Logged

Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 11:00:26 am »

(If its a blank cheque, wish-list (and I do know this is impossible) but if Liam Neeson became available, I would be delighted to see him) 

Ooo now there's an idea. Liam Neeson would be a great Doctor. I've seen some of his work, and I particularly loved him as Qui-Gon in Star Wars Grin
Report Spam   Logged

There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... me!
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 02:19:11 pm »

I can really see Neeson doing a brilliant job. He'd be able to play wisdom and power and gentle and brilliance. If I was given Emperor status of the Universe my first task would be make Liam Neeson play 3 seasons (and 4 specials) as the Doctor. After that I'd move on to poverty and disease Wink

(This is all, of course completely impossible)
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 02:20:59 pm »

I was really, really surprised to see Coyle play the older brother of Jake Gyllenhal in Prince of Persia!
He was great in it too!

Really talented bloke - most folk love him from Coupling I'd imagine, but he's got a lot of talent for sure.

Timothy Dalton is class, wonder if they can find a way to bring him back?
After all, if the Omega rumours are true at all, Rasillon was involved wasn't he?
(wracks brain for old school Who facts...... Undecided )

When it comes to Timothy Dalton facts/canon/time should be re- written Grin Wink

Liam Neeson? As the doctor? Hmmm....no. In the show? Maybe...although he's not a great one for tv is he...unless he appears as himself Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 02:31:03 pm »

Absolutely agree it is a virtual impossibility (although I would say look at the US dramas with Martin Sheen, Michael J. Fox, Rob Lowe, Lawrence Fishbourne all willing to make the shift from big screen to little) BUT you are right, there is not a hope in hades of Neeson actually doing the gig.

As for canon, I've said in another post, IMHO you can throw it all out of the window as far as I'm concerned as long as I get a good story - hence my 'real' Doctor being David Morrissey (though Dalton would be awesome as well) Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 05:16:40 pm »

As great as it would be to have Neeson play the Doctor, I gotta agree. The chances of him actually signing up to the gig are slim to none.

Still, it'd be great to see anyone American - or even Canadian - play the Doctor. I know the Doctor tends to visit the UK more than anywhere else, but these days that doesn't mean he neccesarilly has to be from the UK.
Report Spam   Logged

There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... me!
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 06:27:33 pm »

There is something about Liam Neeson that grates my cheese. Every time I see him in something, I just want to switch over, no matter how much I may have been enjoying previously. He always seems to suck the life out of a scene. IMO anyways
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 07:51:41 pm »

Still, it'd be great to see anyone American - or even Canadian - play the Doctor. I know the Doctor tends to visit the UK more than anywhere else, but these days that doesn't mean he neccesarilly has to be from the UK.

I may be wrong but I can't see the part going to anyone BUT a Brit Smiley They had the ideal opportunity to break the mould with the tv movie but they went with McGann. Kind of speaks volumes Wink

Report Spam   Logged

Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 08:16:25 pm »

I may be wrong but I can't see the part going to anyone BUT a Brit Smiley They had the ideal opportunity to break the mould with the tv movie but they went with McGann. Kind of speaks volumes Wink

That's the annoying part. An opportunity like that is unlikely ever to happen again. It's a damn shame 'cause an American or Canadian Doctor would be so much fun
Report Spam   Logged

sleekituk
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
Windows User Poll Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2010, 10:09:15 pm »

Blank cheque? Hugh Laurie - with an American accent and a walking stick  Tongue

Realistically?

Oh  I can't be a realist - Hugh Laurie or noone Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The Doctor: Do you know like we were saying, about the earth revolving? It's like when you're a kid, the first time they tell you that the world is turning and you just can't quite believe it 'cause everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it.
Iceman
Global Moderator
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: The Doctor
Favourite Companion: Captain Jack Harkness

Hey, it's me!

View Profile WWW
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2010, 10:11:27 pm »

Blank cheque? Hugh Laurie - with an American accent and a walking stick  Tongue

Realistically?