The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 04:40:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

[Spoiler] Returns?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Spoiler] Returns?  (Read 339 times)
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« on: February 06, 2012, 08:54:49 pm »

At the Melbourne Doctor Who Symphony Proms thingy, which was hosted by Mark Sheppard, he apparantly kept dropping hints that he would be returning to the show for series 7. This is based on a few things I have been reading online from people who have attended and there doesn't seem to be any direct quotes but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I for one would be over the moon with this news. I have the feeling that there is more to come from him and how he came to be invited to the beach in TIA. He was a brilliant character so I really hope he isn't just teasing and does make a return.
Report Spam   Logged
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 09:36:42 pm »

I'd be very happy with to see him come back. I loved the flirty rapport he had with the Doctor. Another couple of episodes with him would go down very well with me.

Also, I changed the title because even though its speculation its showing up on the main board and people avoiding spoilers won't know that Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 01:48:14 pm »

Canton was excellent. I'd love for him to return. Not full time or anything, but a couple of episodes with him would be great.
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 03:26:38 pm »

I loved Canton's character, I really hope the rumors are true.  If he's one of the Doctor's most trusted friends, he *has* to come back at some point, right?!   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 08:27:03 pm »

I'd be delighted to see Canton again.
Report Spam   Logged

Kovarians-Eye-Patch
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Companion: Martha Jones

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary Level 4
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 11:13:16 pm »

I suppose it would be interesting to find out why the Doctor wanted him at the beach. All the people in the world he could trust enough to witness those events, and he chose a man he spent a short while with 200 years before. Surely there has to be a reason for that.
Report Spam   Logged
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 07:39:26 pm »

I'm sort of on the fence. I thought Canton was awesome in Series 6, but do we really need to see him again? I wouldn't hate to see him return, but I don't think we need to see him again. I suppose it comes down the story and the reasons why he would return.
Report Spam   Logged

Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 10:29:36 am »

I so hope this is true. I loved Canton. He isn't the type of character I would want around full time, but he would be great as a recurring guest star for a couple of episodes.
Report Spam   Logged

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 08:54:53 pm »

I really liked Mark Sheppard and I actually thought that there were a lot of unanswered questions from him so I would definitely like another visit to 1960s America to see him Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 12:23:15 pm »

I'd sooner see him return than Craig, who is also rumoured. I thought he was a good character but I don't really know where he would fit in. The beach stuff is done and there wasn't any indication that he had any other meetings with the Doctor. I suppose anything could be written in, though.
Report Spam   Logged

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 06:16:55 pm »

I'd sooner see him return than Craig, who is also rumoured. I thought he was a good character but I don't really know where he would fit in. The beach stuff is done and there wasn't any indication that he had any other meetings with the Doctor. I suppose anything could be written in, though.

I don't know - considering that he seemed to know quite a bit about what was going on when he appeared on the beach, I think there might be further contact.  I'd be very happy to see him back.
Report Spam   Logged

Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 04:26:37 pm »

I don't know - considering that he seemed to know quite a bit about what was going on when he appeared on the beach, I think there might be further contact.  I'd be very happy to see him back.

I'd agree. There has to have been more contact for Canton to know what he knew. There is no reason to assume his envelope contained more than the date and map ref that the others had, so he had to have known his stuff somehow. And the Silents are bound to reappear, which would be a good story to bring him in on.
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 12:38:03 pm »

I'd agree. There has to have been more contact for Canton to know what he knew. There is no reason to assume his envelope contained more than the date and map ref that the others had, so he had to have known his stuff somehow. And the Silents are bound to reappear, which would be a good story to bring him in on.

I dunno. That makes me think we would have to revisit TIA/DOTM and as much as I enjoyed that story, it isn't really one I want to go back to. If they can find a good reason to bring him back without making it an extension of that story then I'd be fine with it, but otherwise I think it's best left alone.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: