The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 09:48:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Too reliable on continuity?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Too reliable on continuity?  (Read 561 times)
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: September 24, 2011, 05:33:33 pm »

I've been using TIQ on the forum to catch up on the classics because I would say I had probably seen about 5% of them beforehand, but watching them in there, totally out of order, hasn't hindered the experience. There are stories that we have watched that have had both direct and indirect links to other stories, but having only seen perhaps one story and not the other hasn't left me any more confused about what has been going on than I suspect it might if I was watching in order.

As others have said, its moreso in the new series that continuity and canon have come into play a lot more. I think Series 5 and 6 especially have been heavy on continuity and dipping in and out of them would leave me a lot more confused. The only way I think you could get really lost with the classics is not tuning in for every part of the story, but that's not really a continuity problem. You'd be just as lost if you chose to read random chapters of a book, so stuff like that is to be expected.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: