The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 02:39:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

How Long Has It Been?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Long Has It Been?  (Read 208 times)
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« on: May 28, 2011, 08:12:21 pm »

The only thing I can think is that perhaps the switch was made during the three months that they were on the run in the opener, but my mate seems to think it might have been as far back as TBB. When do you think the Amy's were swapped?
Report Spam   Logged
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 08:15:45 pm »

On confidential they implied that she was gone for the entirety of S6, though I don't think it goes as far back as TBB. I think its more likely somwhere between ACC and TIA
Report Spam   Logged

Saber
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 08:21:25 pm »

I havent watched it yet so I missed that. I would assume that we will at least see in that case some sort of flashback or something.

Now I think about it, could it have been in TIA when Amy is strapped to the chair? It sort of looked like a more vertical version of what they used in this story.
Report Spam   Logged
missadric2
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Peter Davison
Favourite Companion: Adric/ Amy Pond

Imagination is the key to Everything

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 3
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 08:28:18 pm »

Yes I agree there in TIA when she was taken and she just woke up and yet we could still hear her through the little recording device thing, for me that transition just didn't fit very logical
Report Spam   Logged

'An apple a day keeps the.....oh never mind!' - fifth Doctor

The 5th Doctor will always have a special place in my heart and will always be MY Doctor

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 01:50:57 am »

I think that the most likely time for the swap would have been when the Silents had her in that chair in DOTM. As Saber says, it was similar to the contraptions that were being used in this story
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Dame Roger
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Second
Favourite Companion: Ace

View Profile
Search Windows User Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 02:20:16 am »

The first time she saw the eyepatch-woman was in the children's home in Day Of The Moon, so it must have happened before then (since apparently all those glimpses were due to the real Amy's reality seeping into the consciousness of the ganger Amy). I think (although the lateness of the hour and the effects of the home-brewed cider may cause me to be wrong) that that was before the Silents had her strapped into the chair, so it must have happened before that.
There are gaps in her life that we know we didn't see between A Christmas Carol and The Impossible Astronaut and between The Impossible Astronaut and Day Of The Moon, so it could be between either of those.The latter 'feels' more likely because I get the impression that the former was a time of cheery domesticity with the Doctor leaving them alone to enjoy their honeymoon and early married life, whereas the latter was... well...we don't really know, other than that it involved the Doctor and the Silents. Just seems more likely somehow that it happened then, but I could well be entirely wrong.

Incidentally, am I the only one who thinks that the fact she's been wearing the same shirt all the way through the series so far is going to be in some way relevant to this? Don't know how, since we know the ganger Doctor was quite capable of changing his shoes, but I'd be surprised if it didn't mean something. (unless Steven Moffat has started channelling the spirit of John Nathan Turner and has decided that all his regular characters should always wear the same clothes)
Report Spam   Logged

"I'm reversing the jelly baby of the neutron flow."
Dame Roger
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 02:21:14 am »

Wow, that post ended up being far longer than I intended. Wonder if anyone'll actually get to the end of it!
Report Spam   Logged

2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 02:22:20 am »

I did, has Amy worn that shirt in every ep? I don't tend to notice clothes much
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
Hyacathusarillistad
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Third or Eleventh
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant or Amy Pond

Extant Time Lord

View Profile
Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 02:24:40 am »

I assumed that the real Amy had been swapped for the Flesh Amy during the three months she was roaming America learning about the Silence - separated from the Doctor, Rory, and River.
Report Spam   Logged

Torchwood Five

Episode I - The Brainstem Murders
Episode II - Vanishing Act
Episode III - Side Effects
Episode IV - The Villieneuve Incident
Episode V - Ritardando
Episode VI - Body Count
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 02:30:36 am »

I mentioned the clothing thing in a thread for last weeks episode. She has been wearing the clothes since the very beginning. I thought at first she was just a skanky b!tch, but now I am thinking that it might be something to do with it all being part of the flesh, which would indicate that she was definately cloned after leaving her home in the opener, but as you said, the Doctor was able to change shoes without a problem. This though could be explained away by the 'storm changing things' though I guess, so perhaps after the flesh became more intelligent it allowed for certain changes?
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 02:30:56 am »

I think they copied her in the Whitehouse toilets Tongue

What? I get bored of the same thing... I'd say before the whitehouse... but I don't know how easy that would be, I think it would be quite easy to do during lovey dovey time, I mean, the fixed location would help any confusion, as well as only being with Rory... Would also explain why she may have put on a few pounds... Though I would say that is cause she isn't running around enough at home  Evil

what was my point? Oh, the flesh is a direct copy right? and she thought she was pregnant in TDOM... Which means that if she had been copied after being impregnated, surely the flesh would be pregnant too?
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 02:31:33 am »

She did wear the Pirates clothes?
Report Spam   Logged

??Cheeses + rising!
Dame Roger
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 02:31:36 am »

I did, has Amy worn that shirt in every ep? I don't tend to notice clothes much

I'm fairly sure she's been wearing the same red-checked shirt all series.

Also, it's just occurred to me that she told the Doctor she was pregnant in The Impossible Astronaut then said that she wasn't after all in Day Of The Moon. Again that suggests to me that it was between those episodes.
Report Spam   Logged

2cajuman2
Faithful Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 02:32:33 am »

And the posh clothes...
Report Spam   Logged

??Cheeses + rising!
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 02:37:35 am »

But there is no guarantee that the flesh could become pregnant though.

She did, as 2C2 says above, wear 'posh' clothes in the second ep (which she was actually wearing when she first saw eye patch lady) so perhaps that theory is out of the quesion after all.

The time that would make most sense for the swap would probably be during the three month gap I would say if pressed. She was on her own for three months and anything could have happened and it would be easier to explain away that way too
Report Spam   Logged

2cajuman2
Faithful Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 02:42:35 am »

Are we sure Amy doesn't just have 2 similar shirts?

Haven't been screenie-ing much  Undecided Else I would know..

I just am trying to work out the 9 months... She is about to blow! Say, this series is a month at most, The first 2 eps covers 5months - 3months running and 2 months after abandoned by Doc...
What do you think?
Report Spam   Logged

??Cheeses + rising!
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 02:43:48 am »

Sorry, so, the gap between seperation by FBI to this point would cover 9 months not say 6?
Report Spam   Logged

??Cheeses + rising!
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 02:44:25 am »

Or 4 I mean, I'm tired, I should give up for the night  Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged

??Cheeses + rising!
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 02:48:02 am »

I suppose that could just be explained away by the fact that they could have been travelling for any amount of time between stories, which would be the easiest way for the writing team to get around the 9 months thing.

But, I would say she could be anything up to about 3 or 4 months without really showing considerably, so its possible that she was already pregnant going into TIA, which would only need another 5 to 6, 7 at the most, months to cover, 5 of which are covered in the opening 2 parter
Report Spam   Logged

2cajuman2
Faithful Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 02:49:59 am »

So it all hangs on the question (for me at least) Can flesh/clones reproduce?

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

??Cheeses + rising!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: