The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 03:48:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

How about some love for Nine?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How about some love for Nine?  (Read 438 times)
DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« on: September 06, 2010, 07:21:31 am »

My first impression of the Ninth Doctor was "Wow! One who finally dresses like a normal person!"  By about maybe the fifth episode I began to think "Man, this guy is kinda sexy!"   Shocked  Never had a crush on any of the previous Doctors before, so this was a bit of a shock to me.  LOL  I'd never heard of Christopher Eccleston before Doctor Who; I think he's a wonderful actor and was quite sad to see him leave after only one season.  He knocked Tom Baker out of my favorite Doctor slot, something I didn't think would ever happen (and then in turn got knocked out by Matt Smith this year, but oh well, he's still #2 in my book!).  I can't believe nobody hasn't started a thread yet; I can't be the only Nine fan here!
Report Spam   Logged
Iceman
Global Moderator
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: The Doctor
Favourite Companion: Captain Jack Harkness

Hey, it's me!

View Profile WWW
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 04:11:57 pm »

He was great! I wish he got more than one season. Shame what happened.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Iceman525

What a bunch of a-holes.
fandamnation
Hatchling

View Profile
Level 2 Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 05:28:08 pm »

I have enormous love for Nine. He was adorable, and 'Rose' is probably one of my favourite Doctor Who episodes.

He was a different kind of Doctor. He had a seriousness and a gravitas and an angst about him. You really believed that he had been through a great War, that he'd seen so many terrible things.

He could switch moods on a dime too.

All the doctors have their positives and negatives, I've never understood why people argue so much about it.

Nine is definitely criminally ignored though. Sad
Report Spam   Logged
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 05:52:45 pm »

I love nine too. He isnt my favourite Doctor but he was great in the role and it is a shame that he didnt have longer on the show.
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 11:27:31 pm »

I don't think Christopher Eccleston gets enough credit for his part in bringing DW back to our screen. He put in a strong/likeable performance throughout and laid solid foundations for DT to build on. It wasn't an easy gig for him
 but he carried it off with true style and panache Cool

I also think the fans were atrocious in their behaviour towards him when it was announced he was leaving so it's no surprise to me that he has chosen to have little if any connections with the show since his departure.

Our loss Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 01:02:47 pm »

When I first watched season 1, I really didn't like 9 at all.  But then as I got through more episodes, he began to grow on me.  This past weekend during the Whoathon I watched 'Rose' again for the first time in a while and had a new appreciation for 9.  Although I like 10 and 11 better, I think that 9 was great and I like that his character grew a lot over the season.  He was not as coarse at the end of the season as he was at the start - good character development!
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
BlueRose

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 06:30:50 pm »

Nine is squee. I adored him. I watched this tough as nails, dark on the outside with his occasional release of inner whimsy, and it was awesome. He was sooo complex, dealing with so much... <3
Report Spam   Logged
BlueRose

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 06:31:27 pm »

When I first watched season 1, I really didn't like 9 at all.  But then as I got through more episodes, he began to grow on me.  This past weekend during the Whoathon I watched 'Rose' again for the first time in a while and had a new appreciation for 9.  Although I like 10 and 11 better, I think that 9 was great and I like that his character grew a lot over the season.  He was not as coarse at the end of the season as he was at the start - good character development!

This is why I wanted to start from S1 of the new series! That being said, I plan to even stick around for S5 as well. I'd like to see the season from other people's eyes.
Report Spam   Logged
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 08:47:31 pm »

I love 9, he probably is my favourite Doctor Smiley

Loved him in The Empty Child 2-parter especially (my favourite episodes) I mean, there was the serious side, but it was so wonderful and had so much humour in it!! Grin and

EVERYBODY LIVES! JUST THIS ONCE EVERYBODY LIVES!

Sorry, but I love him and that episode so much Grin
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 11:44:06 am »

I have been watching series 1 over the last week or so and I have to say, I love this guy as the Doctor. Totally different to Matt (the only other one I have seen) but he is great. Shame he only did one series, but I am really enjoying him so far. Only got a couple more episodes to watch now. He is quite angry mind, isnt he. Its a cool contrast though because he also has quite a playful side
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
BlueRose

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 05:28:43 pm »

I hope all of you Nine-lovers will make it to as many of S1 watchathons as possible! Empty Child/Doctor Dances is next. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
HuonEnergetic
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: 9 closely followed by 11
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble, Rose Tyler, Rory Williams

Everybody lives!

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 09:39:52 am »

Nine was my first ever Doctor and I absolutely adored him.
When I heard about Doctor Who, it was always DT, but I started wtching from S1 on, so I would understand everything. First I was like "Yeah, and when is DT coming?", but then I actually cried really hard, when he regenerated and I missed him.
Also, he is hot xD
Pity that he was only there for one season.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: