The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 04:58:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Doctor Knows

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Doctor Knows  (Read 319 times)
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 03:59:54 pm »

You're talking about the Amy talk, I'm talking about the Doctor talk... And Amy did lose trust in "Smith"
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 04:08:40 pm »

No, Amy didnt know that they had switched. As far as she was concerned she was talking to the Ganger Doctor when she was outside the room and mentioned the 'real' Doctor dying, not realising it was actually him that she was talking to. Its the Ganger Doctor she ran to after that encounter, thinking it was the 'real' Doctor. She never lost trust in the real Doctor, as you said, because she never knew that they had switched. That's why at the end she said about him being twice the man, because she realised she had been duped and that they weren't that different after all
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 04:10:41 pm »

You're assuming I meant the wrong way around, she had to lose trust in Smith who was the real Doc so she could have the emotional scene at the end with Doc who was fake Doc

Plot point
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
Tardis-Console
Timelord

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 04:38:54 pm »

I'm not assuming anything. I'm replying to your points. You are saying that she had to lose trust, which ok, fair enough, but why? Why did she have to lose trust in the 'real' Doctor? Nothing in the episode indicated that she did. Perhaps I am wrong, but you are not saying anything to back it up that she 'lost trust'. You also don't seem able to accept the fact that perhaps the reason she was able to have the emotional scene at the end with the Ganger Doctor is because after spending time with him (and not realising he wasn't the real Doc), she then realised that they were actually just the same and she had been wrong in her opinions. She never needed to lose trust in the 'real' Doctor to come to that realisation and have that emotional moment, because she never twigged on that she wasn't always with the 'real' Doctor. It was the realisation that she had been with the Ganger all along without realising that led to her acceptance of him
Report Spam   Logged

TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2011, 04:53:52 pm »

Amy: We can't trust you

She did need to lose trust, because the best emotional rush comes from realising you were completely wrong
Report Spam   Logged

??Cheeses + rising!
Tardis-Console
Timelord

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 05:03:29 pm »

Yes, but she said to what she thought was the Ganger Doctor. It wasn't, but she didn't know that. Why is that so hard to understand. From Amy's POV, she never lost trust in the 'real' Doctor, because as far as she was aware they hadn't swapped places!! It would be like my brother logging into my account on here and having a conversation with you. As far as you are aware you are talking to me, but that's because you don't know that someone else is behind the wheel. Amy thought she was talking to the Ganger Doctor. Amy thought she was telling the Ganger Doctor 'We can't trust you'. Which she did, because as a Ganger, he could have gone mental like Jen. What reason did she have for not trusting what the real Doctor? None. Then, as I have already said, she had that emotional scene with the Ganger at the end because after learning that she had been duped she then realised that they were so similar that she didn't even know they had swapped places. She never lost trust in what she believed was 'her' Doctor.

I've put this down with as much logic as I can muster. I have explained fully the how's and why's whereas you have not, but yet you continue to argue about it.
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2011, 05:21:10 pm »

Right guys, You have both had your say so agree to disagree and move on. The thread is descending into a two man show and veering off topic rapidly. Post your opinions and ideas by all means, but stay on topic and remain civil or I will lock the thread
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2011, 05:55:18 pm »

Ok, so back to the original topic, I have been chatting to my friend earlier today about the possible fallout from this and whether or not it will be addressed in the next episode. On the one hand, the Doctor isnt exactly known for biting his tongue when he is angry and so is likely to bring it up, but on the other hand with so much going on next episode there is the chance that it might not be addressed at all until after the split.

Also, because we don't know for certain when Amy was cloned, we can't know for certain if she now even knows that the Doctor is going to die, though I suppose that this is less of a big plot point
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011, 06:11:46 pm »

I've assumed that she will have all the Ganger's memories because they were connected. Still I guess that remains to be seen - all will be revealed ... hopefully  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011, 06:25:31 pm »

I suppose it would make sense to have a sort of two way connection because the humans at the factory would need to know that their Gangers were doing what they were supposed to be doing. Although as the thing with Cleaves showed, they were intuitive but didnt necessarily share new memories made after the gangers were created otherwise they would have all known what the other was up to
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2011, 06:33:59 pm »

Buzzer certainly knew what had happened to his Ganger at the start of the first ep - not just that he'd died but that it had been caused by Jen taking a swing at him. After the connection was severed though it was different - they could only make predictions or even guesses based on previous shared experience.

The fact that the Doctor told her they were coming for her implies he thinks she can hear him.

I would expect this to be settled quite early on either way though - can be easily settled through refs to what's happened in the last few eps.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2011, 06:36:37 pm »

Oh yea I forgot about the buzzer thing. You are probably right then in that case
Report Spam   Logged

Saber
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2011, 07:04:49 pm »

I would imagine, if for no other reason at all, that they will have Amy know about his death just so they don't have to go over it all again, though that could also be a good way to recap for the audience if it occurs after the split this year
Report Spam   Logged
Saber
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2011, 07:07:36 pm »

Sorry, please could someone move that post ^^ it was meant to be a reply to Peri and PRG's conversation in another thread Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2011, 07:17:20 pm »

Done  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Saber
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2011, 07:20:27 pm »

Thanks PopRockGeek Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2011, 08:14:45 pm »

Well the Doctor has been acting a little out of character all series, so perhaps it isnt so shocking that he decided to throttle her

Maybe he was channeling The Sixth Doctor  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2011, 12:56:59 am »

Buzzer certainly knew what had happened to his Ganger at the start of the first ep - not just that he'd died but that it had been caused by Jen taking a swing at him. After the connection was severed though it was different - they could only make predictions or even guesses based on previous shared experience.

Buzzer actually said that he'd watched the video of what happened to his ganger.
Report Spam   Logged

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2011, 01:14:19 am »

Wasn't the Buzzer they bumped into in the corridor another clone though?
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2011, 09:58:50 am »

Buzzer actually said that he'd watched the video of what happened to his ganger.

In the corridor or later on? I've just watched the corridor scene again & the only thing he mentions having seen are holo ads about claiming compensation.

Wasn't the Buzzer they bumped into in the corridor another clone though?

Possible I guess - I guess I've just made the assumption that he is the real one. If he is another Ganger though it doesn't entirely undermine my theory of a the real person having the memories if the Ganger at this stage because he knows what happened to the previous Ganger & the only connection between them is the real Buzzer (the previous Ganger at this point having been dissolved in acid).
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: