The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 18, 2024, 04:33:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Doctor Knows

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Doctor Knows  (Read 343 times)
super vigilante
Hatchling

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 1 First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2011, 03:32:56 pm »

Hey there, this is all a bit new to me, but it seems glaringly obvious that there is a direct link between the flesh and their human counterparts right up until the power surge. The humans are directly in control of them "like a forklift truck". When Amy's ganger is "decommissioned" by the Doctor the link is severed and she goes back to her real body, hence the sudden awakening and the previous visions of the eye-patch woman. Amy's mind has been in the ganger all along so she will still have all those memories, because her mind was there even if her body wasn't.
Report Spam   Logged
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2011, 03:40:54 pm »

Nicely put. That would be essentially how I see it too  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2011, 01:34:29 am »

Buzzer certainly knew what had happened to his Ganger at the start of the first ep - not just that he'd died but that it had been caused by Jen taking a swing at him. After the connection was severed though it was different - they could only make predictions or even guesses based on previous shared experience.

Buzzer actually said that he'd watched the video of what happened to his ganger.

In the corridor or later on? I've just watched the corridor scene again & the only thing he mentions having seen are holo ads about claiming compensation.

Ah, that's possible.  I'll have to check on rewatching.
Report Spam   Logged

Amuro
Easily Exterminated
Favourite Doctor: 11th
Favourite Companion: Romana

Space Gandalf

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2011, 09:33:13 am »

Hey there, this is all a bit new to me, but it seems glaringly obvious that there is a direct link between the flesh and their human counterparts right up until the power surge. The humans are directly in control of them "like a forklift truck". When Amy's ganger is "decommissioned" by the Doctor the link is severed and she goes back to her real body, hence the sudden awakening and the previous visions of the eye-patch woman. Amy's mind has been in the ganger all along so she will still have all those memories, because her mind was there even if her body wasn't.

Exactly, so sick of a wide variety of people saying this episode was bad because the Doctor killed a Ganger after saying how sacred they are. The replica Amy was not a proper Ganger as the flesh was only being kept active from the connection to Amy. Without that connection, it reverted back to the flesh. What was the Doctor meant to do, never break the link and leave the (pregnant) Amy to her fate?
Report Spam   Logged

"After a while, everything is just stuff! That's the problem, you make the whole of space and time your backyard, and what do you have? A backyard. But you, you can see it. And when you see it, I see it."
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2011, 04:12:57 pm »

I agree with the above.  I think it was even stated in one of the episodes that they get into the harness and sort of 'drive' the ganger and then when something happens to the ganger and it dies or whatever, the link is severed and the person in the harness wakes up.   
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2011, 04:43:00 pm »

As sacred as Gangers are, the Ganger Amy had to be decommisioned. The real Amy was in danger, lying pregnant somewhere and he feels responsible for her not just because it was travelling with him that put her in danger (nothing new there), but because he has her husband on board, and if anything happened to her the Doctor would be the first person Rory blamed. And who knows what Rory would have done to punish the Doctor.

So as sacred as Gangers/the Flesh are, fake Amy had to be sacrificed so that the real Amy could be awake to give birth, and the Doctor and Rory could save her
Report Spam   Logged

There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... me!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: