The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 12:13:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Ten Love

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ten Love  (Read 1184 times)
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« on: August 30, 2010, 05:34:56 pm »

Sorry I had to start this one - I don't think I've made any secret on Twitter of my Ten appreciation - especially when he's rocking that Tux & Converse look.

But that aside he's good looking, smart, funny, ... & all those popular culture references - what's not to like.

Share your Ten appreciation below  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
BlueRose

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 06:38:36 pm »

Sorry I had to start this one - I don't think I've made any secret on Twitter of my Ten appreciation - especially when he's rocking that Tux & Converse look.

But that aside he's good looking, smart, funny, ... & all those popular culture references - what's not to like.

Share your Ten appreciation below  Smiley

He is and always will be my Doctor. <3

I think he rocked the standard and at the same time, revived traits of the ones before him. He was played by someone with a passion for the show and the char, and it showed.

I honestly wish they would bring him back. Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 07:08:55 pm »

My thoughts on DT's Doc #10 are that he was simply wonderful. The way he exploded on to our screen in the final third of The Xmas Invasion. I don't think any Doctor has ever made the initial impact that he did when he breezed out of the TARDIS. The thing that most endears me though is the man, David Tennant and what he brought to the role outside the confines of the show. We geeks are so easy to laugh at - but he never did. Our slightly alarming obsession and passion makes us ready targets for people who sneer. He understood. He was as big a fan as we were. Add that to his blistering performances and its very difficult to argue against him. In a way DT judged it perfectly, even his exit. It is the oldest adage in showbiz 'Keep them wanting more' and he has certainly done that! I am going to write another post about 'My Doctor' because I think our 'entry' Doc often feels like 'our' Doc. But David Tennant, I salute your mesmeric, attractive, boisterous, brilliant Doctor Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

BlueRose

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 07:14:53 pm »

My thoughts on DT's Doc #10 are that he was simply wonderful. The way he exploded on to our screen in the final third of The Xmas Invasion. I don't think any Doctor has ever made the initial impact that he did when he breezed out of the TARDIS. The thing that most endears me though is the man, David Tennant and what he brought to the role outside the confines of the show. We geeks are so easy to laugh at - but he never did. Our slightly alarming obsession and passion makes us ready targets for people who sneer. He understood. He was as big a fan as we were. Add that to his blistering performances and its very difficult to argue against him. In a way DT judged it perfectly, even his exit. It is the oldest adage in showbiz 'Keep them wanting more' and he has certainly done that! I am going to write another post about 'My Doctor' because I think our 'entry' Doc often feels like 'our' Doc. But David Tennant, I salute your mesmeric, attractive, boisterous, brilliant Doctor Smiley

...and, he's squee. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 09:06:11 pm »

Chris said it very well and I agree that he's 'squee'.  I can sum up how much I loved 10 by telling you that I actually own a pair of maroon Chucks Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
BlueRose

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 09:07:25 pm »

Chris said it very well and I agree that he's 'squee'.  I can sum up how much I loved 10 by telling you that I actually own a pair of maroon Chucks Smiley

I have a Ten!Bear. Build-a-Bear is awesome. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 09:10:29 pm »

OMG!  You can do that at Build-a-Bear!  I need to go there STAT! 
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
BlueRose

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 09:11:31 pm »

OMG!  You can do that at Build-a-Bear!  I need to go there STAT! 

Striped suit, chucks, specs, and two heartbeat effects! I did it online. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
emerald567
Hatchling

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Second year Anniversary Multiple Badge Holder
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 01:51:28 am »

Ten will always be MY Doctor as well.  David Tennant played him perfectly. His joy in playing the Doctor, loving, being, the character, brought it to a new level and made it believable. He also had a definite sex appeal which made him fun to watch, and of course, squee over!  Cheesy
I miss him, and I would most definitely love to have him back.

My first post on the new site~woo hoo! Now, I'm off to the Build-a-Bear website!  :-*
Report Spam   Logged

Beth
emerald567
BlueRose

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 01:53:47 am »

Ten will always be MY Doctor as well.  David Tennant played him perfectly. His joy in playing the Doctor, loving, being, the character, brought it to a new level and made it believable. He also had a definite sex appeal which made him fun to watch, and of course, squee over!  Cheesy
I miss him, and I would most definitely love to have him back.

My first post on the new site~woo hoo! Now, I'm off to the Build-a-Bear website!  :-*

Yay for Build-a-Bear!

My friend made me a Ten plushie too. <3 the plushie.
Report Spam   Logged
emerald567
Hatchling

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Second year Anniversary Multiple Badge Holder
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 02:28:12 am »

I have a Plushie Ten too  Wink 

Does your bear have a suit, or is it the shirt with tie and vest?
Report Spam   Logged

Beth
emerald567
BlueRose

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 02:44:55 am »

I have a Plushie Ten too  Wink 

Does your bear have a suit, or is it the shirt with tie and vest?

He has a suit, but no coat! He needs a coat.
Report Spam   Logged
BlueRose

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 03:31:55 pm »

I can't really think of fav Ten episodes: I tend to like everything he's in, even when I hate the ep he makes the rest palatable.

But I'll give it a shot:

Christmas Invasion
New Earth
School Reunion
Tooth and Claw
The Shakespeare Code
Human Nature
Family of Blood
Blink
Utopia/Sound of the Drums/The Last of the Time Lords
Fires of Pompeii
Midnight
The Next Doctor

Cheesy

Least fav episodes: The Girl in the Fireplace (it's so OOC it pisses me off), The Doctor's Daughter, Silence in the Library, Forest of the Dead, Planet of the Dead
Report Spam   Logged
sleekituk
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
Windows User Poll Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 10:04:40 pm »

I'm detecting a theme Blue Rose, a Mary Sue shaped theme Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Doctor: Do you know like we were saying, about the earth revolving? It's like when you're a kid, the first time they tell you that the world is turning and you just can't quite believe it 'cause everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it.
BlueRose

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 10:06:07 pm »

I'm detecting a theme Blue Rose, a Mary Sue shaped theme Wink

Yes, I do not like Mary Sues. I like awesome, 3D chicks. I get enough sexism in my scifi as is, kthxbye.  Angry
Report Spam   Logged
sleekituk
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 10:08:34 pm »

I Love Waters of Mars

angry Time Lord victorious is sexy

that is all
Report Spam   Logged

The Doctor: Do you know like we were saying, about the earth revolving? It's like when you're a kid, the first time they tell you that the world is turning and you just can't quite believe it 'cause everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it.
BlueRose

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 10:10:00 pm »

I Love Waters of Mars

angry Time Lord victorious is sexy

that is all

Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

It's actually why I like Family of Blood...
Report Spam   Logged
sleekituk
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 10:11:53 pm »

As you have been known to say "Holy hell yeah" - I cannot believe anyone can watch that episode and say the Tenth Doctor is not dark enough!
Report Spam   Logged

BlueRose

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 10:13:48 pm »

As you have been known to say "Holy hell yeah" - I cannot believe anyone can watch that episode and say the Tenth Doctor is not dark enough!

What I love about him most is the whole bouncy joie de vivre he has coupled with the ability to go from that to Oncoming Storm in no time flat.

It's awesome. <3
Report Spam   Logged
TARDIS-Rose
Hatchling

View Profile
Level 2 Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 11:03:56 pm »

Thank you for leading me to this character appreciation page, and  THANK YOU for the pic.  Wish I could frame him.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: