The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 08:29:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Grey's Anatomy Discussion

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grey's Anatomy Discussion  (Read 843 times)
Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary 2500 Posts Super Poster 25 Posts in one day
« on: May 31, 2011, 11:24:40 pm »

GA is my favourite show still on TV, second only to LOST overall.

Aneurin and TDD have just started watching so I thought we could discuss the show here. I'd love to know where you guys are up to and how you're enjoying it Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

TV Addict|Lost|Grey's Anatomy|Parks & Rec|Game of Thrones|Community|Cougar Town|Doctor Who|Member of the Month Nov 2011
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 12:27:03 am »

Guilty confession - I used to synchronised watch this with my wonderful friend in Wales, but stopped round about 3/4 of the way through the series where...oops, best avoid spoilers, hang on....(runs to IMDB)...nope, seems I watched the first 2 eps of series 5, then gave up.

Mostly because I can't stand Katherine Heigl.
Report Spam   Logged

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 10:52:03 am »

Guilty confession - I used to synchronised watch this with my wonderful friend in Wales, but stopped round about 3/4 of the way through the series where...oops, best avoid spoilers, hang on....(runs to IMDB)...nope, seems I watched the first 2 eps of series 5, then gave up.

Mostly because I can't stand Katherine Heigl.

How does one do spoiler tags on here?
[spoiler]You should definitely restart again! S5 is a bit of a bummer Izzy-wise until the end where it gets good, but she leaves in early Season 6 so... maybe just start from Season 6?

Because you don't wanna miss the S6 finale. Second best episode of TV I've ever seen.[/spoiler]
Report Spam   Logged

TV Addict|Lost|Grey's Anatomy|Parks & Rec|Game of Thrones|Community|Cougar Town|Doctor Who|Member of the Month Nov 2011
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 10:59:47 am »

I'm up to date with UK TV (well except I haven't seen last week's) & tonight is the S7 finale. I have S1-4 on DVD. I go through ups & downs with it - sometimes having to take a break from it but I've always come back which I suppose is saying something for it! I also watch Private Practice which has a back door pilot in GA & features one of the characters  Smiley

Oh & TFD while I can't say I can't stand KH because I don't know her personally her character is one of few TV characters who gets under my skin & I can honestly say I can't stand - that's rare for me!
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 11:47:00 am »

I'm up to date with UK TV (well except I haven't seen last week's) & tonight is the S7 finale. I have S1-4 on DVD. I go through ups & downs with it - sometimes having to take a break from it but I've always come back which I suppose is saying something for it! I also watch Private Practice which has a back door pilot in GA & features one of the characters  Smiley

Oh & TFD while I can't say I can't stand KH because I don't know her personally her character is one of few TV characters who gets under my skin & I can honestly say I can't stand - that's rare for me!

What channel airs it in the UK?

The DVD releases are so behind in UK its so annoying! Give me the S6 DVD already! Angry
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 11:54:25 am »

What channel airs it in the UK?

The DVD releases are so behind in UK its so annoying! Give me the S6 DVD already! Angry

Sky Living - they also show PP  Smiley

I always thought the slow DVD releases were down to it being shown later on Five than Living but I don't think Five have shown it since S3 or 4 so I'm baffled as to why S6 isn't out yet  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 12:46:05 pm »

Oh I see! I'm yet to start Private Practice although I intend to get caught up with it this summer Smiley

That is weird. S5 was out last August so I'm hoping S6 will be out at a similar time this year.
Report Spam   Logged

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 09:11:38 pm »

Right, I've done a couple more episodes now and will do more tonight. The latest I watched was the one with the pregnant man. I know of PP but don't know if I will watch because at the moment I really don't like Addison
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 09:26:00 pm »

If you do decide to watch it I'd wait til the pilot crops up otherwise it will make no sense at all. I understand your reservations about Addi at the point you're at  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 10:51:17 pm »

Yeah, trust me, Addi gets soooooooo awesome. I love her
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 10:57:53 pm »

Oh me too - She became one of my faves in the end.
Report Spam   Logged

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 01:10:28 am »

Oh me too - She became one of my faves in the end.

Definitely. For some reason I still haven't gotten around to watching PP yet, but I have it all ready for some summer watching Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 03:44:48 pm »

I'm not keen on her so far but I have heard that she gets much better so I live in hope.

TDD I think I'm only about one or two episodes in front of you now. I watched the Thanksgiving episode last night where George shoots his dad in the ass
Report Spam   Logged

thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 12:21:56 pm »

Mmmmm....Addison.
Sorry, lost my train of thought there!

Report Spam   Logged

Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 06:03:38 pm »

[spoiler]Patrick Dempsey announced this week that the next series will be his last[/spoiler]

Just thought I would mention as I read it last night
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 09:29:32 pm »

I know Sad

[spoiler]And probably Ellen Pompeo's last too. I wonder if they will continue without them...[/spoiler]
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 10:00:03 pm »

Seriously?! I would think [spoiler]that would be the end of it then - the Grey of the title is Meredith so I don't see how they can go on unless they big up Lexie next season[/spoiler]
Report Spam   Logged

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 10:25:17 pm »

[spoiler]Well yes, I wonder if they would make Lexie the main. The cast is strong enough to continue, IMO. Well, I'd still watch.

But Pompeo said she might not renew after Season 8 when they last signed the contract, a couple years ago. Who knows what she'll do now.[/spoiler]
Report Spam   Logged

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 01:23:11 am »

I slowed down on it for a few days but I am near the end of series 2. Izzy has just cut the chord and Burke has just been shot. I so want to see what happens in the next episode but I am going to leave it for tomorrow.

I'm starting to dislike George. He seems pointless. Izzy is doing my head in a bit too. Cally is cool, a good addition to the cast. Can't wait to see the back of Burke. He drives me nuts. I don't know much about the future, but I do know pretty much all of those leave (not sure about Cally). Derek is starting to annoy me too but thats more an arc thing than character thing. I am warming towards Addison though. Wasn't fussed at first but I think she is cool now.
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 03:30:02 am »

@TDD - Yeah I totally see what you mean about George and Izzy and... ok I won't lie, it gets worse. But stick with it.

I hope you don't know what happens in the s6 finale Cheesy

Oh, and Callie IS awesome, as is Addy.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: