The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 12:15:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Another Spinoff Coming?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Spinoff Coming?  (Read 2290 times)
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« on: June 14, 2011, 06:49:48 pm »

RTD did an interview this week where he said:

The most unexpected thing happened recently, where I was writing The Sarah Jane Adventures, and our lead actress, Elisabeth Sladen, died. It was the saddest thing in the world; I still can’t believe it. I’m still staggered, and all of us are. We’re properly heartbroken. So that leaves sort of a gap in my life, both missing her and that we had a lovely show there, so that needs to be rectified, to fill that in.

It's nothing concrete but it definately sounds like he is planning on possibly creating something new to fill the space of SJA.
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 12:12:02 pm »

It would be brilliant I think, assuming he means something else from the Whoniverse. I was rewatching Death of the Doctor yesterday and I think Jo would be awesome in carrying her own show. I'd definately watch
Report Spam   Logged

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 05:48:03 pm »

I'd definately be up for seeing Jo get her own show. It depends if Katy Manning would be up for it though I guess.
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 05:57:30 pm »

I might be a bit off, but I read it more like he wanted to fill the gap in his writing, rather than fill the gap with another spinoff if that makes sense. Another spinoff could still be on the cards and Jo would be an awesome choice (second only to Peri, obviously Tongue) but I think even if it is the case it would be a while before we found anything out. Next year sometime I would guess.
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 07:38:10 pm »

RTD said in an interview that the team are working on a non DW related show, so I guess thats (so far) a no in the spin off box
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 08:51:48 pm »

It might be a long while off, but I am sure that something else will come along along the lines of SJA. It was hugely popular and there is a gap in the market now. I'm sure the BBC would be keen to get something else on the go. Assuming they have even realised that the show has ended given how little order there seems to be there at the moment
Report Spam   Logged
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 06:08:25 pm »

It might be a long while off, but I am sure that something else will come along along the lines of SJA. It was hugely popular and there is a gap in the market now. I'm sure the BBC would be keen to get something else on the go. Assuming they have even realised that the show has ended given how little order there seems to be there at the moment

Well, as it's on Children's TV, I suppose it wouldn't get in the way of the really highbrow shows like Simply Come Dancing and How Do You Solve a Rainbow Like Joseph.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 06:30:41 pm »

Well, as it's on Children's TV, I suppose it wouldn't get in the way of the really highbrow shows like Simply Come Dancing and How Do You Solve a Rainbow Like Joseph.

Grin

I think it would be great if they could create another spin-off to take the place of SJA. I suspect they are going to notice the void left by it as it was the most popular show only the channel AFAIK.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 05:30:00 pm »

Was SJA abig seller in other countries or was it just shown here?
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 05:38:14 pm »

The only info I could find on that was on Wiki. It was shown in the following places, although in most places it is unclear how long for:

Canada
South Africa
Hong Kong
USA (S1 only as of summer 2010, S2 has been released on DVD)
Australia
New Zealand
Belgium

No info about how popular it was in each place on Wiki though.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 06:21:12 pm »

We got it in Ireland too Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Sparky
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: Nine
Favourite Companion: Rose

View Profile
100 Posts 50 Posts Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 02:51:30 am »

With the spinoffs all gone and such a lack of DW on the telly lately I'd say another spinoff would fit in really nicely right now, but I don't imagine that RTD would be at the helm of it and with Moff already wrapped up elsewhere I don't see him starting one either. I've no doubt that another will come along at some point but I think it is a long way off at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 01:36:48 pm »

With the spinoffs all gone and such a lack of DW on the telly lately I'd say another spinoff would fit in really nicely right now, but I don't imagine that RTD would be at the helm of it and with Moff already wrapped up elsewhere I don't see him starting one either. I've no doubt that another will come along at some point but I think it is a long way off at the moment.

Yeah, there is no way we are getting anything new for the time being. We will all just have to make do with K9 when it returns
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 12:59:41 pm »

Yeah, there is no way we are getting anything new for the time being. We will all just have to make do with K9 when it returns

Which also doesn't look like it's happening
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: