The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 19, 2024, 12:38:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Susan Foreman

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Foreman  (Read 224 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: June 19, 2011, 12:08:32 am »

Susan Foreman was the Doctor's granddaughter. After landing on Earth for repairs to the TARDIS, Susan enrolled at Coal Hill School in Shoreditch where her advanced knowledge of history and science attract the attention of schoolteachers Barbara and Ian. Attempting to solve the mystery of the "unearthly child," Ian and Barbara follow Susan back to the junkyard, where they hear her voice coming from what appears to be a police box. When they investigate further, they discover that the police box exterior hides the much larger interior of the TARDIS, and are whisked away on an adventure in time and space with the Doctor and Susan, against their will.

Susan continued to travel with the Doctor and her two teachers until the 1964 serial, The Dalek Invasion of Earth. During the events of that story, Susan falls in love with David Campbell, a young freedom fighter in the 22nd century. However, Susan feels that she has to stay with and take care of her grandfather. The Doctor, realizing that Susan is now a grown woman and deserves a future away from him, locks her out of the TARDIS and leaves after a tearful farewell.

Susan displayed less knowledge about the workings of the TARDIS than her grandfather and was even naive to dangers that existed on the planets they visited. Also while she showed knowledge beyond earth science she did not display the advanced knowledge that was seen in other people of Gallifrey. Although it has never been explicitly established whether she can regenerate (though it is usually assumed that she can), she does display telepathic ability on occasion.
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Saber
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 03:11:35 pm »

I was never a huge fan of Susan. It wasn't the acting or even the character, I just think she was at time written dreadfully and in the end I was tired of her always being captured or running into things head first (not literally, obviously Tongue).

I do however, really, really want to see her again in the new series. Or at least some actual undesputed mention of her. She is very important to the early history of the show and I think it would be nice to introduce her to newer viewers and give a nod to older fans
Report Spam   Logged
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 07:59:01 pm »

It would be great if she made another appearance, I agree. Her appearances in the audios that I have heard have been awesome and they have developed the character brilliantly compared to what we got on screen.
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 01:38:07 pm »

It took me a few stories before she grew on me, so I don't expect much positivity if people are watching her for the first time, though she isn't too bad in this story
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 02:49:36 pm »

She does my head in. I don't dislike her but she is way too whiney. It seems she is only there to moan about things or get into trouble
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 03:40:28 pm »

She does seem to do that a lot. I have seen her have some good moments though  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 09:27:40 pm »

I agree with all the comments about her return. It would be totally fanwanky but it would be so cool to see her again. Like all the characters I want to see again, I am holding out hope for the 50th
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: