The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 16, 2024, 10:18:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Viewing The Hand Of Fear After The Death Of Elisabeth Sladen

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Viewing The Hand Of Fear After The Death Of Elisabeth Sladen  (Read 182 times)
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« on: July 04, 2011, 05:41:09 pm »

Okay same here anything I write here is not meant to offend/upset anyone.

It was rather ironic that I ordered this on DVD about a week before Lis passed away, and I'm kind of proud to say that this is the first classic Who episode I watched which was actually the day before Sladen passed away.
When I heard that BBC was 'replaying' this story I was quite happy as it gave a chance for newer fans (like me) to appreciate the classic series and an amazing actress. Admittedly it was the first classic story I'd watched so had little to compare it to, but I definitely think the BBC did the right thing to reshow this episode as now having seen a few other stories with Sarah Jane Smith in it certainly is the best in my opinion. Okay I guess it possibly has gone up in it's rating since Lis sadly passed away, but I don't really see that as a bad thing, because it's an amazing episode to be remembered with.

*cringes at the thought I might have said something to annoy/upset anyone. So sorry if I have*
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: