The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 09:41:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

On Video?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On Video?  (Read 164 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: July 06, 2011, 11:43:22 am »

The most common theory is that it was taken out of release so quickly because of the upcoming release of the Movie. Hand Of Fear was the last release before the Movie aired and the more widespread theory is that the BBC expected that the popularity of the Movie would go through the roof and a new series would be picked up straight away, so rather than having people love the movie and then check out old videos with lower production quality, an attempt was made to recall as many of the videos as possible ready for a new wave of merchandise off the back of the moview and new series.

Obviously a series was never commissioned and the popularity of the Movie wasn't what they were expecting so it sort of backfired. That could all be a load of tosh, but its the rumour I have heard the most regarding it.

As for the videos that were bought, I have heard rumours of them selling at really high prices, but I always assumed it was a bit of a myth built out of the fact that it was only available for two weeks. On Ebay and Amazon now they go for standard prices generally, but the DVD is widely available now so that could be why.
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: