The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 11:08:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Repainting the Cistine Chapel

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Repainting the Cistine Chapel  (Read 770 times)
mel42
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten, Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond, Sarah Jane Smith (favorite Whoniverse characters) and supporter of Gwen Cooper

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 03:24:03 am »

I think the best way of remaking the missing stories is like what they did with "The Invasion" DVD, using animation to represent the actors and sets while using the original soundtrack and voices. That way viewers get to hear the original actors while perhaps upgrading the sets more cost-effectively than having to re-build everything.
Report Spam   Logged

"Have you never seen something so mad, so ... extraordinary, that, just for one second, you think that there might be more out there?"

(Gwen Cooper, Torchwood)
BeeSC
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: 10th
Favourite Companion: Rose/Donna

I'm Not Mean. I'm Just Not Very Nice ™

View Profile
Search Level 4 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 03:48:15 am »

I think the best way of remaking the missing stories is like what they did with "The Invasion" DVD, using animation to represent the actors and sets while using the original soundtrack and voices. That way viewers get to hear the original actors while perhaps upgrading the sets more cost-effectively than having to re-build everything.

This would be a great way!
Report Spam   Logged

mel42
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten, Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond, Sarah Jane Smith (favorite Whoniverse characters) and supporter of Gwen Cooper

View Profile
Level 5 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 04:01:13 am »

This would be a great way!

It is a good presentation since all the original audio still exists, so they can put the surviving live action episodes along with animation where the video doesn't exist.  If they animated the missing episodes people would be able to see the visuals, maybe even better than the sets were to begin with due to the low budgets.  I don't know if the BBC are planning more animated DVDs but I did send a reply card to them saying that they should continue this project!
Report Spam   Logged

"Have you never seen something so mad, so ... extraordinary, that, just for one second, you think that there might be more out there?"

(Gwen Cooper, Torchwood)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 10:58:44 am »

What is this episode you speak of? Do you have a general plot outline so I can try and make sense of all this? Cheesy

I was thinking, for example, that the Doctor travels back to 1960s London - and due to some wibbly wobbly timey wimey TARDIS malfunction the Doctor crosses his own time line and arrives to witness the Great intelligence take over london at the same time that Doc 2 is trying to help the army defeat the Yeti. Unbeknownst to Doc 2 there is another alien force trying to assist the great intelligence and Doc 11 must help defeat it.

This is taken off the top of my head in 2 mins so I am sure a capable writer given a few months could come up with something much better. But instead of an orthodox multi-doctor story for the 50th anniversary - why not try some clever CGI magic to weave the generations together?

Oh I get you now. I like this idea. It would be such a shame if they marked this anniversary without the presence of all the Doctors
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: