The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 18, 2024, 07:07:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Amy Appreciation

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amy Appreciation  (Read 632 times)
mel42
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten, Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond, Sarah Jane Smith (favorite Whoniverse characters) and supporter of Gwen Cooper

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Linux User Mobile User
« on: September 10, 2010, 08:05:05 pm »

I like Amy because she has changed as a result of meeting the Doctor, from the little girl who trusted that he would come back, to becoming a tougher and more defensive person since she was conflicted over whether he would be there again.  When she finally saw him again, she was reluctant to trust him after he left for so many years.  She had a harder time relating to people who stayed with her, even Rory, because they couldn't fulfill the expectations she had of the Doctor. 

I could relate to Amy after all the experiences I had as a Doctor Who fan and a roleplayer. I discovered Doctor Who when it wasn't in production and not as many people were familiar with the Doctor; later on I jumped into the fan writing arena and had a lot to learn there as well.  Amy made fan-art of the Doctor and pretended she was traveling with him- "the girl who waited" for him to come back.  So when he came back for her, she was determined to make the most of this experience.  Being new to traveling, she made some mistakes along the way.  But she ultimately emerged having a stronger relationship with Rory and being able to share the experience of traveling through time and space with him and the Doctor.
Report Spam   Logged

"Have you never seen something so mad, so ... extraordinary, that, just for one second, you think that there might be more out there?"

(Gwen Cooper, Torchwood)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: