The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 12:36:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Fourth Doctor Story Tournament

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fourth Doctor Story Tournament  (Read 11330 times)
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« on: July 25, 2011, 06:44:50 pm »

Logopolis takes no prisoners, moving ahead 6-nil.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 1
Battle 02

Meglos Vs Shada

Meglos

"Some fifty years ago I knew a man who solved the insoluble by the strangest means. He sees the threads that join the universe together and mends them when they break."

First Transmitted:

1 - 27/09/1980 18:15
2 - 04/10/1980 18:15
3 - 11/10/1980 17:40
4 - 18/10/1980 17:45

Plot

The Doctor is invited to visit the planet Tigella by its leader, Zastor, who has become concerned about disputes between his people's two opposing factions, the religious Deons and the scientist Savants.
The TARDIS is intercepted by the megalomaniacal xerophyte Meglos, last survivor of the planet Zolfa-Thura, and trapped in a chronic hysteresis - a time loop - but the Doctor and Romana manage to free it.

VS

Shada

"When I was on the river I heard the strange babble of inhuman voices, didn't you, Romana?"

Plot

The story revolves around the lost planet Shada, on which the Time Lords built a prison for defeated would-be conquerors of the universe. Skagra, an up-and-coming would-be conqueror of the universe, needs the assistance of one of the prison's inmates, but finds that nobody knows where Shada is anymore except one aged Time Lord who has retired to Earth, where he is masquerading as a professor at St. Cedd's College, Cambridge. Luckily for the fate of the universe, Skagra's attempt to force the information out of Professor Chronotis coincides with a visit by the professor's old friend, the Doctor.

You have approximately 24 hours to vote for either Meglos or Shada

Mod Note: I know Shada is the infamous unaired story, but I'm including it for completion's sake. I think the 1992 narrated version may be hiding on youtbue though
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: