The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 10:42:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Poll: The End Of Time

Poll
Question: Rate the story
5/5 - Absolutely amazing - 1 (7.7%)
4/5 - Really Good - 1 (7.7%)
3/5 - Not bad, not great - 4 (30.8%)
2/5 - Not impressed - 5 (38.5%)
1/5 - Shockingly bad - 2 (15.4%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: The End Of Time  (Read 321 times)
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« on: July 17, 2011, 07:27:08 pm »

Please take a moment to rate this story for us, and add your comments too if you wish Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 09:11:07 pm »

Just a one from me I'm afraid. It was about an hour too long and by the end I couldnt wait to see Ten snuff it. I love Donna, but she was wasted here which is such a shame. The Master was awful and the stuff with Gallifrey was ridiculous, but I think that was just RTD wanting to write the Time Lords at least once before leaving, so I can sort of understand it even if I don't like or agree with it. One thing people seemed to dislike was the companion heavy ending, but I loved that.
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 03:42:08 pm »

Wilf pretty much managed to save this story from complete disaster. He was brilliant. I liked some of the cameos (though the whole Mickey/Martha thing was stupid) and I liked the stuff with the woman in white, but other than that nothing else was particularly great about it for me. The radiation plot was just silly considering last time the Doctor was overcome with radiation he kicked out of his foot and that was that. The ending was a bit drawn out and by the end of it I couldn't wait for Tennant to bugger off. Also, the whole 'I don't want to go' with the crying really, really annoyed me. 2/5
Report Spam   Logged
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 05:28:05 pm »

If you go from the point where Ten stands up after his implausible fall through the roof, this gets a 5 from me.
Loved Simms "Get out the way". Loved Wilf (always). LOVED DT's acting as Ten realises his fate.
And you know what, the "off to get my reward" drawn out end was 110% utter fanw@nk, but by God did I love every second!
By the time we got to "I don't want to go" I was damn near in tears.
and for anyone who disagrees (no offence, Saber mate!) just listen to Vale Decem. Holy crap that is powerful.

Everything before that point, however, doesn't even get a one.
It was utter, utter crap of the highest order.
I was disgusted at the end of part one (and for anyone who cares, part one is the reason BlogtorWho blocked me on twitter after I disagreed with his comments in his review which said anyone who didn't like it didn't deserve to be a fan, or some such) - there wasn't a single good thing in there, it was an utter mess.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 07:29:48 pm »

I gave it a 2. The only things that save it from being shockingly bad for me are the fact that I sat through something last week that has completed redefined my personal opinion of rubbish TV, 'Vale Decem' which is a masterpiece that I never tire of listening to & the post regeneration scene. The first time I watched it I got swept up in the emotional ending, although I was also thinking 'for goodness sake get on with it!' Watching it again I was really disappointed. Not a fitting ending for Ten really.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 10:40:58 pm »

Sorry but this was a big ol' shower of ****. I agree with TFD about the last 20 minutes or so being great and some of the scenes between Wilf and Ten were amazing, particularly all the 'dad' stuff, but the rest was awful. I gave it a 2
Report Spam   Logged

thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 10:06:37 am »

The only things that save it from being shockingly bad for me are the fact that I sat through something last week that has completed redefined my personal opinion of rubbish TV

Oh, come on! what did you watch?!!  Evil
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 12:33:46 pm »

The only things that save it from being shockingly bad for me are the fact that I sat through something last week that has completed redefined my personal opinion of rubbish TV

Oh, come on! what did you watch?!!  Evil

The Witches of Oz - I thought it was awful & I cannot believe Sean Astin, Billy Boyd, Jeffrey Combs & Christopher Lloyd had anything to do with it. I kept watching in the hope it would get better, but felt like I'd completely wasted my time. I'm sure there are people out there who liked it & good for them if they got something out of it - but it wasn't for me at all.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 12:39:29 pm »

I just downloaded that yesterday. I watched episode one last night and will do the rest tonight. I didn't hate it, but it's not great and nowhere near as good as the other reimaginings they have done like Tin Man or Alice
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 12:56:29 pm »

I just downloaded that yesterday. I watched episode one last night and will do the rest tonight. I didn't hate it, but it's not great and nowhere near as good as the other reimaginings they have done like Tin Man or Alice

I haven't seen Tin Man yet, but I quite enjoyed Alice. Maybe that made it worse for me as I expected more of the same. It is rare for me to have a strong negative reaction though - most of the time it's just 'no, don't like that' & move on. And I will move on, I just have a new personal benchmark for bad tv!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 09:35:31 pm »

I quite enjoyed this story - it has many weaknesses (the plot for example) but it was a nice old romp and I actually thought it was a suitable ending for the RTD era. It was wonderful in parts, it was awful in small parts, it was totally over the top and it was a triumph for emotional connection over plot-line. But Cribbins and Tennant were absolutely amazing and say what younlike, it didn't fail due to lack of ambition.

I gave it a four Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 09:21:05 am »

I haven't seen Tin Man yet, but I quite enjoyed Alice. Maybe that made it worse for me as I expected more of the same. It is rare for me to have a strong negative reaction though - most of the time it's just 'no, don't like that' & move on. And I will move on, I just have a new personal benchmark for bad tv!  Wink
Totally off topic, but Tin Man is cool.
Witches of Oz was utter bilge of the highest order. Wish Syfy would spend their $$ wiser, maybe buy Human Target or something instead of all this crap they churn out.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 11:55:33 am »

Totally off topic, but Tin Man is cool.
Witches of Oz was utter bilge of the highest order. Wish Syfy would spend their $$ wiser, maybe buy Human Target or something instead of all this crap they churn out.

I actually like a few of their shows, but yeah you do have to search through some very dodgy stuff to find it.

Report Spam   Logged

chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 12:16:42 pm »

I do think that this one wasover the top and that the ending was dragged out a bit.  But I still cried a little at the very end.  Tennant did a great job, as always Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: